Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 11 replies

Fraudsters rock.

Trygon

Sep 5, 2008, 6:07 PM
So customer calls in, wants to activate some relic of a phone, on an account with fraud warnings all over it. Per team coach instruction ('This guy's a fraudster.' 'Do it anyway.') I activate his phone, and we program it. He claims it doesn't work. ('Don't you have another code, maybe, that we could try?' 'Please hold.') Those of you who have seen KMS know Sprint apprently frowns on handing out the MSL. I call the contact number for the account, reach Stacey, who informs me that there's no way this call is legit. A quick call to a painfully clueless fraud agent removed the new line, and I informed my criminal friend I had spoken to Stacey ('Who?' 'Your coworker!').

The loud cursing and fumbled hangup were priceless. I love my job.
ac4321

Sep 5, 2008, 8:00 PM
So, you knowingly almost enabled a fraudster? Kudos. Good for you.
🙄
Trygon

Sep 5, 2008, 9:29 PM
I didn't want to. My direct supervisors told me to. Repeatedly, in fact. It wasn't until I took it upon myself to contact the POC that I got the proof I needed to convince them to let me take care of it.

Reading comprehension seems to not be your strong suit. Jackassed assumptions, however...
ac4321

Sep 6, 2008, 10:54 PM
Ethics hotline. It's there for a purpose.
Trygon

Sep 12, 2008, 5:50 PM
No need, there was a happy resolution to it all.
Duct Taper

Sep 12, 2008, 5:51 PM
Your sup got fired?
Trygon

Sep 12, 2008, 6:01 PM
No, the fraud was stopped, the customer was informed of their unsecure account, and I got a reputation for spotting fraud.
BigShowJB

Sep 6, 2008, 9:29 AM
what I don't understand is why the team coach said go ahead... that just boggles my mind. did he ever reveal the point of atarting the activation for KNOWINGLY activating a fraudulent account?

I'd report that to the next level above him...
Trygon

Sep 12, 2008, 6:01 PM
The caller could verify - It was nothing but my sense of 'this ain't right' that worried me.
OfAMightDivine

Sep 13, 2008, 12:18 PM
Trygon said:
The caller could verify - It was nothing but my sense of 'this ain't right' that worried me.

Trygon said:on an account with fraud warnings all over it.

Real keen sense of 'this ain't right' you must have there.
lxav06

Sep 12, 2008, 11:05 AM
ok what is kms?
i have no problem getting my msl.
(got it to shorten my slot cycle index)
Trygon

Sep 12, 2008, 5:49 PM
Knowledge Management System, sprint's be-all for documents on anything.

Do you actually know anything about what the MSL does? It's fascinatingly mysterious to me.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.