Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 14 replies

How to Deal With Rude Customers?

Jorin

May 26, 2008, 4:40 PM
So this is a hilarious, slightly rude, yet not outrightly offensive, possibly acceptable, tactic against a customer who is being rude and just making your job difficult (note: I've never done it).
So one of our reps here keeps a bag of chips, nuts, or other snack (preferably crunchy he says) open on his desk within easy access. And after a certain point if the customer starts making him mad... just slowly pours some into his hand, looks em in the eye, and tells em like it is... while MUNCHING AWAY!

What do you think? Any other tactics out there?
Deadeye-Jim

May 26, 2008, 5:15 PM
that's awesome! wish i could do that, but no food on the floor in this call center. can't make munchie-slurpy noises into the phone. gross. also makes the find-a-desk-if-you-can cubicles nasty as hell. nothing like opening a drawer to find a 6 month-old, half-eaten Whopper inside.
Jorin

May 26, 2008, 5:19 PM
😳 I just threw up a little in my mouth.

... Lol! Noises through the phone would be worse somehow I think. Not sure why it seems that way...
Juanbyjuan

May 26, 2008, 5:20 PM
I know a rep here that after the customer keeps yelling and starts going off, he waits till they stop talking, and just says in a nice voice again, "How can i help you." 😁
deepc185

May 26, 2008, 10:46 PM
If you're on the phone, take a chip bag and crinkle it into the mic, while intermittently hitting your mute button, so it sounds static-y and line you're breaking up. Cust will hang up. 🤣 😈
OfAMightDivine

May 26, 2008, 10:59 PM
I like my tactic best of all.

*click*
WeowWix

May 26, 2008, 11:02 PM
I give them a blank expression and continuously use the word "okay" after each sentence they say.
MizzSprint

May 26, 2008, 11:26 PM
I walk away while they're yelling or whatever. I kindly walk to the door that leads to the break room and stay there to cool off. Usually by the time I go back out they're gone. Company says if you feel that you're being disrespected or feel yourself about to respond back negatively, you don't have to deal with them. Who knows they probably changed that rule. While we have to sit there and take the heat they sit on their butts while making 6 figures.
liquidfire

May 28, 2008, 9:40 AM
i do that too somtimes. just keep saying okay so they think they are getting somewhere. then when they are finally done. i repeat whatever i originally told them that pissed them off and here we go again. 🙄
20momof3

May 27, 2008, 4:45 PM
my favorite is when they say "if you say *insert random commonly used word/phrase here* one more time, I'm going to hang up!" So I reply with the random commonly used word or phrase they DONT want me to say...
I Sell Phones

May 27, 2008, 6:03 PM
You could ask them," Would you happen to know of a good remedy to get rid of hemorrhoids? Cause mine are just killing me with my man-thong on." 😁
Jorin

May 27, 2008, 9:42 PM
🤣
d3ity

May 30, 2008, 7:49 PM
If you happen to have a barcode scanner at your disposal, try pointing it at the customer, pulling the trigger, and making noises like... zap! pow! blam! or my favorite, blllllllat!
ihateeverything

May 30, 2008, 8:06 PM
Depends on how rude they are. If they are just borderline rude and can't be thrown out, pray it's too late for them to make a return. That's the point you can just smile as their rage and hate come spewing forth from their orifices in futile agony.
Dr. Ragnarok

May 30, 2008, 11:31 PM
How about the resolve key?

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.