Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 14 replies

hahahaha wow really?

klazziic

Jun 13, 2008, 12:26 PM
so I have this lady in the store right now, she comes in and tell me if I can charge her phone and that she is a "member of the company" meaning a customer!, lol, well I said sure I can charge your phone.....

now this is the funny part…., she then tells me " my daughter told me I was eligible for a free upgrade, can I get a free Bluetooth instead?"
😳 so I figure she didn’t know what the meaning of " upgrade" is, so I said to her, well an upgrade means that if you Renew your contract you can get any phone at the 2 year discounted price, or choose one of the free phones we offer,

And guess what!!!!!!!!!!!
She said... “Oh no I don’t want to renew my contract I just want a free Bluetooth instead of my fre...
(continues)
cc

Jun 13, 2008, 12:28 PM
You should have told her that she would have to extend her contract but you would be happy to substitute a bluetooth for a phone, just for her. 😈
lxav06

Jun 13, 2008, 6:03 PM
that is a good one. 🤣
Tmo Slave

Jun 13, 2008, 12:37 PM
Did you tell her the price of the phones and she responded with "well whats my price?" GAH!!! I hate that you are not special you are just a number to our company just like everyone else. So you get the same price as everyone else. 😡
liquidfire

Jun 14, 2008, 9:25 AM
when theyu give me that. i just look at them and repeat the price i just said.

i also love the ones, that after i give them their NE2 price they always say, "so then i get to take $100 off the right?"

no, dumbarse! that is your discounted price. i really love it when i tell them its $80 plus a $50 MIR and they want me to take $100 off the $80 🙄

yea cuz im going to GIVE you this phone plus $20. then you can mail in for another free $50

how stupid are people?
OfAMightDivine

Jun 14, 2008, 11:34 AM
liquidfire said:how stupid are people?

Very.
Sonniku

Jun 15, 2008, 4:12 PM
goto Youtube and type in "you're wrong" and watch the video. It summarizes what I would like to say to a customer when they say things like that... 😁
kapwww

Jun 15, 2008, 9:48 PM
I have seen situations at Radioshack (when I worked there...ashamed to admit I ever did, but that's another story for another day) where they had several "instant rebates" that made it so the customer would be owed money back. It was sometimes as much as $50. There were other times where the phone was free out the door and there was still a $50 MIR on it. If it was instant the manager expected us to "give" them accessories that added up to the money back price or "give" them one of the infamous Radioshack Service Plans. Being fair and honest, I would usually give the customer the option for the cash or the stuff. Many took the stuff because they didn't pay anything extra. A few took the cash. I caught heck for it from the manager but ...
(continues)
liquidfire

Jun 16, 2008, 9:06 AM
then i guess my customers use to come to your store.

i get at least 5 people a week with this conversation

me: "well you're ready for your upgrade"
c: "so i get $100 off right"
me: "well, yes..."

I hate VZW's $50/$100 off deal because I am a retailer and if you are NE2 elig, you get the same price no matter what, but...

c: "how much is that one, that one, that one...." (you get the point)
m: "its $79.99 and you get a $50 MIR"
c: "but i get $100 off. so you're gonna give me $20 now and i send in for another $50 right?"

m: "no. thats the discounted price"
c: "well then whats the real price"

🙄

you can see where this is heading.
why cant people just take things for what they are. if i tell you this is how much i...
(continues)
inked n poked.

Jun 13, 2008, 6:23 PM
havent seen you in forever.
😳
MotoV3RAZR2008

Jun 15, 2008, 7:46 PM
That woman needs to lay off the angel dust. This isn't the 1960s anymore.
arsimckhoi

Jun 16, 2008, 9:16 AM
free bluetooth = go eat a smurf stupid
BigShowJB

Jun 16, 2008, 11:32 AM
so give her the bluetooth, get a new phone for yourself, set her up on a new 2-year contract and sell the phone on ebay as out of contract, new in box
liquidfire

Jun 16, 2008, 11:50 AM
yay for scamming the system 😁

lol j/k. but as long as you just take the free phone who cares right? she would the BT she wanted, and she would have known she was signing a new contract. so just take the freebie and make sure her current phone is still active. everybody wins 🙂
BigShowJB

Jun 16, 2008, 12:16 PM
not the system, just the customer. and even better, the bluetooth most likely will not work with the phone she has now!

oh, sorry, but you need to purchase this BT adapter for it to work with your phone (at 20% over retail, because she is just that stupid.)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.