Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 9 replies

I got a call from Samsung Rewards today...

devilsmafia

Sep 11, 2008, 2:16 PM
I was getting my oil changed when some woman named Amy called me from Samsung Rewards today. She said that she needed to verify a sale that I had reported this past tuesday on the new Samsung Rewards site. She asked me to fax a copy of the invoice to her. Since i'm off today i wasnt able to do this obviously. I told her that i'd be back at work tomorrow and I'd call her back to get the fax number from her.

I was wondering if anyone else had gotten a call like this today or any other day since the new site has gone back up. I'm wondering if this is thier way of verifying legitimate Samsung phone sales.

Anyone else get a call from her or someone else claiming to be from Samsung Rewards.
SEM

Sep 11, 2008, 3:05 PM
I was reading your post and I got the exact same call. I wonder why they are having us verify it now, when we will have to verify them again on the 24th?
sprintguy19

Sep 11, 2008, 4:14 PM
I know this is obvious, but be careful what custie info you fax out. May be a scam looking for Phone #'s (read about companies selling "sales leads"), SS #'s, even IMEI's or ESN's for some reason. Not to mention credit card info.
SEM

Sep 11, 2008, 4:25 PM
Yeah I submitted the invoice they were asking about, but only after I blacked out every single bit of info except for the total, my name, and the ESN.
cellboothmgr

Sep 11, 2008, 6:44 PM
i would call samsung rewards when you get back to work and see if they are actually making out bound calls. make sure its not a fraud call like everyone else has said. let us know how it turns out.
devilsmafia

Sep 11, 2008, 7:07 PM
Yeah i'll call them tomorrow morning when i get into work and let everyone know what they say.
SEM

Sep 12, 2008, 1:29 PM
I already faxed my verified sale in. When they called, they gave me a number to call back that was different then whats on the website. So I called back the listed number and asked for the same girl, sure enough she was there. It seems legit to me.
procell2637

Sep 15, 2008, 1:51 PM
hey
do we have to give out the customers information ....i don't think that legal thing to do.
juttsin2

Sep 15, 2008, 10:30 PM
I emailed the customer service to ask them what specific info they will need from us to "verify" our sales.
phone number?
sim number?
customer name?

they emailed me back this

"George,

At this point in time we do not have any more details than what you received in your email. More correspondence will be sent out on September 24th.

Thank you,
Samsung Rewards Customer Care"

It sounds to me like they are not asking anyone to verify anything until the 24th. I dont know who is contacting you people... I honestly think they put the site back up to try to catch more people doing fraud...
This is how the old tmobile rewards site used to work
imei# phone # status : Aproved
or
imei# phone # status : Denied -not ...
(continues)
juttsin2

Sep 15, 2008, 10:51 PM
this is the info right off their new terms and conditions. So I think this is for the new points being logged now.

1 Sponsor will select a random sampling of your reported handset sales.

2 You will receive an email notification containing a list of the IMEI/ESN/MEID numbers for your sampling of reported handsets, along with a tax Form W-9.

3 You must submit a valid invoice or cash register receipt as proof of sale for each IMEI/ESN/MEID included on your provided list, via the reply methods noted in the notification email.

4 You must complete, sign and submit the Form W-9 via the reply methods noted in the notification email.

5 Upon receipt your proofs of sale and Form W-9 will be reviewed for accuracy and...
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.