Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 5 replies

Trying to get into the business. Can anyone help? Rich Brome Help!

KevC84

Jan 27, 2005, 11:31 AM
Hey guys I am currently going to college and am very interested in pursuing a career in the wireless phone industry. I have always been interested in technology and I see a lot of awesome development for the future of mobile technology and I want to be a part of it. I am not talking about being a Sales Representative or Technician for a Wireless Carrier but something more in depth. Product tester, buyer anything that puts me in a hands on interaction with the technology and a job title where I can be sent to these wireless conventions like CES and check things out. The only thing is that I am not sure how to get into the business and what college degree I should pursue in order to get in on it. I am currently in a Digital Arts Technology deg...
(continues)
Rhayes76

Jan 27, 2005, 2:32 PM
ummmmm, maybe try going to the manufacture sites and apply throught them or even ask what you would need to do. 😎
nextgwireless

Jan 27, 2005, 10:31 PM
I am afraid you will need sales experience in almost all aspects of what it sounds like you are trying to do. Economics, Business Administration, Psychology among others are good majors.
KevC84

Jan 28, 2005, 2:34 PM
Yeah I was thinking about some of those majors. You really think Psychology would be a good major for this? Interesting. I am taking Psychology courses and they seem very interesting. I would have to check it out. As far as sales experience I sold Mobile Phones for one year and I have had 3 years of retail experience as a Sears consultative sales representative. I sold consumer electronics as well as home appliances. Thanks for the info.
HolyMoto

Jan 31, 2005, 3:32 PM
RF engineering will help you in the technical side. Business management/ accounting/ econ/ marketing classes will help you get into something more than sales or site tech. Mass Comm could help get you into PR. Product development is a hard one to narrow down. Be sure that you can show troubleshooting skills, proper writing and documentation skills, and have the ability to research and find necessary information.
Mobile-El

Jan 28, 2005, 9:47 AM
There is company called Market Source that hires and handles all of the Nokia field reps, college degree preferred and no experience needed. They are the folks who visit the Carrier and Dealer owned stores. Basically product training and increasing market awareness are the responsibilities. Some travel. I would look them up on line. I have a good friend who is a manager there, if you have trouble finding them, you may contact me directly. Good luck

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.