Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 6 replies

New Hires

thiscurveismine

Aug 16, 2008, 12:59 PM
Dont you love it when a new hire (completely new to the industry) knows more than you do about a job you have done for going on 2 years? All day yesterday, I was "corrected" in front of customers and told how I could have made a sale better by a guy who has worked here for 2 weeks. 👿 👿
Not to mention the nice discussion we had about RIM vs Palm with him actually saying "trust me, i just got out of training so I KNOW what I am talking about". But funny story, I checked Wikipedia this morning and turns out.... oh, wait, yeah thats right..... he was wrong, I am right (RIM was first in integrated phones (1995 i believe), Palm followed in 2002 after losing a lawsuit about the QWERTY keyboard shape). nuff said.

Must love new peo...
(continues)
softshoe

Aug 16, 2008, 2:20 PM
You actually quoted a source that every college proffesor out there would give you an F on any report for using as a source of research. BTW I changed the dates on that article last week.
llama

Aug 16, 2008, 3:32 PM
softshoe said:
every college proffesor out there would give you an F.

I agree.
Ellie004

Aug 16, 2008, 3:07 PM
Yep...

I hate it when co-workers do that...especially when I've been here longer than they have...
or when they interupt in the middle of a sale...ugh.
smiliey

Aug 16, 2008, 4:01 PM
it deserves an elbow to the face. there is no way any one should ever interupt a sale, especialy if you work commission based.

a coworker interupted a sale of mine once trying to give his "piece" i stopped talking, let him speak and stared at him. i asked him, "are you done?" he looks at me like 'what did i do?' and right in front of the customer i told him, "yea i dont think so.. you can leave now."

effing sh#t man!
thiscurveismine

Aug 16, 2008, 4:28 PM
exactly and in response to the anti-wikipedia reply, check the FCC approved dates on palms listed here on phonescoop, October 2001 was the earliest approval which would generally put the release to the public in 2002.

even worse that his "corrcecting" me was him trying to sell every customer a VU!! the funniest one was a customer who wanted a SMARTPHONE with a qwerty keyboard (who hates the iPhone b-cuz its full touch screen)!!!! my question here, why even show that phone, she doesnt want anything like it.
j.rankin

Aug 16, 2008, 4:35 PM
Well im going to say just give the new guys a break... there still learning, eventually they will understand, they just dont know the system behind what we do.

With that said, if you've worked here for two months and worked in the industry for many months prior and still dont know your place, then we have a problem.

P.S. alot of it is Commen F-ING SENCE!

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.