Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 82 replies

Cripes! i can't stand when...

luckyman

Jan 25, 2005, 5:24 PM
man, i can't take it when Mr. Religion Guy tries to leave his goofy leaflettes on my kiosk! he tries to fake me out now; waiting for me to get with a customer before dropping a stack on the backside edge of my kiosk! i've had him tossed outta the mall twice now.

anyone who gets 'saved' reading one of his little religious horror comics is a ding-dong!

what a waste of $$$$ and paper. i must throw away 30 a month. he could use his resources much better...

πŸ‘Ώ
tequilasundae

Jan 25, 2005, 5:30 PM
'ahhh the "Chick" comics i used to get those when i waited tables...like these ass clowns assumed you were going to hell because you worked on Sunday...but if they werent there eating after church, i wouldn't be working now would i....i got one b4...had abstract drawing of servers on it..and started out "In lieu of at tip".....wanted to kill that guy...at least i'd have a reason to go to hell 😈 😈
DarkStar

Jan 27, 2005, 10:33 PM
Its very sad when people resort to calling people of religion names. They have been sent a calling to save people. Whether you believe what they say or not they deserve respect. They are only doing what they think will help. If you don't want to be helped you can politely ask them to stop. But this kind of name calling is why the world is in the shape that it is. I have to agree with Terri Clark when she says, "The world needs a drink."
tequilasundae

Jan 28, 2005, 11:52 AM
sorry darkstar , πŸ™„ these people are ass clowns...they always came in on Sundays, ran their servers ragged with refills as if they minister told them to, split every meal between everybody so the ticket was smaller making the tip smaller, and THEN left you these leaflets and comic strips saying you are going to hell just because youre there trying to earn a living!! and on top of what you suffer through waiting on them, (and sometimes only them, theyve got you too tied up to take anyone else) they give you 10% or less!!! I once got $9.00 on a 10 top with a 150.00 tab, and a pamphlet with directions to their church, with a prayer on it (for me to say), saying "forgive me lord cause i have chosen HELL!! so i thought about dropping it i...
(continues)
DarkStar

Jan 28, 2005, 12:32 PM
Tips??? you are lucky they leave you a tip anyways. you can't complain about tips because they aren't even neccessary. When I was working at a restaurant I was lucky to even get three dollars for tips.
tequilasundae

Jan 28, 2005, 12:49 PM
well you must have sucked as a server... 🀣 (just kidding ya) i wasn't complaing about tips in general i was complaining about the evil churchpeople that inhabit mid price dining establishments just to torture servers..and yes i do expect tips when i waited tables cause i worked my hiney off..
ralph_on_me

Jan 29, 2005, 1:49 PM
People who dont tip servers in America need a kick in the groin. EVERYBODY knows they only make $2.50 an hour, if that, because they're expected to make their wage off tips. Other countries aren't all like this, but ours is and people need to know that.

I also don't think I need to respect people for doing what they think is right, if what I think they're doing is wrong. Kudos to them, but faith is a free ticket to lose liability for any of your actions. "I killed my child because god told me to." "Lets torture and kill anyone who doesn't follow the Catholic church." The decades that the world was ruled by religion are termed the "Dark Ages" for a reason.

I wish we were all Vulcans...
DarkStar

Jan 29, 2005, 6:40 PM
Apparently you don't know anything about American law. Waiters make minimum wage. End of story. Yes some are paid less by the restaurant but if their tips don't equal minimum wage the restaurant pays the rest of it. Nobody deserves a kick in the groin for not leaving a tip.
You also know nothing about religion so why even pretend that you do.
You also know nothing about vulcans as well. Live long and prosper. not in your case though ralph
HolyMoto

Jan 31, 2005, 2:34 PM
Last time I checked no one was holding a gun to anyone's head to have them be a server so that is why i don't like complaints from them. Fortunatly some of the coolest people I know are servers/bartenders so I try to tip well, especially with other people's money. I did always hate it when I was working on a Sunday and someone would say, "No rest for the wicked". I was 16 years old working in a grocery store. If people don't want people to work on Sunday, then the do not enter a place of businees, watch TV, listen to the Radio, read the paper, turn on the lights, flush the toilet, or order out for dinner on Sunday. Not supporting them is the first step, which these fanatics have totally got back-asswards.
the_diversion

Mar 9, 2005, 9:20 PM
Flush a toliet thats aweosme. Props for that.

