Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 24 replies

What's the worst possible Phone/Customer Pair-up you've seen?

fivedollarsimcard

Sep 4, 2008, 10:10 AM
Doesn't have to bee your customer or even seen in your store, but just the worst pairing of user and device you've ever seen.

A few months back I was working about 30 minutes west of St. Louis. Slackjawed Willy, who looked like he had just come bumbling in from Slingblade or The Hills Have Eyes, walks straight towards me and shove his dirty Iphone right in my face. Let me explain this customer in detail from head to toe. Big steel toed(possibly Sh it covered) boots... no socks, a pair of bib overalls--that's it. I suppose he had just did the real owner of the phone in and need help figuring out what exactly this mysterious device was. I'll never truely be able to tell you because his accent was that of someone who has had their throa...
(continues)
girlfromabc

Sep 4, 2008, 10:24 AM
REALLY PREPPY GIRL WITH DIAMOND/PEARL JEWELRY " LIKE OKAY WHATEVER GIRLFRIEND" vocabulary, daddy's money paid for her bmw...... and has.... tada!!!!!!!!!! NOKIA DINOSAur phone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
cellfiend

Sep 4, 2008, 12:04 PM
It was probably temporary cause she dropped her normal phone while bathing in expensive champaign.
girlfromabc

Sep 4, 2008, 12:06 PM
or the infamous " i dropped it in a cup of liquour" in her case CRYSTALE
cellfiend

Sep 4, 2008, 5:03 PM
What I like is when people roll over it with their car. Why? Because it absolutely befuddles me how this is possible. I guess if it falls out when you're getting into it. But the tire is only so wide...
girlfromabc

Sep 4, 2008, 5:05 PM
haha i got you beat this girl comes in still in her lifeguarding uniform and her phone magically " quit working" i take out the battery and the indicator is bright red and i ask if its been dropped in water and she says no never... THERES STILL WATER IN THE PHONE AND YOU ARE IN A LIFEGUARD UNIFORM BUT IT HASNT BEEN IN WATER?? ..... my iq is not 10.. is yours? lol didnt say that but thats what i wanted to say
cellfiend

Sep 4, 2008, 5:14 PM
Yeah when they lie I show them the red mark. Not like I care we don't handle insurance claims anyway.
beergirl

Sep 4, 2008, 5:21 PM
cellfiend said:
What I like is when people roll over it with their car. Why? Because it absolutely befuddles me how this is possible. I guess if it falls out when you're getting into it. But the tire is only so wide...

Oh! I tested this theory with a Samsung Sync. Ran it over 5 times with a packed full Chevy Beretta. Tried it open, closed, whatever. All I got were scratches. The battery even stayed in the phone and the screens were fine.
Deadeye-Jim

Sep 4, 2008, 6:06 PM
man, i slept on my SYNC accidentally and busted the screen the first week... and i snooze on a mattress, instead of gravel or concrete. i also weigh somewhat less than a Beretta. 🤨
beergirl

Sep 4, 2008, 6:08 PM
this is on video. Swear.
Fredd

Sep 5, 2008, 3:20 PM
Epensive "champaign"? Are you from Illinois?
🤣
Fredd

Sep 4, 2008, 11:41 AM
Sounds like an insurance agent I used to deal with in Union!
nodeposit

Sep 4, 2008, 11:50 AM
The guy was already a prepaid customer...drove a little Ford Ranger truck w/ all sorts of sh*t in the back and tied to the roof.....would tell me he was a self taught lawyer and doctor.....couldn't finish a sentence without jumping to something else..... My stupid owner told him we'd waive the activation fee if he switched to postpaid....so he did. He started praying, thanking God for leading him to me to get the phone. He wasn't all there. Him being paired w/ a phone period was a bad idea.
Deadeye-Jim

Sep 4, 2008, 5:06 PM
your "owner"?

LET MY PEOPLE GO
aguy-frombc

Sep 4, 2008, 5:40 PM
Actually, it's called meth.

I had a similar customer come in one day and talk with a female co-worker of mine. He was wacked out on something; I still bet meth. anyway...he starts talking about Jesus and being born again after just getting out of jail. he was wanting a pre-paid service but my co-worker managed to get the guy to run his credit. Of course this recently released from jail druggy has a $0 deposit because his previous sentence was longer than 10 years. (officially assault on an officer and posession of a controlled substance - he claimed...) Long story short the crack head gets contract...now stalks my coworker.

Back to the thread...crack head on a phone that works...just doesn't fit...crack heads don't need phones...thei...
(continues)
cellfiend

Sep 4, 2008, 12:06 PM
What do you have against steel toed boots? Mine have 4 straps.
BigShowJB

Sep 4, 2008, 6:00 PM
me and any GSM phone... dropped calls, bad signal the whole works-- hand it to my wife, mom, friend, everythings fine. I don't get it.

a 9 year old and a (pick one or more):
-blackberry curve
-iPhone
-Instinct
-Sidekick
-any other top-tier phone
and his or her blutooth
aguy-frombc

Sep 4, 2008, 6:03 PM
sold a 7 year old a HTC touch... They actually were smarter than the parent... I support them promoting the mental developement of their child...and the increase in my paycheck..
Nikoletta

Sep 4, 2008, 6:46 PM
I love her but...

My mother and an iPhone.

I don't know WHY she picked that phone but she's never going to understand all those features.
themasterpianist

Sep 4, 2008, 7:55 PM
Old people and any PDA. They're simply hopeless. I guess it helps to talk LOUDLY into a more expensive phone?

Ditsy girls and anything with a touchscreen that uses a stylus. Or as they would word it, "that stick thingy."

And 9 year olds with a tilt?! Come on now, what is wrong with parents.
dualitycomplex

Sep 4, 2008, 8:23 PM
I have one custie who is the owner of one of the car dealerships right near my store, the man came in and purchased a motorola w315 for himself. the whole phone to person placement didnt make sense to me. one of the few people who walks through my door that a PDA makes sense for, or atleast a higher end phone that has a little status to it even if its just for show to his customers and he walks out with the cheapest phone possible.
genii

Sep 4, 2008, 9:39 PM
two words...............CAR SALESMAN
kapwww

Sep 4, 2008, 11:27 PM
Many people who have money have it because they don't spend it.

Also, if he was old, he probably still has a real address book or a Rolodex. If he HAS put his address book in a computer, it's probably just typed as a text document instead of using a nice program like Outlook.
the Communist Manifesto

Sep 4, 2008, 11:30 PM
I fully agree with saving for a rainy day & retirement; however, what good is making money if you do not spend it from time to time? I have a savings account, a 401k, blah blah blah but I'm not afraid to "oh yes please, I'll take one."
General Lee

Sep 5, 2008, 4:39 PM
Hmm... my Dad & a Nokia 6133... to make him even MORE confused, I introduced him to my old 512Mb Micro SD card... him with that phone reminds me of a monkey tryin to f*ck a football!!! 🤣 🤣 🤣

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.