Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 8 replies

That's just low...

OfAMightDivine

Sep 7, 2008, 11:36 PM
I take a sup call for one of my reps. Lady yelling and crying at me on the phone because she had gone way over her minutes, and 'couldn't afford' to pay for them. We offered her a full rework on her account if she just changed plans to a higher one. Over $500 bucks she could get off her bill. She declined it and wants everything. She argues with me over the fees and won't give up. Then she tells me the 'truth'.

She says that because her father had just died, she was calling tons of people and receiving calls way much more than she normally would. I put her on hold to review her account, maybe be a nice guy (for once). I empathized with her because I just had a string of deaths in my family. I know how she was feeling.

I waived the ch...
(continues)
dalily21

Sep 8, 2008, 2:13 AM
Makes you just not want to believe customers sometimes. This one time I was listening to one of my reps live and the call escalated and the customer completely changed their story when I got on the phone. Check out what I pulled from VZW t&cs (it sounds like you work for them-offering a full rework if they changed their plan)

I would love to see this happen, I wonder under what circumstances this would happen...?

Our Rights to Limit or End Service or This Agreement
You agree not to resell our service to someone else without our prior written permission. You also agree your wireless phone won’t be used for any other purpose that isn’t allowed by this agreement or that’s illegal. You agree that you won’t install, dep...
(continues)
fyredawg

Sep 8, 2008, 7:39 AM
Kudos to you. I'm glad there ARE some people in the call centers that don't undermine what we try to uphold at the store level!
Pious Goddess

Sep 8, 2008, 9:45 AM
Awesome. That's happened to me before, unfortunately they called back and got the credits again!
devilsmafia

Sep 8, 2008, 11:13 AM
If it's possible you should add more charges to thier bill. What an F'n dick. 😈
fivedollarsimcard

Sep 9, 2008, 3:12 PM
I had a cust call my store once asking to change the account to her name, when i asked for the name "She" said a guys name... the one on the account. when I asked her where Mr. ^^^^ was she said hang on a sec. I hear her saying to someone to pretend to be him and she puts him on. I said hello Mr. ^^^^ I need to verify your account so I can answer your daughters questions. "sure" he says. What is her number again... he pauses and asks her quietly while holding the phone away from him, and repeats it to me. "And your full name sir?" he responds, " uhhh, ^^^ ^^^^." "And your middle name?", i ask(the system doesn't show us this info, but i knew he was lieing). I hear him once again hold the phone away and ask her what his middle name is...
(continues)
BigShowJB

Sep 9, 2008, 6:22 PM
call her back using a "private" caller ID line and say "You and the horse you rode in on first" and hang up. dopn't even give her a chance to respond
Milkballz

Sep 11, 2008, 8:39 AM
THAT IS AWESOME...I hate customers that pull the sympathy card without a real situation. I had a similar situation last christmas with a woman telling me about her daughter who was molested by her husband and now he is in jail and all she wanted was a Kyocera Strobe. She was so mad because one day it was a penny and the next it was 50$ she cried and fussed and I felt really bad and I offered her all kinds of deals on accessories but i had no authority to change phone pricing. I'm glad I couldn't cause I came to find out later that she was molesting her child and she wanted the phone for herself...people disgust me.
Fredd

Sep 11, 2008, 1:02 PM
Hmm, is that why the standard is to allow the customer to be the one to hang up?

Kudo's to you for reversign the credit. I hope you let her know why, too!

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.