Devin
KingAndy61

Apr 4, 2005, 6:28 PM
my personal favorite is when a person is at your table at 10am on a sunday and saying this to you my response is Gee if your so perfect why aren't you in church... that generally shuts them up. or if I'm feeling real feisty, being asian i simply tell them I'm not Christian, and that they offended me... i then ask them for their name, phone, and tell them they will be hearing from my lawyer.
Reumor

May 7, 2005, 4:50 PM
AHAHAHAAHAHA... i worked in food service for two days. It was awful. And i wasnt even allowed to collect tips. If i did, i get written up. But thats McD's for you. It was awful. Anyway, there was one time when i got harassed by my co-workers because i was the only one NOT wearing a cross. I almost crapped my pants. Then they started talking about me in some language i wasnt fluent in. So i threw my tie at them and walked out. (though i did make sure to grab a couple burgers before i left ;P). OH! and i worked at Port of Subs for a couple months. I actually liked that though. The majority of customers knew that it sucked so they tipped well and left me alone... though i never did work a sunday. Though we did have a few who just co...
(continues)
ralph_on_me

Jan 31, 2005, 5:13 PM
Wow, I got a response from a troll! I'm think I'm officially a forum member now.
😁
All are paid less by the restaurant, but minimum wage is a law so yes they have to at least make that amount. People who work in the service industry should NOT make minimum wage. They're treated like crap, and people who don't tip should indeed be kicked in the groin. Preferrably, by the waiter/waitress who was stiffed.
True, I don't know much about religion but I had a 3.0 at Seminary. Ten years of my life, two of which were entirely involved in it, didn't begin to scratch the BS. πŸ™„
I don't speak Klingon, but I do know my Vulcans. 😎
doscal

Feb 1, 2005, 1:50 AM
Alot of people are treated like crap when they go to work. Yesterday some putz dropped a pink slushy type thing in my store and kept looking around like she didnt do anything. And I'll be damned if I tip for bad service which most of them offer nowadays. If I get a good one of course. I tipped the pizza man 6 pesos the other nite for delivering alot of food for a party by the time that I asked. He deserved it. Fact is they're doing their job. There's alot of other jobs that make min wage and should we tip them too? I'm in jersey where we dont have to pump our own gas...should i tip the gas attendant because he does. He's getting paid to do it. Truth be told alot of us get treated like crap at our jobs and alot of us dont get paid w...
(continues)
ralph_on_me

Feb 2, 2005, 11:24 AM
First off, I'm not arguing for tipping crappy servers. If you're not good at it, you need to improve or find a new job. I've had kids pee on the floor in my store before. I know how bad days go. Tipping for nearly any job other than waiting tables is different. Drivers make at least minimum wage plus tips. When I did it I made about $15-$20 an hour. Drivers don't share their tips with the cooks (in most places), and they usually have little to do with determining if your pizza gets there in a decent amount of time. Servers get below minimum plus tip, or they're bumped up to equal minimum if they didn't hit that. You can't live off minimum wage.

Also, most places have tipshare, so that hosts and hostesses get a portion of the ti...
(continues)
doscal

Feb 2, 2005, 10:33 PM
going back to first grade....u sound like a sissy crybaby retard πŸ˜‰
DarkStar

May 14, 2005, 2:08 PM
Can't make a living off of minimum wage? huh. You must be a liberal. Thinking that anybody who works any job no matter how ridiculous it is should be making a hundred grand a year? All right I blew that one out of proportion. But if you can't support yourself on minimum wage get a better job. Go to school. Or something. I will tip my waiter/waitress. But I can't stand when people think they are entitled to something. A waiter is not entiled to a tip, yet I will tip them.
ralph_on_me

May 14, 2005, 2:47 PM
The topic died back in February. I'll keep tipping $10-$15 and you'll keep having spit in your food.
jkrivjansky

May 14, 2005, 2:59 PM
Can I spit in your food ralph?

