Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 31 replies

GET THE F*** OUT OF MY STORE!!!

darknessdenounced

Jul 7, 2008, 12:07 PM
NO THIS IS T-MOBILE AND NO I CANT PRINT OFF MAPQUEST DIRECTIONS FOR YOU TO GET TO THE CLOSEST ALLTEL STORE!!!
darknessdenounced

Jul 7, 2008, 12:12 PM
Sorry I was really upset just then the actual convo went like this:

*customer walks in*

me: hi welcome to t-mobile how can I help you?

custy: oh this isnt alltel?

me: *gestures to giant t-mobile sign above head* nope t-mobile

custy: can you give me directions to alltel?

me: um, im new to town and im not sure (not really)

custy: oh....could you mapquest it and print them out?

me: seriously?

custy: uh yeah...

me: no sir we cant...\

custy: oh you dont have a printer?

me: *starts to walk away* yeah, thats what it is....
j-villa

Jul 7, 2008, 1:03 PM
i would of tried to sell him on my network and get him to switch. Port the number, then why would he need to go to the alltell store?

I see reps do things like this all the time...Don't really understand it.

But it is kinda funny. I wouldn't have printed him directions either. 😎
darknessdenounced

Jul 7, 2008, 1:06 PM
are you a rep?
j-villa

Jul 7, 2008, 1:09 PM
yes sir i am....
darknessdenounced

Jul 7, 2008, 1:12 PM
then you can sometimes understand why reps do this, after you get rediculous question time and time again, not to mention unreasonable requests galore...surely you can understand why I didnt try and convert him...
j-villa

Jul 7, 2008, 1:15 PM
oh no i fully understand....

sorry if my message made you feel that i never feel this way.

We all work in the industry. We all know how these customers really are haha...
darknessdenounced

Jul 7, 2008, 1:20 PM
oh ok lol, I was like...surely he kids..haha...good times...you know the thing is..on a good day I might have grabbed a brochure and tried to sell him, but its just been one of those days....lol...every dumb customer in the book...

custy: can i pay my bill here

me: yeah do you have your bill with you

custy: no

me: did you know how much you wanted to pay?

custy: no

me: ok let me look it up for you what are the last four of your social?

custy: um im not sure i left my wallet at home...

seriously...who doesnt know their own social...or even the last four....
j-villa

Jul 7, 2008, 1:30 PM
Being an indirect i get that all the time. Since i need the last 4 or the social to get into accounts with my provider.

Can't you just look it up by the phone number. No i already told you, i need the last four. This is for YOUR protection so some joe can't walk in from the street and mess with your account.

Today for me has been really slow. Mall is empty. Sold an Access, Text add on, And did a phone exchange. That's it.

Blah, Mondays.
darknessdenounced

Jul 7, 2008, 1:32 PM
blah mondays indeed I have done two bill pays....

honestly the only thing that will get me through today will be my graham crackers and the Top Jams station on aol radio...oh and phonescoop...
j-villa

Jul 7, 2008, 1:35 PM
LOL graham crackers...

I have a big bag of dum dums. Even though i don't think one mall customer has taken one. Although the mall employees raid it all the time.

ps, myspace, and another small forum is what keeps me going through my 12 hour days.
darknessdenounced

Jul 7, 2008, 1:46 PM
11 hours here, and we arent allowed to get on myspace...this is one of the few sites that have been ok'd. I used to work at an at&t kiosk, and I miss seeing people and having mall employees to talk to...the store im in is in a strip mall....sigh 😕
j-villa

Jul 7, 2008, 1:50 PM
wow that must suck....

I don't think i could handle working in a strip mall....I bet there are days where you go hours without seeing someone.
darknessdenounced

Jul 7, 2008, 2:27 PM
yeah...unfortunately their are...but just let me try and eat lunch or take a smoke break and im guaranteed a customer...without fail..lol
j-villa

Jul 7, 2008, 2:50 PM
everytime they see my brb sign....

they flood over...I don't understand why people hate talking to reps. I mean we are here to help you, teach you about new devices, ect.

I still hate the typical.

