Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 10 replies

Kinda odd right before the merger

Rhayes76

Feb 7, 2005, 12:46 AM
👿 I was with AT&T before they even had the merger around Feb04 the closer it got to the November merge date I noticed that odd stuff was happening on my bill charges for long dist calls when I had a plan for that and then just before the merger I got hit with a bill of $3,000.00 it seems that I was removed from my night and weekend plan, which is what I mostly use. Long story short I got a cust serve rep to finally look and realize what was wrong and he even found extra added fees Mobil to Mobil charges. He tells me that it will take him some time to work it all out and get all the proper credits N&W and M2M. after about a month and a half he calls back all happy saying I got it all fixed for you and your new bill is 1500. Nice but not ...
(continues)
BlueGuy

Feb 7, 2005, 2:35 AM
Rhayes76 said:
👿 I was with AT&T before they even had the merger around Feb04 the closer it got to the November merge date I noticed that odd stuff was happening on my bill charges for long dist calls when I had a plan for that and then just before the merger I got hit with a bill of $3,000.00 it seems that I was removed from my night and weekend plan, which is what I mostly use. Long story short I got a cust serve rep to finally look and realize what was wrong and he even found extra added fees Mobil to Mobil charges. He tells me that it will take him some time to work it all out and get all the proper credits N&W and M2M. after about a month and a half he calls back all happy saying I got it all fixed for you and y
(continues)
Rathrok

Feb 7, 2005, 3:04 PM
On example "1", if he never signed a contract...then how will he be charged an ETF? I guess I could ask the same for "2" as well. 🙄
ralph_on_me

Feb 7, 2005, 3:20 PM
Rathrok said:
On example "1", if he never signed a contract...then how will he be charged an ETF? I guess I could ask the same for "2" as well. 🙄

Blue mentioned an ETF, if one applies. The prices charged weren't for an ETF, but because of feature/price plan changes. Blue was only giving reasons why this could've happened.
BlueGuy

Feb 7, 2005, 3:50 PM
thanks Ralph

Thats right Rathrok, what i was saying was option 1,2,3 are the only real reasons that the promotions got removed.

When i was talking about the ETf, what i was saying was that after it being reviewed by ATTWs, and they advised she would still have to pay $1500.00 and chooses not to, she would still be bopund by a 1 year contract from date the plan was taken, or if she/he signed 2 year, changed their plan and chose not to extend for more prootions, the account would then get suspended for non pay, depending on the account pay history anywhere from 15 to 30 days that would then change to cancel for non payment ,and she /he would charged an ETF on the account of $175.00 per line, plus then "fast tracked' based on prev pay his...
(continues)
Rathrok

Feb 7, 2005, 5:28 PM
I was actually referring to the part where you mention him not signing a contract, but still being under contract, and that is how some of the promotions can be taken away. I don't quite understand how that is possible. I understand if the 2 yr agreement was over and then they were taken away...but not how they can be taken away "under contract", but the person never signed...how is there a contract to begin with if he never signed?

anyways...now that I have your attention with ETF's and whatnot. I have a family share plan with 2 lines. If I just wanted to migrate one and disconnect the other, would I only be charged $175, or would I somehow be charged $175 per line..?
ralph_on_me

Feb 7, 2005, 6:06 PM
It should only be a charge for that one line, but those plans that are advertised as "two for $$" surely make single line port outs complicated.

I read elsewhere on here that for some carriers promotions (such as bonus minutes or seven o'clock nights) can be carried over from an old plan to a new one provided the customer renews for the agreed time. Most of those kinds of agreements were done over the phone, and the T&C were mailed. If the customer never returned the T&C then those promos could be taken off, and even back dated to the point of the new plan thus causing the overages.
DarkStar

Feb 7, 2005, 7:46 PM
Ain't that just like AT&T. I have had multiple customers complain that they were told they had a nation wide plan and then got charged for roaming out of their local area. This is why Cingular/AT&T were rated 4th behind Verizon, T-mobile, and Sprint by consumer reports. The only one worse was Nextel. Dang it now I can't make fun of T-Mobile.
BlueGuy

Feb 8, 2005, 5:02 PM
DarkStar said:
Ain't that just like AT&T. I have had multiple customers complain that they were told they had a nation wide plan and then got charged for roaming out of their local area. This is why Cingular/AT&T were rated 4th behind Verizon, T-mobile, and Sprint by consumer reports. The only one worse was Nextel. Dang it now I can't make fun of T-Mobile.

Hold your horses, if you wanna complain take a LOOK at Dealers.They tell that ****, we get those calls and have to educate the customers, see customers think like this : Free Nationwide Long Distance = Free Nationwide Roaming. Thats why it says on ALL customers ATTWS bills, under page 3 of their invoice, under monthly service fees : From Domestic Long D...
(continues)
greyrat

Feb 12, 2005, 2:34 AM
People misunderstood the nature of the tdma national plans. they had coverage areas across the US but not blanket coverage. It was a happy day when the national plans went away.
BlueGuy

Feb 8, 2005, 4:58 PM
Rathrok said:
I was actually referring to the part where you mention him not signing a contract, but still being under contract, and that is how some of the promotions can be taken away. I don't quite understand how that is possible. I understand if the 2 yr agreement was over and then they were taken away...but not how they can be taken away "under contract", but the person never signed...how is there a contract to begin with if he never signed?

anyways...now that I have your attention with ETF's and whatnot. I have a family share plan with 2 lines. If I just wanted to migrate one and disconnect the other, would I only be charged $175, or would I somehow be charged $175 per line..?

OK, well first, ...
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.