I have very spicy saliva....
ralph_on_me

May 14, 2005, 3:03 PM
i LOVE salsa... so yes.
doscal

Feb 1, 2005, 1:39 AM
Amen!
verizonagent45

Apr 3, 2005, 2:09 PM
wow a bitter mean christian you are 😈 not unlike most hypocritical people of religion though. your just pissed cause now you feel bad for stiffing people on tips all your life....waste a little less money on the church collection plate and give it to a server....after all it fuels our economy.....ps read a book
Bartonic

May 20, 2005, 1:14 PM
😳 Let's face it, if you don't tip a waiter you are going to hell & you belong there. If you go to a sit down restaurant you are expected to tip a waiter/waitress. If you don't want to tip then eat at home or a drive through.
greyrat

Feb 6, 2005, 6:29 AM
actually the dark ages are the term given to the period between the collapse of the roman empire and the rise of the Carolingian empire in what is now France. It is termed the dark ages because there isn't much in the way of information about this period, so it is 'dark' to us historically speaking.
wally77

Feb 6, 2005, 12:30 PM
…..which coincided with the rise of Christendom and ended with the renaissance where all the wisdom of ancient Greece and Rome were rediscovered. Wisdom suppressed by christianity for being heretical.
greyrat

Feb 6, 2005, 1:18 PM
actually, the roman empire had been christian by that time. It was barbarian incursions of non christian nations that caused the collapse of the empire.
wally77

Feb 6, 2005, 1:55 PM
...its funny then, how an empire that lasted 500 years and even longer if you count the republic, fell less than a century after adopting Christianity as its state religion.
tequilasundae

Feb 6, 2005, 3:51 PM
luckyman and I didn't intend to start a big religious debate...just we were saying we are tired of the nutjobs that give us those stupid pamphlets!!
matty_r

Feb 15, 2005, 5:13 PM
Everybody DOES NOT know that waiters make around $2.50 an hour. In the north some waiters make $7.00 an hour and tips are just an added bonus. I worked as a server in a tourist city this summer and many people were shocked to find out that we only made $2.13 an hour.
verizonagent45

Apr 3, 2005, 2:05 PM
indeed, and yes tips ARE necessary when your working below minimum wage, they should pay you based on your preformance and their demand for your services, if you dont have anough to tip 20-30 % dont order it πŸ˜•
greyrat

Feb 6, 2005, 6:26 AM
tips are required. You have a person waiting on you, they get a tip. This is part of what is wrong with the world, all these unspoken customs, these rules of etiquette have been abandoned. If you can't cough 15% for the coffee and pie, just order coffee and leave 15% for that. In fact leave 20% because you are a cheap holly roller butt monkey stiffing tips on the sabbath. 😈
PsYkE

May 7, 2005, 5:27 PM
I don't know where you waited tables but my paychecks were always void & my tips were all I had to live off of. I suppose you expected my less than $2 per hour to keep me alive? This isn't 1904
PhoenixAshes

Feb 2, 2005, 11:08 AM
DarkStar said:
Its very sad when people resort to calling people of religion names. They have been sent a calling to save people. Whether you believe what they say or not they deserve respect. They are only doing what they think will help. If you don't want to be helped you can politely ask them to stop. But this kind of name calling is why the world is in the shape that it is. I have to agree with Terri Clark when she says, "The world needs a drink."

From my experience, "asking nicely" gets you more rebuttals. Religious clowns don't care if you ask nice. They only care about getting more people in the pews for the collection plate. I had some nut jobs come to my house every other day for about two w...
(continues)
Darth_Ix

Feb 15, 2005, 1:25 PM
They deserve as much respect as they give. I have no problem with the people who respect my request to be left alone with my beliefs. Those fanatics and zelots who insist on telling me I am going to h*ll because I won't listen to them and continue to bombard me with rhetoric and propoganda deserve to be called every name in the book. I have one question for these people, "You say that Gods gift was free thought so that we could make our own choices. Why don't you respect the way I chose to exercise that gift and leave me to my beliefs, or lack there of?"
TommyBoy

Mar 12, 2005, 1:05 PM
How are certain religious followers so arrogant to think they picked the correct religion. I mean if you think about it how do we know which religion is correct. The Bible? Well other religions have a bible too. Is christianity the right one? Why? Did all the christians do research to see if they were joining something that could be considered a cult? What about catholics? Was everyone just born into their current religion? Or did they really think and choose which one may be the best for them. Out of ALL the religious choices how can a person be so ignorant and arrogant to think the one they chose was the right one?
Darth_Ix

