Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 23 replies

no i'm not open yet!!!

liquidfire

Jul 25, 2008, 8:54 AM
i hate these people and i hate working in a kiosk.

my lights are off. i'm on the phone. and every store around me has its gate closed. yet this dude wants to stand here and stare at me til i acknowledge him. asks if i have chargers for dares (no sir, i dont have chargers for our newest phone ๐Ÿ™„ ), then he wants to "see" one ๐Ÿคจ

me: "sir, we're not open yet. please give me 10 mins to open."

cust: ๐Ÿ˜ณ ๐Ÿคจ ๐Ÿ˜•

and he walks away pissed off ๐Ÿ™„

this mall has been opening at 10am for the past, well for as long as i can remember

get a clue dude. no lights. gates closed. mall isnt open. DONT BOTHER ME YET!!

and before you all go saying, "you shoulda just sold it to him and made some money."

my register isnt...
(continues)
deepc185

Jul 25, 2008, 11:16 AM
Tell him he has to pay cash, you cannot give him a receipt, and all prices before 10am are automatically doubled or $50 is added, whichever is larger! ๐Ÿ˜ฒ
liquidfire

Jul 25, 2008, 12:43 PM
he came back at like 10:30 and whined and cried because i only have universal chargers and since hte package had a picture of a razr2 and said motorola, he assumed that i was lying to him when i told him it would work with a dare ๐Ÿ™„
cellfiend

Jul 25, 2008, 2:14 PM
I hate that. It's like when they want a black berry charger and you give them a motorola one and they get all panicky even though it fits the port. Just try it bitches if you don't like it return it.
ElTriste

Jul 26, 2008, 6:40 PM
Agreed...I hate when F****** come in and ask a question, then get all butt-hurt when you give them an answer that's not to thier liking. There's a reason that we work here, and you're asking US questions
Tmo Slave

Jul 25, 2008, 12:49 PM
I had a guy one time who was actually waiting by our kiosk. He saw me walking up and walked over to me. I hadn't even made it to the kiosk yet and he walks up all pissed wanting to return a phone. I tell him that I'm not open yet and that I can help him in 30 mins when I am open. He looks at me like I was speaking Japanese.

People don't care if your open or not they don't see you as a person. All they care about is themselves and you are just there to serve them.
liquidfire

Jul 25, 2008, 1:54 PM
yup. and its bull!
i had that happen to me one morning. dude followed me in from the parking lot. i got to my kiosk and ignored him. went about my business. he starts yelling at me as to why i havent talked to him yet. i told him i wasnt open til 10am like the rest of the mall. that really pissed him off. so he started yelling more. i ended up helping him like 5 min before i was technically open. his phone was stuck in car kit mode. so i called tech and we needed to do a FRU. so i explained that to him and he yelled more. blah bla, losing thousands an hour, blah, blah. so i lost it

i told him, "sir. i was nice enough to start early and help you with your problem. i've dont what i can. you are getting a new phone for free. there is nothin...
(continues)
cellfiend

Jul 25, 2008, 2:16 PM
If he threw the phone at you you should attack him or press charges.
liquidfire

Jul 25, 2008, 6:17 PM
should have. the worst part about it is my DM yelled at me for it!!

she was like, "oh you musta dont something to piss him off"

๐Ÿ™„

she got canned wed tho ๐Ÿ™‚
cellfiend

Jul 26, 2008, 7:35 PM
**** that dumb whorebag and her slutty yet morbidly obese ways. ๐Ÿ˜
caca

Jul 25, 2008, 3:18 PM
threw the phone at u?

u must not be intimidating?

usually when i get a crazy ass customer like this i talk to them very firm and loud.

Give em that "bitch try it" look. lol

๐Ÿคจ
kapwww

Jul 26, 2008, 12:08 AM
First off, LGs usually get stuck in Car Kit if the charging port gets wet and corrodes. I have, however, seen a few situations where that is not the case. However, after he threw the phone, I would have called the FRU team back and explained that the phone has now been physically abused/damaged and should not be replaced. Make the schmuck file an insurance claim or buy at full retail. If he decides to act like a child, treat him like one and stick to the rules for his own good. Teach him a lesson. ๐Ÿ™‚
Pious Goddess

Jul 26, 2008, 2:50 PM
I agree, you should have called the FRU team back and told them, Lol that would have been priceless.

