Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 6 replies

what really grinds me gears....

liquidfire

Jun 9, 2008, 5:46 PM
.... is all these people that just HAVE to have a blackberry. 90% of them have no clue what all it does. Their friend has one, so therefore they HAVE to have one to be cool as well. Then they moan and complain about the $29.99 data package because, "well i'm not gonna use it for that." WHY ARE YOU GETTING IT THEN!?!?!?!

I get this all day everyday and I'm sure you do too. Maybe I should put this in the VZW forum so that i can get customers responses. Oh, wait, cant do that. That would be me being mean to our softchested custies and they would all call in to cancel and port to att because no one over there is like this 🙄

My point is, what is it about BBs that makes everyone want one so bad?? It's nothing special unless you wa...
(continues)
yeahright

Jun 10, 2008, 9:23 PM
it is desire..A couple of my friends have iphones and do not know how to do a damn thing on them but make calls..but they look cool talking on it 🙄
MotoV3RAZR2008

Jun 11, 2008, 1:17 PM
yeahright said:
it is desire..A couple of my friends have iphones and do not know how to do a damn thing on them but make calls..but they look cool talking on it 🙄

I agree. It is all pure ego. People's egos are so fragile that some of them have to run out and spend 600 on a phone just so others will think they are something special...Puh-lease!

I use a Nokia 2610, it cost me 40 bucks and I use it with pride.
motodude69

Jun 11, 2008, 7:56 AM
Cool factor of having a Blackberry is the single most reason customers purchase one. (ie. as you said; friends have one and don't want to feel left out, Blackberry make you look rich like you have a life to maintain, or just the thought of having a "blackberry" do it for some people.)

Blackberry IM, if you don't have a Blackberry, you can't secretly instant message within "the group." How many people like to feel left out??

Others could consist of signal strength. Where I reside, Blackberry's actually have the best signal strength of most, if not of all the phones we offer. You would be surprised how many customers would buy a device off of signal alone. Not to say that's what we put them in, but it helps for those on the fence ab...
(continues)
Juanbyjuan

Jun 11, 2008, 1:19 PM
But then with ATT they are really pissed because they don't have mms unless they get data and for some people they rack up a super big data overage bill and are pissed because of it. "Ummm you bought a high end data phone. What did you think you were getting?"
liquidfire

Jun 12, 2008, 9:29 AM
thats what pisses me off. they want the high end data phone, but dont want the data 🙄
devilsmafia

Jun 12, 2008, 11:38 AM
I know exactly what you mean. I work for a VZW indirect and I get the same thing everyday. Custies come and say they want to see the BB. Then after I tell and show them everything they can do including push e-mail and web browsing, they get all excited and say that they want it. Then when i tell them about the 29.99 unlimited data plan I always get "I just want it for messaging. I don't need all that other stuff."

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.