Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 43 replies

to those of you in KIOSKS>>>

tequilasundae

Jan 25, 2005, 4:06 PM
i am trying to get some ideas for comforts for the kioskers out there..such as food and things, especially those of us in malls who get hit in the walled by the foodcourts or lack thereof//

do we all eat in the foodcourt , do we bring ...if so what do ya bring, cause i am running out of ideas..i was also wondering if any of you have a portable food cooler of warmer??
luckyman

Jan 25, 2005, 4:23 PM
a small cooler is a must have!
make friends with a store nearby that has a fridge and a micro.
save your cup if yer a water or tea drinker, i do refills for about a week. most of the food stores will play along for that long.

i get pretty creative with bringing stuff from home. buy tupperware. make stuff for dinner that can be eaten cold the next day, ex. meatloaf, spagetti, pasta salad, etc.

make yer own subs. my subs kick subways in the rump, and they run me less $$$ too.
tequilasundae

Jan 25, 2005, 4:25 PM
pasta salad!!! good one...i made some subs the other day but if i get transferred here i gotta have my orange chicken...and no WAY am i eating meatloaf..
justpeachy

Jan 26, 2005, 2:41 PM
There's a sub place right outside the mall that delivers- whenever i get sick of the food court I order a nice sub with a pickle. 😁
pepsigirl

Jan 25, 2005, 4:24 PM
Well Tequila, I know that the food court offers the same things all of the time. Though I am not in a mall, I have worked at the mall before. When I am at my kiosk (located in a Wal-Mart) I am not allowed to eat here. Sometimes how ever I need just a little something to get me through until break so I generally pick up some Jerkey (either Teriyaki or Hot and Sweet) There is just enough to curve my growling stomach, not to mention it's not full of MSG or a overage of grease...
luckyman

Jan 25, 2005, 4:29 PM
also, buy the big bag o chips, and keep a bag at yer kiosk. good for snack time.

no meatloaf!? commie! 😁

anykind of salad is good. if you like veggies, as i do, just get a crapload and throw them together with some dressing of choice.

pasta salad
tuna salad
chicky salad
ham salad

never reheat chicken. godawful nasty.
hope this helps! 😁
pepsigirl

Jan 25, 2005, 4:32 PM
OHH,OOOH! What is really good is taking your Tuna salad and adding pineapple to it. It comes out with a Hawaiian theme. So even if your working you can pretend that your sipping a maitai instead of a pop!!! 😁
tequilasundae

Jan 25, 2005, 4:33 PM
the whole reason i wrote this thing was if someone had found a hot meal solution without spending $$$ everyday...i saw a food warmer that works on 12v, but i don't know how "warm" it gets anything...anyone have one these??
pepsigirl

Jan 25, 2005, 4:48 PM
nope sorry. Cup of noodles is always cheap though and you can stock up on a few of those for a couple of bucks and borrow hot water from your foodcourt.
tequilasundae

Jan 25, 2005, 4:30 PM
yeah...we have a ginormous food ct, but its all expensive and fattening for the most part...regular chains in it like mickey d's and Subway jack up their prices in there too///
pepsigirl

Jan 25, 2005, 4:30 PM
You can also buy the little treats in the TO GO cups like pretzels, cookies, m&ms, etc. those are nice to have around because you can put a lid on them...Just don't set them to close to your computer they have a tendancy of melting đŸ¤Ŗ
luckyman

Jan 25, 2005, 4:54 PM
have heard of a guy who bought a small micro; kept it in his car, used car ac/dc adapter to heat up his stuff.

pizza trick: most pie huts will give you a lrg 1 toppr for $5 if ya get 5 or more. round up a bunch of mallites to go in on it, usually runs about $3 for a half o'pie with your own topper.
sometimes, you can work it to where u eat free!
tequilasundae

Jan 25, 2005, 5:00 PM
ya know that's not a bad idea...i am trying to avoid the same fate as some of our coworkers, especially thsoe that have been in the company a long time..they tend to have the body of a god...(Bhudda)
luckyman

Jan 25, 2005, 5:11 PM
yes, if i sit at the pool to long, people tend to leave offerings in front of me... 🙂

buy a crockpot. u'd be amazed at all the crock pot reciepes(sp?) online, and lot of them are damn tasty. plus, it takes care of 3-4 days of work food, if ya don't mind the same grub a few times in a row. i had Irish Stew today.

tomato
sausage
broc/cali
potato
corn
season to tastiness
pretty good! 😁
pepsigirl

Jan 25, 2005, 5:45 PM
Just make sure that after your goodies are done that you immediately stick them in the fridge. Things that sit in the crock pot for too long will either burn or spoil...just from personal experience. 🙄
lanicusmaximus

Jan 25, 2005, 6:19 PM
I read that you're going to be working in a Walmart and I know how hard lunch is as far as that goes because I've had to work in Walmarts before but now I work in a K-Mart. You can't eat at the kiosk so you have to go somewhere else. I just say do it grade school style and make a sandwich and put some hot soup in a thermos. They have temperature regulating lunch boxes but as far as everything else goes I don't know. Having a crock-pot at work is a bit too much for Walmarts.
pepsigirl