I've had store reps notate the acct when a cus is out-right rude, in which I sometimes call the store to verify what happened.

Some cus feel they are better than you, so therefore treat you like the floor they walk on. I get it on the phone, and what they don't understand is if I am being nice and trying to work with you, and offering you the best deal that is out side of policy, and you continue to be an ass you can not expect me to allow you to mistreat me. I simply get firm, and after going over the same subject for 10mins or so if it even gets that far. I simply keep my nice attitude, soft voice and yet say firmly. "Is there anythi...
(continues)
kapwww

Jul 26, 2008, 6:48 PM
I once had a guy who wanted to exchange but didn't have the charger, box, contents, etc. The phone had a few minor marks, but I was willing to exchange it anyhow. I told him he had to bring everything back before I could do the exchange.

It had happened in the past that we did the exchange for someone then never saw the rest of the stuff come back hence screwing us. As a result, the rule became you had to have everything present.

The guy got all ticked off and slammed the phone on the counter demanding a different right then and there. He claimed he would bring the other stuff over "if he got a chance". In the process of slamming down the phone, he cracked the housing. I had to tell him I could no longer exchange the phone fo...
(continues)
ElTriste

Jul 26, 2008, 7:35 PM
Someone stole a phone from my store...kinda. My boss was doing an act. and usually well let the customers play with the phones after thier activated, make some test calls, bla bla bla, and he takes off to the "bank" cause he doesn't have the 16 dollars to pay the sales tax on the phone. 2 days later, we realize the phone was stolen, and adivse the customer if he doesn't either return, or pay for the phone, we'll have stockton pd go to his house and reposess the phone for us. 2 weeks pass by, and the cops won't do anything, so I make a couple nice tweaks to his active ATT account...$199.99 6000 min plan, EVERY ADD ON POSSIBLE, and voice restriction...OH and I changed his phone number, so he can't even call customer care. His Acct. number will...
(continues)
liquidfire

Jul 28, 2008, 9:20 AM
so the dude took the phone without paying, aka stole it, and the cops wont do anything? why not??

you obviously have his address. i'd go over there myself and get that phone back. also, who they he!! steals a phone thats only going to cost $16??
missmarch1986

Jul 28, 2008, 11:59 PM
they just changed our hours at the free standing stores and we now open at 10 instead of 9, this has been so for well over a month now. i do have to say i love the middle aged jack asses who come in and bitch me out first thing in the morning because they had to sit in their car and wait an hour and a half for us to open. well mr jack ass its not my fault you didn't find something more productive to do with that time period. then they proceed to chew you out about how they had to check in once they got in the door and werent serviced immediatly. well sir where a cell phone store, not a brothell. then i love how they mill around our door. its stupid! nothing is important enough to mill around a stores door before they open! go sleep in o...
(continues)
cellfiend

Jul 25, 2008, 5:21 PM
if a customer threw a phone at me i would attack instantly its a self preservation/anger mechanism built into my dna that I have no control over

an alternative would be to take the phone and chuck it at the wall as hard as you can OR the customer
caca

Jul 25, 2008, 5:25 PM
cellfiend said:
i would attack instantly its a self preservation/anger mechanism built into my dna that I have no control over

...do u also make wild animal noises while ur "attacking"?
cellfiend

Jul 25, 2008, 8:06 PM
I don't know what noises I make I don't even know I did anything till I stop - my mind gets kind of fuzzy and the wild beast inside takes over
tiny

Jul 25, 2008, 10:35 PM
RAWR!!!!
cellfiend

Jul 26, 2008, 7:34 PM
meow
squishymathias

Jul 30, 2008, 9:37 PM
hissss
CellularFanattic1

Jul 31, 2008, 10:00 AM
dont people like that just piss you off i know they piss me off

Customer i had yesterday bout made me flip out on him

I am in the middle of doing an upgrade and im maybe about half way through the process and still have all the paperwork to go over with the customer. so this guy comes in and sits down in the chair on the other side of my desk.

Me: How are you doin today!

Customer: aight i need you to run my girls credit to see if she can get a phone, i just went to the other store and mine is $500.

so he reaches out to hand me a license and some paper

Me. I will run it here in just a few minutes sir as soon as im done with them.
Did you say it was your girls check?

Customer: yea i got her license and social card...
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.