Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 11 replies

I too Have Had One of Those Customers 2Day

I Sell Phones

May 20, 2008, 6:39 PM
😕
Customer came in to see if she can get a replacement phone because hers got ran over. Nothing during the lifetime of this account shows that she even had the insurance. I call someone, that someone speaks to a supervisor which has higher authority and can get more in depth info on any given account...same result. NO INSURANCE.

Now the chick that came in here says that the rep that originally helped her offered the insurance, and they said yes that they did want it, but nothing signifies that is true.

C:Well that's f#c%ed up. I wanted insurance when I bought the original phone. I paid for it, and if it's not on there now, that your guys f#@k up. And when I come back to speak to the rep that 1st helped me, or you or both, and I pro...
(continues)
NorCal23

May 20, 2008, 9:26 PM
I always just tell the customer that I'd be happy to "go to bat for them on this issue." Then I explain that all they have to do is bring me a couple of recent bills showing that are indeed paying for handset insurance. 9 times out of 10 they DON'T have insurance and we (the store, the reps, the company) were right to begin with! Why don't people pay attention to stuff like that? I've even gone as far as to pull the original contract (if it's recent enough) and see if they did get the insurance. And what do you know? Of course not! Bwahahahah!
BLEDSOE

May 21, 2008, 11:17 AM
The only time this bites you is if they purchased independent ins from that location. There are independent dealers that offer ins outside of what the carrier offers. However the custy has to return damages handset to the store it was purchased at. And they normally only cover certain things. But since they pay at the beginning i do not thing there is a deduct.
I Sell Phones

May 21, 2008, 12:04 PM
True, there is our independant dealers that offer different insurance choices. But what the company offers is a protection plan to replace the phone that a customer currently has if accidental stuff happens, but they still have to pay a deductible 1st to get a replacement. But this chick says she had it, and wanted to keep it. Nothing in the history of this account signifies she had it in the 1st place.
BLEDSOE

May 21, 2008, 12:17 PM
I have had plenty of custys say that same thing only to bring me their original invoice that showed they purchased an insurance option from an independent dealer. Whether they might now live 3hrs away they can only get replacement there. I just always hope for upgrade... 😉
Tmo Slave

May 21, 2008, 2:16 PM
This happens all the time. When they activate they are offered insurance and most of the time they decline it. But 6 months later when they destroy their phone the are so damn sure that they got insurance on the phone.

People take no responsibility for their sh!t. Look at your damn contract when you sign up and make sure the insurance is on there. Have some sort of proof that you have it. A year and half later is too late to correct the problem regardless of whose fault it was.
caraye1

May 21, 2008, 2:17 PM
WalMart customers. Period. We are a half mile away so they get sent to us with problems.
Johanisu19

May 21, 2008, 2:34 PM
ditto I just don't get it. We have a spot on the contract that they have to sign stating that they are declining insurance and still they come in and say "no i have it". I hate that we don't keep contracts on-sight. I used to be able to just go in back find it and show them saying with a smile "see you declined and signed right here!" 😁
caraye1

May 21, 2008, 3:40 PM
Luckily I work for a small agent and we keep copies of every single item for every single customer in their own seperate files. If they try to fool me, I have proof ;)
I Sell Phones

May 21, 2008, 7:16 PM
😲 WELL I AUGHT TO BE DIPPED IN S#!T AND ROLLED IN BREAD CRUMBS!!!

This customer was actually right. I did some further digging around for the original receipt for the activation and purchase of the original phone. And she DID pay for the insurance. I don't hold myself resposible for this mishap, but I do feel bad for having told her to go F herself yesterday(didn't literally tell her that). Though I did what I can to correct this problem. I hope this will give her some kind of comfort.
vzman23

May 21, 2008, 11:47 PM
...that since she is the daughter in law of someone that used to work there she gets special privileges.
took

May 22, 2008, 6:35 PM
ok took me awhile to get this one out the door.
After 20 minutes of her trying to remember the password. Trying every childs birth year, her last four, her name, her kids names, her husbands names and favorite things;
i finally tell her i cannot access the account until you get the password. Your husband can call cust service
(whos policy is always different, one day oh they have to be at their home phone for us to verify/ next day oh they have to have their cell phone working for us to call them on it to verify but whateve, policy changes prolly trickle slowly)
Anyhow her husband calls in and has the password changed... now mind you shes been prattling off important dates or things they would have set to make it memorable because hes...
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.