Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 33 replies

It's quite sad when...

Juanbyjuan

Aug 5, 2008, 7:34 PM
when your at a mall and someone you know works for another carrier and you argue with them and win about wireless service. I was AT&T and he was T Moblie. Even random person looked at us and said, "Wow, i was wondering who i wanted and AT&T seems to have a better deal." Even the T-M guy shut up after i said rollover mintues. ๐Ÿ˜ข
cellfiend

Aug 5, 2008, 7:55 PM
That's pretty stupid of him to shut up. He does not know what he's doing.
lowtechlou

Aug 6, 2008, 11:06 AM
have to wear suspenders for your underwear
๐Ÿ™„
cellfiend

Aug 7, 2008, 5:28 PM
I don't get it. ๐Ÿคจ
lowtechlou

Aug 8, 2008, 9:05 AM
IM FAT, BUT NOT THAT FAT, COMICAL FAT, WEARING SUSPENDERS TO KEEP YOUR UNDERWEAR UP...ITS A BENNYHILL JOKE
dualitycomplex

Aug 5, 2008, 8:24 PM
if the t-mo guy was smart he would have called roll over a scam, I mean seriously why pay for minutes every month that you arent using for the one or two times a year you may go over your minutes, seeing as most customers tend to go over their minutes at set times during the year ::cough:: holidays, why not just change your plan for those couple months to a higher rate plan, than pay that extra cost for a year when you arent going to use even half of your roll over.

Just a tatic I use at my store when some one brings up roll over, not to crap in the middle of the road on your parade or anything. but to shut up just because another sales person has a selling point that is not avaible to you is just plain well stupid. What could the T M...
(continues)
OfAMightDivine

Aug 5, 2008, 8:45 PM
dualitycomplex said:
if the t-mo guy was smart he would have called roll over a scam, I mean seriously why pay for minutes every month that you arent using for the one or two times a year you may go over your minutes

That is the point to having Rollover. So that when you DO go over your minutes, it won't break your wallet. The price plans between the 2 largest companies are identical, except AT@T has Rollover. Why change your plan to a higher plan to cost more, when you could have had a nice bucket of extra minutes built up? I really don't understand your logic on that one.
dualitycomplex

Aug 5, 2008, 9:17 PM
its all about how you approach the customer you can either use roll over as a bonus or a detractor.
ralph_on_me

Aug 6, 2008, 10:18 AM
Something that would be a "detractor" is getting herpes for free, or for spending $20 here I get a free kick in the groin. See, those are negatives, unless you like collecting viruses and pain.

How is Rollover a detractor? Sprints old Fair and Flexible plans had a higher per minute cost than any other company. That's a detractor, because it dissuades people from signing up. That negative can be balanced by better service or phones, but its still a detractor.
ATTGuyNY

Aug 7, 2008, 1:29 AM
Rollover is a gimmick. I will agree that it may work for some people that do not have what would be deemed as normal usage, however most consumers have a well established usage pattern. AT&T knows this, thats why rollover exists, not because it is a huge beneifit to the consumer, but because it SOUNDS like a huge benefit to the consumer and doesnt really affect AT&T's wallet.

The T-Mobile rep should have should have retorted with My Fav's. Most people have a few numbers that they call all of the time, with My Fav's you can have what would be essentially unlimited calling for $69.99 a month. That would have been my position anyway if I was the TMOB guy.
ant1110

Aug 7, 2008, 10:09 AM
The t-mo rep did the right thing! Why, because MY Fav is a bigger scam then rollover. My Fav only work for people with an unlimited calling plan and people with metro psc! Just cause im your friend and it dont cost you to talk to me in the daytime dont mean it wont cost if im with a different carrier!
ATTGuyNY

Aug 7, 2008, 10:27 AM
I think that you should go to ww.t-mobile.com and read up on My Fav's, it doesnt matter if the number is a cell with any carrier or even a landline.

Being that is the truth of My fav's I am not quite sure where your post comes from. T-Mobile Europe maybe?
cellfiend

Aug 7, 2008, 4:16 PM
Listen n00b myfavs is to any cell phone or landline in america and is a nationwide plan. It has nothing to do with the unlimited plan, the 5 my favs are unlimited. Don't post on here again I feel sickened that I actually spent 5 seconds reading your post. How dare you steal my precious 5 seconds? Bastard.
Cellinovation

Aug 7, 2008, 4:05 PM
I agree! Why would you give your competitor the satisfaction of luring an uneducated customer. Almost all calling plans are all about company Spin!

ATT example:

Roll over is great never worry about going over minutes again!