Hey how are you guys doing(or something along those lines)

No i'm just looking...
darknessdenounced

Jul 7, 2008, 2:57 PM
lol i love that and then they stand there and look at your phones FOREVER and you are just sitting there...feeling akward...so you try the whole "are you with abc wireless now?" and then they MAYBE look up at you and then mutter under their breath....and then the akwardness continues...

but by far my favorite is when you are at a kiosk and you greet someone that is literally maybe three feet away and they just totally ignore you like you didnt say anything...I used to always keep saying hi until they looked at me

hi welcome to att, how can I help you today?
*silence*
hi
*silence*
hi
*silence*
hi
hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi!

lol good times
j-villa

Jul 7, 2008, 3:07 PM
yes i do that....

Hello blah blah...

silence....

huhhmmm excuse me. How are you doing today? 😛

One of these times when a customer ignores me when i say hi, i am gonna ignore them when they have a ? for me.

Ha i probably won't though, b/c this job does pay my bills.
darknessdenounced

Jul 7, 2008, 3:24 PM
ahh but its still fun to dream about being mean to customers...even if we never really are.... 😉
j-villa

Jul 7, 2008, 3:27 PM
lol i have been at other jobs when i was younger 🤣

and people are dumb to pick fights or mess with servers. Hasn't everyone scene the movie waiting?!?! haha... j/p or am i 😎
liquidfire

Jul 8, 2008, 9:53 AM
i bet you werent half as mean to your customers as i was to some of the servers 😁
hereticcavi

Jul 8, 2008, 11:30 AM
Not kidding at all as i was reading this and joking with my co worker on how much this happens, a guy called my store.

Me, thank you for calling sprint this is me how can i help you.

C, how much are your t mobile sim cards.

Me, we sell sprint nextel here sir not t mobile

C, oh sprint and nextel. You dont have t mobile sim cards though?

Me (breathes through teeth) (Deep exhale) No sir

C, Wheres the nearest t mobile?

Me, (Full knowing where the t mob is)I dont know sir.
cellfiend

Jul 8, 2008, 12:48 PM
Why didn't you try to convert him?
darknessdenounced

Jul 8, 2008, 1:29 PM
after you get rediculous question time and time again, not to mention unreasonable requests galore...surely you can understand why I didnt try and convert him...
cellfiend

Jul 8, 2008, 2:20 PM
No, I have no idea. At the least you could have asked how old his altell was.
Sonniku

Jul 8, 2008, 3:58 PM
please tell me you are kidding...that is just an ignorant customer in the making. Who wants to actually have to be responsible for that kind of headache?
cellfiend

Jul 8, 2008, 4:00 PM
Sonniku said:
please tell me you are kidding...that is just an ignorant customer in the making. Who wants to actually have to be responsible for that kind of headache?

What headache is involved in switching him over to your company and making a sale?
Sonniku

Jul 8, 2008, 6:06 PM
If they're a pain in the ass before they're a customer, they're gonna be even more of one after they're converted....simple as that. That's the headache i was talking about.
darknessdenounced

Jul 8, 2008, 6:55 PM
amen, and judging by how he looked I would just as easily not make the $5 commission and call it a day...
liquidfire

Jul 8, 2008, 3:49 PM
had a guy come up a few mins ago. i was on my computer and he goes

c: excuse me! are you busy?
m: no... how can i help you?
c: where is t-mobile?

:headdesk:

go find it for yourself you lazy mofo
astone

Jul 8, 2008, 3:57 PM
Hah I had a customer one time come into our AT&T store and wanted a charger for their Sprint phone, when I informed them we didn't have those accessories or even a charger that might be compatible they got upset with me saying that this was a cell phone store and I agreed adding in AT&T cell phones and accessories so they rudely asked where sprint was and i responded that I wasn't sure. Whenever customer make me mad it gives me like an adrenaline boost lol
liquidfire

Jul 8, 2008, 8:07 PM
from now on, when they ask where the competition is i'm either going to say i dont know orrr......just stare at them blindly until they leave 👀
attwork

Jul 8, 2008, 8:14 PM
That adrenaline rush you are feeling needs to be put to good use...

A fist to their face should be sufficient. 😈

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.