Mar 13, 2005, 3:17 PM
Are you argreeing with me or claiming that I am ignorant? I really can't tell either you are agreeing with me and supporting my claim or you misconstrued my post and thought that I was arguing for one religion. Your post doesn't make it very clear. What were you trying to do?
TommyBoy

Mar 14, 2005, 4:52 PM
haha no no. I just meant people in general. Anyone. I just don't see how with all the possibilities and choices of different religions how can everyone be right as to when they pick their religion?
PsYkE

May 7, 2005, 5:40 PM
According to someone somewhere, we're all damned to Hell.
hishkebibble

May 7, 2005, 5:53 PM
that thread died 3 months ago...we have all moved on..
jkrivjansky

May 7, 2005, 6:04 PM
If the forums are dead and you're bored... I know *I* go rooting around to read the older stuff.

Sheesh you act like it's a mortal sin to revive an old thread.
hishkebibble

May 7, 2005, 6:40 PM
no it had just been dug up from the grace and the dialogue continued like the palst post was yesterday..psyke was a lil late to the party is all
jkrivjansky

May 7, 2005, 6:59 PM
Coagulation of fecal matter does indeed occour.
PsYkE

May 14, 2005, 5:06 PM
I was bored... I didn't go past the 2nd page.

All but one of these forums are dead. I've tried posting new posts but they get ignored. Do you have another alternative?
hishkebibble

May 14, 2005, 5:44 PM
i am that bored right now...arrggghhh
jkrivjansky

May 14, 2005, 6:01 PM
If you are so bored. Just remember. Less than 7 days from now Star Wars is out.
hishkebibble

May 14, 2005, 6:52 PM
yeah i hear itsagonnakicka da ass...i also want to see the Longest Yard.
phoneshark

Jan 28, 2005, 6:11 PM
Man you really need Jesus!!!

🀣
wally77

Jan 31, 2005, 12:28 PM
I had a clown come in and pretend to be a customer. Midway through the conversation he asked me if I knew I was going to heaven, I was like, what the hell weren’t we just talking about phones? I just pointed to the no solicitations sign and explained that I was on company time. On top of that he’s a mall walker so every morning he cruises by and gives me the evil eye. What a guy, now there’s someone to aspire to. Nothing better to do and no life. 🀣 🀣 🀣 😈
jerrydock

Feb 15, 2005, 5:34 PM
Here is a technique I use with alarming success.

nut: "Have you accepted Jesus Christ as your personal savior?"

me: "No. What do I get if I do?"

nut: "You will spend an eternity in Heaven"

me: "Are you going to Heaven?"

nut: "I have accepted Christ and I am going to Heaven."

me: "I have only known you for 30 seconds and already can't stand to be around you; I certainly would not like to do anything which would subject me to an eternity of you and people like you."

nut:...running away.

OK, so I'm a nut too; but at least I don't pester the hell out of people with my nuttiness.
Aarynk

Feb 15, 2005, 5:36 PM
jerrydock said:
Here is a technique I use with alarming success.

nut: "Have you accepted Jesus Christ as your personal savior?"

me: "No. What do I get if I do?"

nut: "You will spend an eternity in Heaven"

me: "Are you going to Heaven?"

nut: "I have accepted Christ and I am going to Heaven."

me: "I have only known you for 30 seconds and already can't stand to be around you; I certainly would not like to do anything which would subject me to an eternity of you and people like you."

nut:...running away.

OK, so I'm a nut too; but at least I don't pester the hell out of people with my nuttiness.

😳 🀣 🀣 🀣 🀣 🀣
doscal

Jan 31, 2005, 1:01 PM
Well, they all think they're going to heaven and we're not right? Just tell em "Braggers don't go to heaven." Most of the time they get pissed and leave. Always worked for me πŸ‘Ώ 😈
tequilasundae

Jan 31, 2005, 1:56 PM
yeah!! (clapping ramdomly) TESTIFY!!
such thing like these people have made me an atheist..
shadedpain4

Jan 31, 2005, 2:04 PM
tequilasundae said:
yeah!! (clapping ramdomly) TESTIFY!!
such thing like these people have made me an atheist..

