Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 28 replies

heh

caca

Jun 30, 2008, 2:03 PM
phone rang .... *picked it up*

older lady says:

"Hello I have seen these contraptions that mount on to a laptop that enable it to dial into the internet. Do you have these devices?"

I said:

"fooook yooooo old lady im not selln u shiet cuz i dont want a cluster fu(k of a customer" ๐Ÿ˜ˆ

lol jk ... she just didnt want the 2yr contract ๐Ÿ™‚
took

Jun 30, 2008, 2:54 PM
i keep having customer come in who didnt even get their aircard from me expecting me to teach them how to use the internet and set them up a yahoo email address and eveything that the commissioned rep didnt bother to tell them. I.e. how to check data usage/disconnecting the device instead of just pulling it out/etc. I love it.
nicolie

Jun 30, 2008, 3:59 PM
if you knew better you would help them because in the end it will make you more money because when they can upgrade they will come to you and turn around and tell others how nice you were to them

honest to god has any sense of good customer service been lost i get plenty of a**holes in the store but i brush it off and take care of them but i guess thats why my store is a $4000 a week comissionable money must be customer service how much does your store bring?
took

Jul 1, 2008, 4:03 AM
if you send me an email address ill totally respond with all the detailed reasons being th e number 1 for custie service in my store has gotten me no where.
im the least commissioned person in our store because i believe like you that referrals etc are better than one big sale. Full disclosure where others dont. etc and i always end up dealing with their customers.. while they yell at me that they were told "oh yeah come in here and well replace your handset for free" even though we use a diff 3rd party insurance that requires the custy to file a claim online and wait for approval. My ins. isn'et as high, but my repurchase rate is cuz the custy always knew what they were getting. BUT full disclosure also causes lower sales over those who ju...
(continues)
liquidfire

Jul 1, 2008, 9:18 AM
yea i hate the people that will buy it cheap somewhere else and then expect you to teach them everything about it
lxav06

Jul 1, 2008, 2:44 PM
+ 1 on that.
cellfiend

Jul 1, 2008, 3:32 PM
+2 although i just hate them buying anything anywhere else period and then asking you about it
BLEDSOE

Jul 1, 2008, 3:42 PM
C: I JUST GOT ME A FREE PHONE AT WALMART.

ME: ๐Ÿ˜ณ

C: THEY TOLD ME TO BRING MY PHONE HERE AND YOU ALL WOULD TRANSFER OVER MY NUMBERS FOR ME.

ME: ๐Ÿ˜ณ

C: SOMETHING ABOUT THE SIMCARD....

ME: UNFORTUNATELY WE ARE NOT ABLE TO ADJUST ANY EQUIPMENT THAT WAS PURCHASED AT ANOTHER LOCATION FOR THE ENTIRE 30 DAY RETURN PERIOD.

C: ๐Ÿ˜ณ WELL WALMART SAID YOU COULD.

ME: WE ARE ABLE TO RIGHT AWAY WHEN CUSTOMERS PURCHASE EQUIPENT HERE. HOWEVER THAT DEVICE WAS PURCHASED AT WALMART SO WE CANNOT TOUCH IT DURING THE INITIAL 30 DAYS.

C: ๐Ÿ˜ฒ

ME: I WOULD BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO HELP YOU WITH ANYTHING ELSE THAT IS NOT RELATED TO THAT DEVICE.

OK...SO I HAVE ONLY SAID THIS TO ONE CUSTOMER ON A REALLY BAD DAY.....BUT IT WAS WORTH IT. ๐Ÿ˜‰
cellfiend

Jul 1, 2008, 5:30 PM
d00d..whats with the caps? settle down walmart has a tiny selection but their prices are generally unbeatable yeah.. on the brighter side those people dont make comission
d3ity

Jul 2, 2008, 10:30 AM
And they're barley an authorized agent.

They can't do early upgrades, redeem ne2, transfer information...

You can talk a customer out of thier "lower price" pretty easily

So you're gonna upgrade at walmart because they sell phone X for 69.98 instead of 99.99...

99.99 = 149.99 in store + 50 Mail in rebate.

