Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 7 replies

Longest call ever?

Kamui

Jul 24, 2008, 6:49 PM
So I was reading through some funny and ancient threads in Shop Talk and I cam across a topic similar to this, so what are some of yours?

My longest so far was an hour and a half long call where I was trying to teach an old woman how to use the WAP browser on her phone, she didn't understand how to put the phone in T9 mode, and apparently hit the keys so slow in ABC mode that she had a string of "m"s before we were able to get a single "o" for "Google".
Tmo Slave

Jul 24, 2008, 6:52 PM
I remember back in the day when we first started porting numbers I would be on hold for like 3 hours. Basically our store would draw straws and that person had to take care of all the port problems that day. Then they would spend 45 mins to 2 hours on the phone checking all the number ports. 3 weeks to transfer a number made people really happy. 😉 Stupid At&t.
justiN0six

Jul 24, 2008, 8:39 PM
3 hour long call when i worked in warranty for big blue. Nobody would help my custy out. I can't remember what we were doing but I ended up figuring it out on my own in the end.
Island Kween

Jul 25, 2008, 11:42 AM
Well Ive had several long calls, but I love it when I get a call and ask the customer to give me their wireless number and they dial it into the phone haha.... Do I really sound like a robot?? jeeez
MrGoofball

Jul 25, 2008, 11:58 AM
Six and Half hours when lnp was first released trying to get ahold of att wireless's porting department. After 45 min I told the cust i would just call her back once I got someone she was surprised when I called back 6 hours later to transfer her.
caca

Jul 25, 2008, 5:03 PM
just wow
learninghome

Jul 25, 2008, 2:42 PM
2 and a half hour chat, once. Kept me in until 1am.
caca

Jul 25, 2008, 5:06 PM
was it naughty? lol

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.