That comment mystifies me
tequilasundae

Jan 31, 2005, 2:10 PM
which comment?? i have been to church and have decided i don't need to go anymore is all...i worship one thing on Sundays and that is the NFL!! 😁
shadedpain4

Jan 31, 2005, 2:38 PM
tequilasundae said:
which comment?? i have been to church and have decided i don't need to go anymore is all...i worship one thing on Sundays and that is the NFL!! 😁

The actions of people effecting belief or non-belief in God. I guess i just dont see the connection. I can understand the actions of people causing distaste with a particular organized religion, but the general belief in God?
tequilasundae

Jan 31, 2005, 2:49 PM
my beliefs are my own...
ihave seen many stupid things done in the name of God, allah (especially allah) etc...its like Richard Jeni said ...holy wars are countries and people fighting over who has the better imaginary friend..my personal belief is that if there was a GOD there wouldn't be all kinds of interpretation of his teachings..there would be one religion for all...
shadedpain4

Jan 31, 2005, 3:21 PM
tequilasundae said:
my beliefs are my own...
ihave seen many stupid things done in the name of God, allah (especially allah) etc...its like Richard Jeni said ...holy wars are countries and people fighting over who has the better imaginary friend..my personal belief is that if there was a GOD there wouldn't be all kinds of interpretation of his teachings..there would be one religion for all...

Interesting. I would think that line of thinking would lead you more towards deism or agnosticism. Would be a good conversation over a drink i imagine πŸ™‚
tequilasundae

Jan 31, 2005, 4:15 PM
what is deism...i am familiar with agnosticism...
most of my family attends some kind of church, but my brothers and i don't...
shadedpain4

Jan 31, 2005, 4:28 PM
Deism believes that there is or was some sort of God, who set things in motion, but is either no longer in existance, or has no interaction with his creation.
DarkStar

Jan 31, 2005, 4:52 PM
You honestly think G-d would program us to love him? That would be false love aka rape. We have free will.
shadedpain4

Jan 31, 2005, 4:55 PM
Um, he didnt come close to saying that. He said he believed there would one religion. He didnt say anything about everyone following it, or anyone being forced to follow it.
tequilasundae

Jan 31, 2005, 4:55 PM
i never said he would "program" anyone..just that if he had a tangible existence, that everyone could see and hear him, hell if he held a weekly press conference..then maybe there would be one organized religion...
everman

May 13, 2005, 1:17 PM
That really doesnt make any sense if you stop to think about it.
Bush holds a press conference every so often and noone can agree with each other about him, and hes just a man.
I think God knows what would happen if he had a press conference.
People wouldnt like his ideas, so they would crucify him. Again?

Whatever you choose to believe, somebody has got to be wrong. The religions in question are too opposed to each other in doctrine for all to be right.
We dont even agree with each other on what phones are better, much less which God.
Maybe there should be a Godscoop where you can compare deities.
God vs Allah vs Buddha vs Shiva .
Who has better features, and which God works best outside the U.S.
What technology do...
(continues)
tequilasundae

May 13, 2005, 1:25 PM
wow ..just wow πŸ™„
doscal

Feb 1, 2005, 1:35 AM
There's so many different versions of the story because it's not first hand. I havent seen one religious book that didnt have contradictions in itself. We all remember that game we played in pre-k where one kid would say something and we all whisper it in the next kids ear to see if it's actually the same in the end. Same thing. Just like a rumor in highschool. Does anyone really wanna believe a rumor? It's not coming from the "horses mouth" so to speak so why should any religious belief or book be looked at like it was. Religion has been for a long time about brainwashing. In Allah's case. Allah is GOD to Muslims. Only difference is they believe Jesus was a prophet. All the silly things done "in the name of Allah" were soley due ...
(continues)
burntorange

Mar 13, 2005, 3:52 PM
Or ... elders in tribes and villages in early history tried to explain the unexplainable through storys of good verses evil.. and those same passed along storys begat different versions.. even books. hmm.
themike314

Mar 14, 2005, 8:48 PM
At the mall I used to work at, we had people who would come in and leave those things everywhere: benches, pay phones, kiosks, bathrooms, etc.

