Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 9 replies

What Do You Do???

I Sell Phones

May 10, 2008, 11:18 AM
Now, a question for concern and interest ๐Ÿคจ . In which I think I handled the situation correctly.
What are you supposed to do when ALL services including landlines as well as cellular, except for AT&T, in the local area of which you are working happen to go down, including the provider you are working for, and some dookie-dumb adrenaline fixed douche bag happens to come to you and starts jabbing his finger at you, telling you, "You have to get this stupid f*ck!#g problem fixed now SON! I have a $10G contract on the line and I am waiting for this phone call."??? And of course you had already made the phone calls, on someone elses AT&T cell phone, to your supervisor(s) and they forwarded the problem to the corrective departments and this g...
(continues)
OfAMightDivine

May 10, 2008, 11:52 AM
Usually for those types of customers, I love pulling out the old Terms And Conditions of service and read them the part that states the carrier is not responsible for outages.
BigShowJB

May 10, 2008, 12:03 PM
VERY calmly state: "technicians have been alerted to the problems and are on the job right now trying to correct the problem."

if jackhole business boy still gets in your face and continues to be irate.

stay calm and say "sir, I can assure you that you are not the only one being inconvenienced or otherwise incapacitated by having your business disabled by the outage."

he will inevitably have interrupted you and you just let him bitch and you finish where you left off and add: "however, you are the only one in here causing a scene, wasting your time yelling at someone who cannot do any more to fix the problem than you yourself could. While you have been yelling at me, your competitor has made an adjustment and found another way to...
(continues)
BLEDSOE

May 10, 2008, 1:10 PM
Franly you are luck to only have one Jacka$$ in there making an idiot of himself. If there were even an outage on one remote road here...they all band together and come in like a lynch gang. But they all start off very nice...

C: Ma'am...I dunno if you were aware but it seems that there is an outage in my area...Neither i or the 75 other people who followed me in are able to get a signal at our homes.

M:Sir I understand you frustration...Have any of you called and reported the issue prior to coming in??

C: NO.

M: Ok sir...lets do so now...

So we report the outage.......5 seconds go by.........

C: So when we all get home we should be able to use our cell phones.

M: ๐Ÿ˜ณ ๐Ÿ˜ณ ๐Ÿ˜ณ Sir the outage has been reported and technic...
(continues)
cilvzwagent

May 10, 2008, 1:16 PM
I remember one day last fall we had a tower crap out on us in my area. I didn't catch it right when it happened, but when I suddenly had 30 ppl in my store saying they didn't get service it caught my attention (you'd think so, anyways...lol).

I had one guy come in and pitch a fit because he couldn't talk to his daughter. Went on a long rampage about how it was a matter of urgency for him to be speaking with her RIGHT NOW because her furnace went out and he was concerned she was going to have to spend the night in the cold...and he was the one talking her through what to do on her furnace.

When I reminded him that at the time the tower inconvenience occurred, it was currently 75 degrees outside, and worst case was that it was going to...
(continues)
BLEDSOE

May 10, 2008, 1:24 PM
even better when you say calmly....well do you get a signal here...you are more than weloome to make the call from here sir. ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜
Seribus

May 10, 2008, 5:01 PM
you could say "well i havent completed my space cadet training, so they wont let me go up into spce with all the space men...."

or

"ok sir the wait a moment please...ok sir i just recived a email the fix is to get some tin foil and a coat hanger, make yourself a hat, ya now wear it..."
llama

May 10, 2008, 5:09 PM
Just cry like a girl. He'll back off.
I Sell Phones

May 12, 2008, 1:24 PM
๐Ÿ˜

I thought about strippin butt naked and swingin my dong and try and hit him with it, but I might have lost my job. Or possibly kept it and embarrassed myself.

I just wish some customers would just understand that some things are just out of even the carrier's hands. But hey, I guess all customers will never be satisfied. If they're told anything else besides what THEY KNOW, and/or believe, it is wrong to them.
llama

May 12, 2008, 6:29 PM
I Sell Phones said:
I thought about strippin butt naked and swingin my dong and try and hit him with it.

That would satisfy a few.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.