Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

A fun story

Homestar Runner

Jan 30, 2005, 2:38 AM
A customer came into my Sprint Store today and handed me his ~$150 invoice for having his car towed out of a ditch. He said that because he didn't know how to use the Roadside Rescue service Sprint offers by calling from his handset, he decided he would just make Sprint pay whatever charges the local tow company charged. I tried to keep a straight face, but lost it, as he continued to explain to me that I (Sprint) am in a contract with him and so am obligated to give him money.
AMBERH156

Jan 30, 2005, 2:23 PM
That is the most rediculous story i have heard all day! Some people are just crazy!
euro

Jan 30, 2005, 9:22 PM
Had a guy walk into my Sprint Store demanding that we remove the charges for roaming off of his invoice. His bill showed who made the roaming calls (his wife), when they were made, and for how long. Even with this evidence he insisted that I changed his bill (to trick him)and added the charges to his bill which is imposible. He said we are running a scam and that he is sueing. Huh! Been in the industry a little over 4 years now and have never made it to court. Empty threats. 🤣
HolyMoto

Jan 31, 2005, 3:21 PM
How about a guy called swearing to beat hell because his LG VX4400 HF kit did not have a passive handset like his Nokia CARK91H did. He exclaimed, "Why would you change that? How in the hell are people supposed to hear me?" I explained that we are merely the carrier and not the manufacturer. And further more how can he expect a feature on an old product from one company to show up on a new product from a different company? His response, "What do you mean you're not the Manufacturer, you sold me the damn thing?"
wally77

Jan 31, 2005, 11:57 AM
Thats one of the best stories I've heard yet.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.