Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 12 replies

How common is it

BonesmenAllHere

Jun 8, 2008, 10:34 AM
for people in your area to have a sidekick with no sidekick data plan?

cause apparently its very common here.. and all day long I deal with custies who wonder wy certain features on ther sidekick dont work and they have the nerve t get mad when I explain that tey need the data plan for them to work..

grr... just a quick rant
liquidfire

Jun 8, 2008, 11:31 AM
just like the 10 people i get everyday that want a blackberry w/o the data plan.

without that plan, having the phone is pointless. so instead of buying a phone to be cool, buy one that you will use
M15TER P1NK

Jun 8, 2008, 2:12 PM
my favorite is when those customers come in and the interaction goes something like this...

m - How can I help you

C - My phone wont get on the internet, i dont think this phone is even an internet device theres no icon for it...

(i already know they are going to produce a blackberry)

m - hey looks like you have a blackberry... let me check your account

(i already know there isnt going to be a data plan on it)

m - looks like you dont have the blackberry data plan.

c - i dont want a data plan i just want the internet to work...

m - well with most phones and pdas you can get online without a plan, though not reccomended because casual data charges can be expensive, the blackberry wont even download the internet browser...
(continues)
liquidfire

Jun 8, 2008, 2:57 PM
vzw auto adds the $44.99 when you act a BB on the plan

but all data plans are just to screw the cust outta money 🙄
llama

Jun 8, 2008, 3:13 PM
it auto adds but I always change it.
liquidfire

Jun 8, 2008, 4:01 PM
i do too. i norm change it to the $29.99 plan
motoguy75

Jun 8, 2008, 1:33 PM
that phones are mainly for social status. too many people want the newest tech and they don't even know what the newest tech is
Tmo Slave

Jun 8, 2008, 2:12 PM
All the time around here. It use to be worse when we still sold the ID. I get people coming in wondering why they can't buy ringtones, play games, and why they loose all their info when they let the battery die. And whats even more dumb is usually they have the 14.99 unlimited messaging plan. Pay the extra $5 you cheap bastards and leave me alone. 👿
motoguy75

Jun 8, 2008, 3:11 PM
don't understand how people could browse on such small screens anyway. i have a 19 inch monitor on my home computer and when i needed to go back to a 13 inch for a few days, i hated it. so how do people enjoy browsing on a 2 inch screen?
liquidfire

Jun 8, 2008, 4:02 PM
who knows?
for me its too slow as well. i recently had to go from 5mb cable back to 1.5mb dsl and i hate it
i also think that my 19 monitors (yes i use dual 19's) need to be bigger. and thats not even for gaming, its just everyday use

i guess i'm spoiled tho 😉
motoguy75

Jun 8, 2008, 4:07 PM
i have never done a dual monitor setup, is it any good?

could you give me a quick pros/cons on doing this?

do i need another graphics card? or can i use the one i have + the original from mobo?
liquidfire

Jun 9, 2008, 9:03 AM
you can use 2 cards, 1 card and mobo card, or 1 dual output card. hell at one point i had 2 monitors and was using my tv as a third to watch movies 🙂

i started using duals in college for programming, so i was able to put code on one screen and watch the output on the other and not have to switch between windows all the time. its real nice.

you can have multiple programs open at the same time and still see all of them. i'll sometimes put a movie or internet tv show on one monitor while i do work or whatever on the other.

the only real "con" that i can think of is space. i still have old CRT monitors, so the 2 of em take up my whole desk, but with LCDs you can easily have 2 or even 3 and not worry too much about space

PM me if yo...
(continues)
motoguy75

Jun 9, 2008, 10:09 AM
not that i know of (pm's)

kewl, i have another 19" crt that i'll try hooking up, but it probly won't be till weekend. thanks for tips

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.