-100 NE2 Credit (walmart can't redeem)
-50 Mail In Rebate
-5/10/whatever phone book transfer

Sooooo.... free after rebate with all your numbers/pictures in it? or how about 69.98 plus $15 for the phonebook transfer from me because you bought it at walmart.
cellfiend

Jul 3, 2008, 11:29 AM
WTF are you talking about they are next door. Walmart does not use MIB. MIB are cons. Our company doesnt use them either and it is incredibly easy to get people to understand how bad they are. Heck, most of the time your phones are more expensive even after MIB.

Walmart also does upgrades or as you refer to them cause you obviously work for VZW NE2.
Ghosthendrikson

Jul 3, 2008, 11:54 AM
Since you obviously DON'T work for Verizon, let me clarify for you. For VZW customers a NE2 upgrade nets you a better price on a phone then a REGULAR 2 Year Renewal.

So next time instead of assuming he works for VZW AND is a jack ass. Just assume he works for VZW and therefore MIGHT know wtf he is talking about.
cellfiend

Jul 3, 2008, 12:34 PM
Im not doubting that NE2 gets you a better price. My post never stated that. My post was referring to the rest of the commentary. Obviously, comparative shopping and direct vs indirect sales comparisons are beyond you.
Ghosthendrikson

Jul 3, 2008, 1:33 PM
I used to work for a VZW Inderect, so I am well aware of the difference. There you go again assuming everyone is an idiot.

What he was saying is that Wal Mart can NOT redeem NE2 upgrades. You told him he was wrong they CAN do upgrades.

They can only do regular, they don't have the capability to redeem NE2 even if the customer is eligible.
cellfiend

Jul 3, 2008, 2:08 PM
My post was about MIB and the fact walmart has lower prices than you despite your NE2 bs.
cellfiend

Jul 3, 2008, 2:41 PM
According to Verizon customer service while NE2 can sometimes occur earlier based on payment history and all that, you would still have to wait for the upgrade date for the upgrade contract to begin from.

What this has to do with the rest of my post about your BS MIB crap and the fact you still end up paying more than certain indirects..I have no idea as you won't address 90% of my post.
Ask The Shack

Jul 2, 2008, 7:57 AM
Do you, and your customers always yell at each other during every conversation?

Loose the caps lock, chump.
nicolie

Jul 1, 2008, 10:40 AM
i also have a million reasons to be a jerk to a customer but i choose to be the bigger person and help i also have seniority in the store as well i dont get paid hourly i make a salery and 55% comission so i try hard to get return customers and to make sure that i do what i can to help
cellfiend

Jul 1, 2008, 3:28 PM
4000 a week in comission for yourself or the whole store? What company do you work for?
nicolie

Jul 1, 2008, 3:53 PM
whole store but its a 2 person store and i work for verizon
cellfiend

Jul 1, 2008, 5:28 PM
direct? how much do you average an hour after comission?
nicolie

Jul 2, 2008, 12:18 PM
in direct and idk how much i average per hour i never looked at it
cellfiend

Jul 3, 2008, 11:29 AM
So how much do you make every two weeks?
nicolie

Jul 3, 2008, 2:12 PM
i get paid weekly and i make a salery of 125 and a 55% on comish sales my check every week is between 600 and 900 befor taxes after is another story taxes eat a good portion of my checks
cellfiend

Jul 3, 2008, 2:34 PM
Oh. I was thinking by your original comments you made over 2 grand every paycheck. NM ๐Ÿ˜
VZWrara

Jul 1, 2008, 8:25 PM
i highly doubt thats possible, does direct even have anystores that only have two people... and i know indirect dont pay that good... i been in 5 states in over 30 stores... doing data work.. ive never ever seen anything like that.. ๐Ÿคจ
caca

Jul 1, 2008, 5:25 PM
fraud! ๐Ÿ˜ lol
Olhadoh

Jul 2, 2008, 1:43 AM
silly silly. That's just your bucket...my bucket is above 8,000 but i only make a mere fraction of that...
Ghosthendrikson

Jul 3, 2008, 11:59 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHahAHAHAHaa....your probably dead on. S/he is probably talking about their "buckets".

We use the "bucket" system here too. I find it kind of juvenile, because it makes me wish I was six years old on a beach filling buckets with sand.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.