Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 20 replies

i would never do well in customer service

smiliey

Jun 4, 2008, 7:13 PM
i work as a sales rep for a sprint corporate store. the little customer service that i do have to do here makes me wanna shoot myself in the face.

i pose this question to all you customer service associates, how do you hold it back when some one is being a smart ass to you? or if they are abruptly rude?

C: if i get the samsung instinct can i keep my old plan.

Me: no sir im sorry, although you will be able to switch to our simply everything plan.

C: what is that?

Me: its a hundered bucks and you get everything.

C: thats retarded!

Me: ...

C: dont you think that is dumb?

M: no sir i dont.

C: what if i dont want to pay for the internet and tv and all that crap?

M: maybe the phone isnt for you

C: ...this phone ...
(continues)
maycroft

Jun 4, 2008, 8:39 PM
😕
tmobile805

Jun 5, 2008, 7:20 PM
maybe its just because im number one in sales for a tmobile dealer that owns 22 stores but i say whatever i want to customers. you can call it bad customer service from time to time but i call it keeping it real lol.
cparistheman

Jun 5, 2008, 7:23 PM
Dude that is totally irrelevant to the original post.
tmobile805

Jun 5, 2008, 7:34 PM
i pose this question to all you customer service associates, how do you hold it back when some one is being a smart ass to you? or if they are abruptly rude?
that was the question in the origional post smart guy. then i told him i didint hold back and i tell idiots like you to pay more attention b4 u talk
cparistheman

Jun 6, 2008, 8:39 AM
No my friend I did pay attention, and you were just trying to show how you are an egotistical ***hole. I doubt you really tell the customers how it is, because you wouldn't be the number one sales rep in twenty stores and secondly if you told the customers point blank how it was you would probably end up fired, now you may have told one or two how it was then thats fine everyone does but don't come on here trying to brag how Billy Bad*** you are. okay see ya later pal
HDkiosk

Jun 6, 2008, 10:36 AM
cust is right, you dont know jack.
tmobile805

Jun 6, 2008, 1:36 PM
although i am an a hole. lol i was not trying to show how tuff i was. im just saying dont let people give you b/s just because of a job. maybe its just me. but just cuz im in customer service does not give you the rite to be a jerk to me. didint know id make ya that mad big guy
SS EarlGoodman

Jun 6, 2008, 11:39 AM
that is f#$%ing brilliant! keepin it real.
poweredup

Jun 5, 2008, 2:50 PM
eh its all about the angle you put it, you were right that this phone isnt good for him if he didnt want to pay for texting or internet. we recived this phone in a few days ago that wasnt activated and i can assure you that without the everything plan they would eventually get on something that would cost them 10 times as much in overage. then they would call in wanting to cancel cause of the high bill and huge overages. bottom line, this phone is GREAT and all but without data its just a pretty phone with a bunch of features you wouldnt be able to use. it would be pointless to get. its like getting a corvette but saying you dont want to pay for the wheels, sure you'll look nice in it but it wont get you anywhere! 🤣
took

Jun 5, 2008, 5:59 PM
😁 SOOO using that one!
punchinbag

Jun 8, 2008, 2:35 AM
LOL, we get customers in our store all the time informing us they could have that same pda/smartphone/whatever with Sprint without the data and get it free.
BigShowJB

Jun 8, 2008, 1:08 PM
smiliey said:

i need to leave retail..

after reading this thread, I think youre right. you should leave retail. try selling cars if you haven't done that before...
motoguy75

Jun 8, 2008, 4:44 PM
just speak to them in a normal tone, but use the same adjectives that they use. sarcasm seems to work very well too. just never raise your voice, and always seem polite, but like i said use the same f*(king adjectives back at them and they usually stop and talk normally. at least it works for me.
smiliey

Jun 9, 2008, 12:29 PM
thats exactly what i try to do

ehh, customers are done
ki_lljoy

Jun 9, 2008, 12:32 PM
I always like to tell them that its there perogative. i always get a kick out of that and i just kill them with kindness. lol 🤣
NorCal23

Jun 8, 2008, 4:53 PM
This is AWESOME! I just told a customer today that her buying a Blackberry Curve w/o a data package is like buying a car without a steering wheel! I didn't do it in a rude or obnoxious way or anything, I was just trying to give her an analogy she could relate to. She was an awesome customer and very nice looking to boot. She ended up getting the data package w/unlimited text and Navi and insurance!
motoguy75

Jun 8, 2008, 4:55 PM
congrats.

so basically you dumbed it down to lets say a 3rd grade level and it got you your sale. i give thee 2 thumbs up!!!! 😁
llama

Jun 8, 2008, 5:01 PM
motoguy75 said:
i give thee 2 thumbs up!!!! 😁

Did you just dumb down to 1678?
NorCal23

Jun 8, 2008, 5:09 PM
😁 😁 😁 Thanks!!! 😁 😁 😁
smiliey

Jun 9, 2008, 12:32 PM
::applauds:: 🤣

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.