Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 26 replies

Irritating

bigmike99s

May 17, 2008, 12:23 PM
Ya know what irritates me! Its people that want an expensive ass phone but want me to block internet. Why spend 300 on a htc tilt and block the internet. Then they get made cause they cant really do alot on the phone. Well you cant do anything with the phone cause ur cheap.
Its like buying a brand new 2008 car with crank windows. Its retarded. If im gonna spend 20,000 on a car them windows is gonna roll themselves down. lol.
I just get mad when people on here bitch that internet is too expensive and att should drop there prices. cmon we have the most customers obviously we are doing something right.
vindawg

May 17, 2008, 2:09 PM
Dude I am totally with you on this one, I have people come in all the time and want to get a blackberry without getting the data feature. I always tell them it is impossible to do that, so they get pissed and go somewhere else. But I dont care I have a blackberry and it would be pointless owning one without the internet and email capabilities.
bigmike99s

May 17, 2008, 2:24 PM
exactly i have a blackberry as well. I tell them look ill sell u a blackberry but without the data package you cant get ringtones, send pictures, anything on the phone except text and call. then they get mad at me. lol u just cant win
vindawg

May 17, 2008, 2:41 PM
Impossible to win with customers man. No worries I read the post about old people making peoples days, and it is 100% true because they are hilarious. I had a guy that had to be 80 come in and ask me what and email was. lol.
mellowlen62

May 17, 2008, 7:26 PM
People want a phone with a keyboard they can actually use, and calendar functionality more than 5 spaces on a line, and the ability to sync to their computer for scheduling - WITHOUT the stupid internet on a 3 inch screen. They have laptops for that. The other phones just don't cut it. That's why they want the data phones without the expensive data plans. Try to find a way to get that for your customers instead of bitching about what they want...
ihateeverything

May 17, 2008, 7:32 PM
Wow, someone who knows what theyre talking about.
liquidfire

May 19, 2008, 9:07 AM
yea. believe it or not, smart phones do more than internet and email. not everyone needs to have their email and net on their phone, and most that do probably dont NEED it, they just think they do. BB's and PDAs do so much more than a regular phone, without using the internet. I think its stupid that we HAVE to put a data plan on all BBs. I've lost a lot of sales because of that. If someone wants a pearl because they like the keyboard and the look of the phone, but dont want data, so what. They should be allowed to get the phone without data.
lxav06

Jun 6, 2008, 1:39 PM
Then i feel that carriers should make phones that follow that market set. some pda funstiions wit hout the pda. to an extent.
took

Jun 9, 2008, 2:25 PM
LOL my friends grandma asked me how i get my email?
"How do they deliver to the house faster than regular mail?" Cuz i woke up and checked my email and found out my grandpa passed the night before.
inked n poked.

May 17, 2008, 6:16 PM
you suck.
ihateeverything

May 17, 2008, 6:21 PM
You know what irritates me? You people comparing cars to phones. One costs under 400 the other 20 grand and up. Get real. If somebody likes the look of a phone with the data feature turned off wtf do you care atleast it's a sale.
inked n poked.

May 17, 2008, 6:29 PM
almost all the features on a smart phone are based off of being able to use the data feature.

i think what they were getting at is the fact they buy the phone, disable the feature, and b!tch that it doesnt do anything.

😁
ihateeverything

May 17, 2008, 6:33 PM
Nah there's a lot of features they don't need a data plan for. Such as contacts/appointments sync and the camera.

The guys mad because his corporate store doesn't sell pdas wo a data plan while an indirect not only does, but for cheaper. 😛
vindawg

May 17, 2008, 6:35 PM
But why get a blackberry/PDA if you arent going to use it to its full functionability. You could get other phones that store contacts and appointments for much cheaper.
ihateeverything

May 17, 2008, 6:37 PM
vindawg said:
But why get a blackberry/PDA if you arent going to use it to its full functionability. You could get other phones that store contacts and appointments for much cheaper.

Because they want one. Welcome to capitalism. Also, technicly they could get it cheaper than most of your phones. Like I said, it depends where they buy it. We got them for free.
vindawg

May 17, 2008, 6:38 PM
That is true everyone wants the latest and greatest, I just find it pointless to get a BB or smartphone without the data feature. Where I work you have to have the BB data feature to even send MMS.
inked n poked.

May 17, 2008, 6:53 PM
ihateeverything said:
vindawg said:

Because they want one. Welcome to capitalism. Also, technicly they could get it cheaper than most of your phones. Like I said, it depends where they buy it. We got them for free.

you spelled technically wrong.

and this is true.
people just want to look cool.
ihateeverything

May 17, 2008, 6:56 PM
I'm too angry right now to hit the check spelling button. 👿
inked n poked.

May 17, 2008, 7:13 PM
jeebers.
mellowlen62

May 17, 2008, 7:30 PM
See my reply to irritating above for the answer to this question. Guys, it's not a hard one.
inked n poked.

May 17, 2008, 6:51 PM
are you smiling?!

hehe.

well i understand where hes coming from though.
i sold a centro to a mom one time for her daughter, so she wanted the internet BLOCKED.

i did what was asked of me.

3 days later she comes back saying that he daughter isnt allowed to do anything on the phone...

i ask WHAT?

and she stated that shes not able to download ringtones or check her e-mail...

😳
::head desk::

so maybe thats what he meant when he said they were complained that they were unable to do ANYTHING on it.
ANYTHING = things that need internet access.

JUST SAYING.
ihateeverything

May 17, 2008, 6:53 PM
Internet access pay per use is charged for downloading ringtones. So, it was blocked as she asked. She should be the one doing the head-to-desk thing.
inked n poked.

May 17, 2008, 7:01 PM
i know.
OfAMightDivine

May 17, 2008, 11:27 PM
The rep should have bashed the customers head into the desk for them. Man, I would love to do that.

PAY *BAM* YOUR *BAM* BILL *BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM*
psuedononymous

May 18, 2008, 4:46 PM
it's a sale that may be charged back within a few weeks because they cannot access the features they wish to use. Also, we have data goals and if we sell out of the phone to people who only want something to text with what are we supposed to do for the people who want the whole package.
mellowlen62

May 18, 2008, 8:12 PM
Then you're not doing your job. First, I seriously doubt you'll "sell out" of these phones to people who just want to text and use a decent calendar. I have been talked out of buying one every time I wanted one...because I explained what I wanted it for, and that I didn't want the data plan, and every salesperson convinced me it would be costly and I still wouldn't be happy. Have these parents honestly tried saying NO to their spoiled children who walk around with blackberries and Qs? Ah, that's another story, isn't it???
caca

Jun 7, 2008, 4:10 PM
BB can be used heavily w/o the net but i do believe the net is prolly a main purpose to own one. You have to sell them them w/ data bcuz of a contract between BB and the carrier.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.