Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

Interested in working for Verizon sales

maisha

Feb 5, 2005, 3:43 PM
Hey guys, i was working for Cingular and am looking at working for Verizon. I have a couple of questions and am hoping that you can help me out so i can make a good decision.
1) How is their pay structure, benefits and work environment?
2) Are they better than cingular and like cingular for thise who worked at ATTWS/Cinglar 3) do employees get company phones and wha are you allowed and not allowed to do
4) What does training entail
5) The bigie, if i get an interview what should i be aware of?

I honestlyhave to say Phonescoop rocks i learnt alot while in Cingular via phonescoop. Am looking to reading your responses. Thanx 🙂
bradleyt78

Feb 6, 2005, 4:17 PM
Verizon Sales = upper management that loves to 'pass the buck' and could care less about 'the little people.' It's getting paid decent -- but your sales numbers don't equate to the pay you would expect if you worked for other providers (like Cingular).

I've worked for VZW and now work for Cingular. If you want to work for a company that cares, that really is working towards a great goal and has a good time, you need to wake up and put your energy into Cingular.

If you want to work for a company that could care less of your personal and professional growth, could give a rat's ass about you and only cares about your numbers, then switch to Verizon Wireless -- you'll never stop working for them (until they decide you are expendable!)...
(continues)
TommyBoy

Feb 15, 2005, 1:50 AM
In other words if you like to earn your paycheck then vzw may be the place for you. I worked for vzw in the past, then sprint, then cingular, att, and one thing I realized is that vzw at least wants you to make the numbers as you do. they want to make the numbers from a business stand point and you want to make the numbers to keep your job. I like challenges and I like earning whats on my check. I would rather have the bar set higher and meet that and get paid very well for it than to have a bar I have to crawl under and get chump change. I work for vzw again and realized that the goals are extremely aggressive for a reason. They want litterally the best people working there to sell the product. To weed out people like the one mentioned befo...
(continues)
bradleyt78

Feb 15, 2005, 7:09 AM
In reference to TommyBoy's comments, he seems to think that I was a rep who didn't have high goals. I actually was the top performing rep in the Midwest Area for many months... with an average quota attainment well over 150%. I met and exceeded my goals consistently. I also ran one of VZW's top performing stores. I was not "weeded out."

With Cingular, I have high goals and stretch goals as well. I meet and exceed those. The difference is, at Cingular vs VZW, I work with THE BEST people, who know how to stay focused on 'the numbers' and create a great work environment as well. VZW as whole is a decent company, Cingular is just a better place for me. For people like TommyBoy, who are a "numbers" type of person and less of a "people"...
(continues)
TommyBoy

Feb 15, 2005, 11:00 AM
Yes I'm sure you were the best rep verizon ever had. I don't know how we are goin gto make it now that your at cingular. Shucks! And I seem to remember cingular having to buy another company to catch up to us. I'm sure you wont be one of the 68,000 jobs cut this year.. But if you were to get the boot I bet you anything you would be running to a Verizon store. Make sure your not the victim of just having a poorly run store and then claiming all of verizon was that way.. cause then you would just be ignorant and we don't want to be that now do we.

People who have your short sited eyesight when it comes to the goals of a company are better off going somewhere else anyway. It's going to funny when you hear about the stuff we are releasing in...
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.