I would follow them around, pick up everything they put down and dispose of the rubbish.

I can't stand that BS.
MurdocThC

May 13, 2005, 10:28 PM
im still trying to figure out what "cripes" means.
themike314

May 15, 2005, 2:01 PM
It's actually pretty ironic in this instance. 'Cripes' is a replacement for 'Christ' - as in "Christ's sake" or "For Christ's sake!" My grandfather used to say "For cripes sakes!" all the time.

A lot of people (read: Christians) will say that this is blasphemy of some sort, but it isn't. They'll say it's in direct violation of one of the 10 commandments, but it isn't.

The earliest known copy reads, "Thou shalt not swear a false oath in the name of the Lord." (So for all of those people who take their marriage vows in a Church, they are violating this commandment if they get divorced.)

It has nothing to do with, "Thou shalt not use the Lord's name in vain." (So sayings like, "God damn it." or "Jesus Christ!" or "For Christ's sak...
(continues)
jerrydock

May 16, 2005, 1:35 PM
Yeah don't you just love people who have been married and get remarried in the church and make the same promises to the same God...Do they "get it'?

If there is a God wouldn't he/she be pissed at liars standing in their house telling the same lie again?
themarchhare

May 16, 2005, 6:55 PM
Thats why you go to reno or vegas to get married in a chapel your already in sin city and your not in the "house of god" telling lies. Besides alot of weddings in those chappels never even mention the word "god" 😈
Doozer

May 17, 2005, 3:09 PM
tell em your a Jehovah's whiteness, they will scare anyone away.
themike314

May 18, 2005, 2:18 PM
Doozer said:
tell em your a Jehovah's whiteness, they will scare anyone away.

WHITEness? What is that?
Doozer

May 18, 2005, 2:41 PM
Yo themike314,

yea yea, thanks for the spell check. You know what i meant. what a tool i am. i guess the south is corrupting me. you gotta give me some points for Jehovah's though.
themike314

May 18, 2005, 2:44 PM
You can Google up an essay called 'The Other People' by Oberon Zell. It outlines exactly what to do when they come to your door.
Doozer

May 18, 2005, 2:58 PM
When I wan in college I used to invite them in, then leave them in the house alone with my roommates. Then i would go hide their bikes in the woods, it was hilarious. However "the other people approach" would be mighty entertaining as well.
themike314

May 18, 2005, 3:12 PM
I don't think I've seen a Jehovah's Witness on a bike. Mormons are all over the place on their bikes, though.
Doozer

May 18, 2005, 3:21 PM
Wait, are they the ones the cruise around town in black and white with matching messanger bags. If those are mormons then i take back what i said earlier, they must have been mormons. Jehovah's Witness , moromons, whats the difference?
themike314

May 18, 2005, 4:01 PM
Mormon guys usually wear white shirts and black ties. Mormon women remind me of the Amish. What you described sounds like Mormons.

Differences between the two? The Witnesses believe only 144,000 people total will go to heaven. They don't celebrate anything (holidays, birthdays - NOTHING). They're big into proselytizing, especially on Saturdays.

Mormonism was founded by (can't remember his name - someone jump in here). Something about finding ancient plates/discs that only he could read/interpret. It's really weird. They baptise and/or marry dead people. They believe that if you go to the highest level of heaven, you will become a god of your own planet. The South Park episode about Mormons was pretty good. There is a structu...
(continues)
phipsi95

May 19, 2005, 1:04 PM
We would get them all of the time in college. Finally we made our pledges have group discussion with them, take notes, and provide written and verbal reports on what they learned. Stupid - yes. Juvenile - yes. But most of all - entertaining.
Doozer

May 19, 2005, 1:30 PM
Dude I hear ya,that is great i wish i would have thought of that, however that would have been entertaining for them as well as us and as i am sure you know, the objective is to make the pledges life as miserable as possible. What fraternity and what school?
my best friend Jack

Dec 22, 2006, 5:05 PM
i though i would bump this back to the top

sorry ladies and gents, i had to, i couldn't resist 😁
ondisplay

Dec 22, 2006, 5:38 PM
🀣

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.