Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 20 replies

what do you do when...

GWaLK

Aug 7, 2008, 3:11 PM
a customer continues to mention that their loved one has died recently (up to a couple years ago) ?? this lady was just asking questions bout cases than started talking about how his voicemail still works even though he's been dead for over a year... it was very awkward and im glad her son came and got her to continue shopping.
Juanbyjuan

Aug 7, 2008, 3:14 PM
😕 look like that ....
Cause that is never fun to talk about with a customer.
sweetsprintrep

Aug 8, 2008, 7:27 AM
i hate my job! okay let's be sarcastic for a while, i love my job! now lets get back to reality, being QA sucks! i mean you've got to have balls to take on such a job that would easily put you in the top ten most hated list. let's face it, no one likes criticism - and don't start with that bullshit crap about creative criticism - it's cynical at best. not only do you gain the ire of people but you also have to contend with long hours that seem to have no end. overtime has become a staple of being QA and holidays are no exception.

it was hollows eve, October 31, and we usually end up going on skeletal shifts to accommodate the holidays. i just ended my third cup of coffee that night when i started on my sixth call. typical call, starts out...
(continues)
tiny

Aug 8, 2008, 3:04 PM
😳
poweredup

Aug 8, 2008, 3:28 PM
good storyteller that sweetsprintrep...
tiny

Aug 8, 2008, 3:29 PM
for sure
Dr. Ragnarok

Aug 7, 2008, 6:29 PM
Laugh.
OfAMightDivine

Aug 7, 2008, 10:39 PM
Dr. Ragnarok said:
Point and laugh.

Be honest.
Kamui

Aug 7, 2008, 10:45 PM
OfAMightDivine said:
Dr. Ragnarok said:
Point and laugh like the kid from the Simpsons "Ha Ha!"

Be honest.

Fixed.
kapwww

Aug 8, 2008, 12:20 AM
Sell her a phone. Renew the contract so she can keep the voicemail going for at least another two years! Sounds horrible, but that's probably what the bosses would want to hear. Who knows, she may want to!
sweetsprintrep

Aug 8, 2008, 8:12 AM
first day, first call( 2 years ago)

the one thing i hate about work is going back to it after a long weekend. first days are the hardest and getting through the whole day is a pill that's just a bitch to swallow. unfortunately, you only have two choices in this situation, either you pull yourself together and take that pill or stay home. the latter one's always the better choice but for some reason i always seem to take the first one.

so anyway, after enduring an hour's traffic and getting my pants wet from the rain i'm here at my workstation bracing myself for that first call. oh, by the way, did i tell you that i "volunteered" for a two hour pre-shift OT? i didn't? oh so now you know and volunteering is an act i don't practice often...
(continues)
maycroft

Aug 8, 2008, 8:25 AM
spooky.do you have a six sense?
sweetsprintrep

Aug 8, 2008, 10:00 AM
i dont think so..but yeah..sounds spooky and eerie..i never had a good sleep after that..used getting to it actually..
maycroft

Aug 8, 2008, 12:11 PM
where youfrom?
sweetsprintrep

Aug 8, 2008, 12:51 PM
y ur asking?
maycroft

Aug 8, 2008, 2:38 PM
just curious on your call center experience.
eljeffe666

Aug 8, 2008, 1:04 PM
come in because our voice mail is in the process of switching over to t mobile's system
and when that happens they lost there old greeting

but one persons voice mail was recorded by his wife a few years ago she died and he lost it

and the other a mom came in cause her son had recorded hers and like 3 days later he died in a car accident

neither one was coming in to like just bitch and fuss and holler like some ppl would

they were both calm and polite custys but i just felt bad cause i have no way of getting them back and dont know what to tell them
CTZ316

Aug 8, 2008, 1:22 PM
I would escalate the issue. I have seen reports of this same situation. The messages were able to be retrieved. You just need to get this issue to the right people.
Pious Goddess

Aug 8, 2008, 1:29 PM
That is pretty sad, I feel bad for them. At least it is possible to retrieve them according to CTZ316
sweetsprintrep

Aug 8, 2008, 2:21 PM
i had a customer before that was very pissed off bcoz her daughter has been died for 2 years but still we are sending her promotional info through mail..its like shes been trying to forget that tragedy but the promotional info reminds her of her daughter..she is actually crying when she called..i really feel sorry for her..
cellfiend

Aug 8, 2008, 3:28 PM
Play the sympathy card and sell her stuff is what you do. Am I disgusting? Perhaps.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.