Jan 25, 2005, 6:24 PM
Nice input, but I think the whole crock pot thing had to do with making your meals at home to save on lunch money at work. I don't think these guys were actually talking about plugging a crock pot in at the kiosk.
luckyman

Jan 25, 2005, 6:26 PM
nail on head, pepsi! 😁
lanicusmaximus

Jan 25, 2005, 6:38 PM
either way, it would go cold by the time she got it to work. 😕
tequilasundae

Jan 25, 2005, 7:00 PM
they do make tiny crock pots...hmmm ...intrigued...but giant pain in the ass!! hmmmm đŸ˜ŗ
lanicusmaximus

Jan 25, 2005, 7:08 PM
the smells from the crockpot would probably leak out and fill the aisle ways with the rich smells of food. although yummy, not something that everyone would appreciate. either way, can't even keep them at the walmart kiosks...too restricted of a space to keep anything besides a bag. ☚ī¸
pepsigirl

Jan 25, 2005, 7:27 PM
You can fit a bag in your kiosk? I'm SOOOOO jealous!
lanicusmaximus

Jan 25, 2005, 8:22 PM
oh the luxuries of being able to hold items of worth in our kiosk. I only wish that someday all kiosk's can do the same...or something. 😕
luckyman

Jan 25, 2005, 7:08 PM
yeah, just make the grub at home. my vote is still to make friends with an in-line mall store. i got a toy store to the left, and a jewelery store to my right, and they both chill and nuke my stuff. this is wrong, but find a matronly employee at a store, and play 'stupid not well fed man'. they eat it up. you may even get some homemade cake or potato salad. 😈
lanicusmaximus

Jan 25, 2005, 7:18 PM
that is manipulative...but so is the life of a sales person. I work at a K-Mart that carries Little Cesars pizza so I just eat that everyday. $5 for a large one-topping pizza! And when I get sick of pizza, they have hot dogs and bread sticks and all sorts of other yummies. Other than that, I just make a sandwich at home or I don't eat at all.
pepsigirl

Jan 25, 2005, 7:29 PM
Oh My GOSH! I have so fed your type! Boy did I get duped!! That's alright though because I enjoy the whole motherly thing. 🙂
luckyman

Jan 25, 2005, 7:33 PM
tee hee! 😛 and the oscar goes to.......lucky!

i'd like to thank my mom & dad, my dog joeboy, and the nice ladies at the Nowheresville Mall. would've gone hungry without you, i luv ya!
pepsigirl

Jan 25, 2005, 7:37 PM
đŸ¤Ŗ đŸ¤Ŗ jerk đŸ¤Ŗ đŸ¤Ŗ
luckyman

Jan 25, 2005, 7:45 PM
well, in my own defense, i get my 'lunchladies' lil trinket gifts at xmas. gotta protect my assets. 😁 😛 😈
pepsigirl

Jan 25, 2005, 8:23 PM
What a sweet guy. No wonder why they take such good care of you. Girls are such suckers for sweet stuff like that! 🤭
luckyman

Jan 25, 2005, 8:45 PM
muahahahahaaaa! all a part of my evil plan! nite all! 😈
Aarynk

Jan 27, 2005, 6:20 PM
I used to work at a kiosk and I must have gained almost 10 pounds just from eating at the mall all the time. It was hard not to because I knew a girl at the pretzel place by my kiosk so I got free stuff 😉
Grantizzle

Jan 27, 2005, 7:16 PM
also because you are lazy?
Aarynk

Jan 27, 2005, 7:17 PM
Grantizzle said:
also because you are lazy?

Possibly 😛
Grantizzle

Jan 27, 2005, 7:18 PM
that's what i thought.
Aarynk

Jan 27, 2005, 7:19 PM
You have been in the Temecula mall so you know the only thing to do there is watch the 30-40 year old moms that dress like their slutty 13 year old daughters or eat.
Grantizzle

Jan 27, 2005, 7:30 PM
those moms are hot.
tequilasundae

Jan 25, 2005, 7:47 PM
i could fit a small (and i meant one about a QT) crock pot...then i would make CHILI!!! wanna talk about smells in the kiosk.... 😕
luckyman

Jan 25, 2005, 7:53 PM
don't forget about the AFTER CHILI SMELL! đŸ¤Ŗ
tequilasundae

Jan 25, 2005, 8:02 PM
um yeah i was!! đŸ˜ŗ đŸ¤Ŗ
manoabugo

Jan 25, 2005, 8:07 PM
it would cover up the smell coming from the chinese place here
pepsigirl

Jan 25, 2005, 8:24 PM
I don't think anything can cover up that smell!! 😕
manoabugo

Jan 25, 2005, 8:30 PM
thats why i microwave some popcorn, it last for a few minutes
wally77

Jan 31, 2005, 2:31 PM
It gets really warm under our cabinet because of the computer, it makes for a good food warmer though. Take a bowl of pasta stir it occasionally, its almost as good as a microwave. 😁

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.