Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 8 replies

Why on EARTH

took

May 27, 2008, 2:18 PM
Why on EARTH would you think that a cell phone is ok to give to your toddler to drool on... its an electronic... like your laptop/digital camera/ipod, but you dont let them 🤤 drool 🤤 all over the that; Do you?!
Come on people... thats why theirs groddie green frosting in the charging port, and it wont charge anymore and is saying "Car Kit". Because the prongs on the circuit board that normally are connected to with a CARKIT are now crossed with drool!
FAIL!!!
OfAMightDivine

May 27, 2008, 4:02 PM
We sell them the phone for really cheap or free. They don't give you a large discount just to buy an laptop/digital camera/ipod.

People just assume that the phone cost at start up is what it will always be if they need another one.
took

May 27, 2008, 4:26 PM
Same with a cable box for comcast, they give you a cable box, i have still yet to see a parent allow their infant to drool on one, or be suprised when liquid fries the circuitry... So why are cell phones different?
Nikoletta

May 27, 2008, 5:10 PM
Saw a woman at my Karate Studio... She had a two year old on her lap and he had a phone jammed halfway into his mouth, just munching and drooling away on the phone. I pointed out, as gently as I could, that letting her toddler chew on her phone was going to ruin it in short order. She said that 'oh it's ok, that's his phone." So she was of the practice of giving him a non-functioning phone as a chew toy? Dear god why? What made you look at an old phone and say "that's the perfect thing to let my 2 year old baby put in his mouth!" It just teaches him that phones are ok to gnaw on and when he gets his hands on you nice new RIZR where, my dear, do you suspect that phone, which he doesn't see any differently from the one you said was ok, i...
(continues)
Arwinjadaninja

May 28, 2008, 9:52 PM
Just to be fair nikoletta my son (whom you know just turned one) has an inactive device. 😛
Nikoletta

May 29, 2008, 4:42 PM
Well but he's cute.
took

May 29, 2008, 6:06 PM
oh so cute kids can drool on cells huh? 😉 lol give yer kid a demo phone... i can imagine that even an inactive real cell isnt good to chew on.. i mean metal + drool = rust, plus more gnawing equals lockjaw and tetnis
lxav06

May 31, 2008, 5:40 PM
yeah you can give ugly kids the phone to drool on.....i see no problem. just kidding.
the other day i had a lady whith her daughter and another that see babysits(about 2 yrs or less). they were all over my store wrecking sh*t. she went to take care of them twice. to no avail.
came in to cancel because her bill was high due to her overages and not something we did.
long story short i grabbed her kids put them close to her and gave them some toys that were laying around and they stayed by her side not going every where.
just got me irrate that she doesn't know how to handle those kids.
i told her buy them some toys from the dollar store. and she say they have toys in the car.
😡
so her fees to cancel 2 lines wth her overages would...
(continues)
PhonemanJ

May 30, 2008, 11:09 AM
Just remeember this. It is like giving your dog an old shoe to play with and then getting angry because he chewed up your $200 Air Jordans. The dog (or in this case, the child) does not know the difference.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.