Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

dial one digit wrong and see who answers.....

Dj Podmaster

Jul 24, 2008, 8:08 AM
The hardware upgrades number for store reps to call is one digit different from a cheap motel number on the other side of the country. One of my coworkers called them today by accident and they tried to upgrade his room for him and sell him a vacation package 😁 .
UOQuack

Jul 24, 2008, 9:11 AM
Funny story similar to that...AT&T reps sometimes have to call the credit & activations department for credit checks. It's an 866 number, but we have it set up as a speed dial on our phones. Well one day one of our phones went out, and we had to replace it, and didnt have the speed dials set up. So I had to dial the number manually, and I thought I remembered it as an 800 number. So I had it on speaker phone cause I was doing something at the same time, and imagine my surprise when the call goes through to a 1-800 sex line! There's all this moaning and groaning and then some sexpot comes on asking for my credit card number. I made sure we had the speed dials set up asap after that call!
WhoDey

Jul 24, 2008, 11:06 AM
Quick, pick which one is right

800BOOST4U
866BOOST4U
888BOOST4U
877BOOST4U

Pick carefully.. you wont like the wrong answer.... or maybe you will
lowtechlou

Jul 24, 2008, 3:05 PM
when cricket first came to memphis in 2000, the 800 # and a persons locall fone # were the same except for the area code, and of course our customers werent bright enough to figure out you actually had to dial the area code...

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.