Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 10 replies

All cell guru's need ur opinion

doscal

Feb 2, 2005, 11:03 PM
Hey im starting my own biz selling boost, nextel, and sprint. Need some of your opinions on what you guys like, need, dont like, what should i or shouldn't i do, all that good stuff. I'd rather the ppl that know phones and the services let me know what would be a plus or negative then some first time consumer rights activist. So just let me know what you would like from a retailer. Should I put a no holy rollers sign in the window? 😈
donvito

Feb 3, 2005, 10:20 AM
one thing u got to do is be nice to ppl
i know u know this but if u got a corporate store in vicinity ppl will come to u if ur nice
corporate stores are nasty most of the times cauze no one buys things from them they just come to fix their phones and transfer number and all that
good luck
doscal

Feb 4, 2005, 12:48 AM
Thanks donvito. I got one corporate store i'll be in competition with. Luckily all their employee's are too busy trying to get in the others bed to pay attention to the customers. 😉
doscal

Feb 4, 2005, 12:50 AM
I did find a wholesale accessory comp that will let me honor replacements in my store within a year and I still get credit. Sounds good right? Most are made like junk anyways.
ralph_on_me

Feb 4, 2005, 4:07 PM
Most accessory companies will give you a one year return for defects, but since the cost is so freaking low you'll find it's usually not worth your time to send them in. We use C5 (aleev) and Tessco. I don't know their national availability though.

The good thing about having a store near a corporate office is you can play sympathetic to their billing issues, then tell them you're not connected to billing, but a quick run up the street can have that credited. After awhile people will be coming to you to buy, since they know it's what you're there for, and going to the corporate with troubles, since you can't fix them.
bradleyt78

Feb 5, 2005, 8:07 AM
I can't believe how absolutely ignorant some people are... I wonder if 'Ralph On Me' is simply an agent or owns an agent store...

"The good thing about having a store near a corporate office is you can play sympathetic to their billing issues, then tell them you're not connected to billing, but a quick run up the street can have that credited. After awhile people will be coming to you to buy, since they know it's what you're there for, and going to the corporate with troubles, since you can't fix them."

Come on now, what good do you do for your customers by sending them elsewhere. Get your lazy ass on the phone and work for your customer... who paid you in the first place... and get the credit and bill (which you most likely messed up...
(continues)
ralph_on_me

Feb 5, 2005, 1:00 PM
For the record, ignorance is not knowing. I may be a jerk, but I'm not ignorant. Your post seemed to fufill that quality though, since you spoke of my customer base and interactions as if you have first hand knowledge.

CSRs misinform customers of every kind of detail, who then expect agents to oblige. I could talk to these people trying to explain policy until I pass out from fatigue, and the only thing it would accomplish is wasting time. I've seen notations for "free sim cards", "refunds on credits", and handset swaps in store from telesales purchases. I cannot and will not do any of these things. They are against policy and we LOSE money.

"My" customers are always satisfied, but I will not spend 15 minutes explaining why I c...
(continues)
bradleyt78

Feb 5, 2005, 9:28 PM
Amen brother! I must say your response is impressive. And I'm not even being sarcastic.

I work daily with the people who are responsible for customer service and telesales on a national level. As often as possible, I weed out not only incompentant agents, but more importantly, people who work for my company who could care less. Just as importantly, false information and lack of education hurts any company, especially the ever changing wireless industry.

Keep your customers happy and keep your wireless provider happy. I'm sorry, but your first post seemed like all too many agents who think, "I got the sale, now get out of my face." That's unacceptable.
ralph_on_me

Feb 7, 2005, 10:20 AM
No hard feelings 😁 I do care about money, it feeds me... but that comes from happy customers.
armyofun

Feb 7, 2005, 8:43 PM
At least there are some people in telesales that care. In particular, me!!! 😎 I've had to take so many calls from customers who are pissed off from CSR's playing pinball with their call. I sacrifice my commission to help these people out.

Now granted, telesales agents are freaking retarded. Big shocker 😲!!! I had to calm a customer down after another telesales rep told her she could swap the cingular sim for the at&t sim in her V600, which, by the way, she paid $300 for. Anyway, it took me an hour and a half to clear the air.

It bugs me when a telesales agent has to play CSR. Oh, well. I still put food on the table.
doscal

Feb 6, 2005, 12:35 AM
Thank you so much. Actually, we used to use Tessco at my old store. And very good point about how cheap they are. This comp pays for shipping too so i figure i can package everything all together once a month. I will look into Tessco tho. I remember them having alot of hard to find stuff for every phone you can think of. Again....Thx.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.