Other carriers example:

What is the point in banking minutes, if you didn't use them in the first 6 months, what makes you think you are ever going to use them. It would not make sense to pay for minutes your never going to use would it?
cellfiend

Aug 7, 2008, 4:11 PM
YES!! Totally!!
UOQuack

Aug 6, 2008, 11:00 AM
Exactly right! The only time bashing on Rollover is legitimate is when you have a rep who puts a customer on a rate plan that is way higher than the customers needs. For example, they need 400 minutes, and they walk out with 1350 with Rollover. That clearly is a rip-off. But for a customer who needs say 700 but sometimes might have higher usage (holidays, etc) a 900 with Rollover is a great deal, because they dont have to change to a higher rate plan for a couple months. Bashing on Rollover is a sales gimmick, not a sales tool, and all those reps at the other companies would love to be able to sell Rollover as a benefit of their providers.
liquidfire

Aug 7, 2008, 9:07 AM
well the thing is, rollover is useless if you cant make calls to begin with. no service or crappy service is no good no matter how many minutes you have
UOQuack

Aug 7, 2008, 9:45 AM
Well of course, that goes without saying. If you cant use the service, dont sign up for it. It's worked great for me though, almost everywhere I've been (live in SC, travelled extensively across the country).
cellfiend

Aug 7, 2008, 4:16 PM
Yeah but it's not like tmobile's coverage is any better.
cellfiend

Aug 7, 2008, 4:10 PM
is a stupid tactic. If you sell tmobile just say that for the same price or less depending on plan, you get unlimited calling to each persons 5 myfavs on any cell or landline in america. Totally unlimited calling don't need any roll over minutes. Ask them who they talk to the most also.

It sucks for you because if they talk to a lot of different people theyre not going to care...to bad you don't sell both as it's easy to give the strengths and weakness of each like the fact every single bolt on for at&t is ridiculously higher priced.
ElTriste

Aug 7, 2008, 4:30 PM
To say the least. I sell sprint and ATT, and there are advantages to both. Yes, sprint sucks in most rural areas, and the unlimited roaming works like crap. In any decent sized city, my sprint phone works like a charm, and im some places where my friends don't. Att has better OVERALL service, and out of sheer customer mass, alot of peple can take advantage of mobile to mobile. rollover is also great because the price plans and such are very similar to all the other companies, and you get to KEEP the minutes you don't use. just a LITTLE bit more for your money, while you pay out of your BUM for texting, and data packages. It really depends on who will give you a line without a 500 dollar deposit. Hard to have credit qualified customers in the...
(continues)
cellfiend

Aug 7, 2008, 5:01 PM
Verizon has the best coverage, period. Too bad theyre plans are so ridiculous.
Juanbyjuan

Aug 7, 2008, 5:13 PM
yea, but customer service is rated the best with them and they do have more people under their network then At&t.
cellfiend

Aug 7, 2008, 5:27 PM
Juanbyjuan said:
yea, but customer service is rated the best with them and they do have more people under their network then At&t.

No customer service awards and ratings are higher on tmobile. And no, they do not have more customers than at&t. At&t has over 70 million cell users and with a unity plan that free calling increases to 120 million.
Juanbyjuan

Aug 7, 2008, 7:57 PM
Verizon just bought Attell. That kinda gave them the wireless boost over AT&T
devilsmafia

Aug 6, 2008, 11:19 AM
I work for a VZW indirect. We have the luxury of not only being able to sell VZW plans, but also Verizon landline services such as FIOS, High speed DSL and home phone services. I use those weapons to defeat rollover all the time. Whenever a customer tells me they are considering AT&T because of rollover minutes I immediatly tell them about how i can consolidate all of thier Verizon landline services and VZW plan all on one bill. Doing this allows the customer have not only unlimited In calling but also unlimited calls to thier home phone as well. Plus they have the convenience of One Bill for everything. I'd say about 90% of the time this helps me overcome any Rollover minutes issues.
BLEDSOE

Aug 6, 2008, 2:14 PM
blah blah...at&t has that as well as unity to all at&t landlines..Everybody has what they use to beat the other guys or we would not be in this business.
Juanbyjuan

Aug 7, 2008, 1:53 PM
But AT&T can do the same, but what the customer doesn't know is that it sucks to do that. Too many little things here and there that really f you in the behind, none the less, any combined billing is crap, plus our combine billing has rollover mintues too...lol
xombyme

Aug 6, 2008, 8:54 PM
its true every company has good and bad about them its just how you word it and go with the flow. att has rollover, t mobile has fave 5, verizon has ummmm, cool ummm, cool phones. and sprint has, mmmm crap, umm (man i work for sprint and i have problems beating that stuff) oooooooooo unlimited plan, if you actually need it
ATTGuyNY

Aug 7, 2008, 10:30 AM
I think the point of the replies to this post was to say that the T-mobile rep obviously wasnt that great a salesman, otherwise he would have found a way to get around such an selling point as rollover
hereticcavi

Aug 7, 2008, 10:45 AM
i think this thread is funny two fold. 1-the points given are all valid and good business practice to down other company's for your own dollar gaining ability. B- Only Sprint workers (like myself) bash their own company. you never see an AT&T or VZW rep bash their service. Funny to me
Juanbyjuan

Aug 7, 2008, 1:55 PM
The hardest thing for me to beat is the sprint plans. When that crap came out I had crazy people tell me that they would cancel if i didn't give them the 99.99 unlt everything, I gladly express sorrow and edu them on their ETF's.
lowtechlou

Aug 7, 2008, 12:44 PM
you wake up naked, lyning in a ditch with an IOU taped to your chest
tiny

Aug 8, 2008, 5:03 PM
๐Ÿคฃ

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.