Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 19 replies

Sprint contracts and lying customers...

ninjanewton

May 4, 2008, 6:08 PM
So I was just catching up on some exciting reading, namely the PCS Terms and Conditions, and it states: We can, without notice, suspend or terminate any service at any time for providing false information.

So my question is, if I catch the customer lying to me, shouldn't I just be able to cancel their account??
labellavita

May 4, 2008, 6:16 PM
That would be a sure fire way to get yourself fired. Sprint doesnt care what the cust does, just as long as they pay their bills
ninjanewton

May 4, 2008, 6:22 PM
I know, I just wish I had just epic power...

I'm sorry sir, I'm showing that you have indeed made repeated calls to directory assistance.

No I didn't!

Well, since you're lying to me, I'm forced to cancel your account. Thank you and have a nice day.
labellavita

May 4, 2008, 6:29 PM
I love it when they tell you they didnt purchase ringtones then they must forget they lied to you so they ask you to look at some problem in their phone and so you go to the ringtones and low and behold...there are the ones they were disputing the charges for. People are retarded. I wish I could cancel peoples accounts, Sprint would have nobody left 😉
Juanbyjuan

May 6, 2008, 6:37 PM
"Sir, are you sure your not on the phone with the issue?" .... "No" "well sure i can see that your on it right now with my caller I.D. So i am going to cancel your account, you now have a 200 ETF."
Squirrel Mob

May 4, 2008, 6:29 PM
I might have mentioned this before in here, but a team manager in our center was suspended after she suspended a customer's service for calling in repeatedly and making derogatory remarks to everyone he spoke with.
labellavita

May 4, 2008, 6:35 PM
isnt that crazy? Customers can say/do whatever they want and the companies will do nothing. This lady came in the other day and apparently was having a really bad day because when my coworker(and best friend of 13 years) said it would be 200 to get her phone turned back on this lady started calling her a f*cking b!tch and a c*nt. Like screaming c*nt over and over again. I mean...really????? And then her way of apologizing was saying that her best friend had hung herself and she hopes my coworker sees her best friend(me) with a rope around her neck in the kitchen. Wow....that was unnecessary... 😡 I totally understand how distraught she must of been, but maybe dont come into your local cell phone store right after you saw your friend ...
(continues)
angelc3

May 4, 2008, 6:42 PM
actually there's a clause in the contract that says we are able to suspend a line if they use racial slurrs or are repeated offenders in using foul language..your sup shouldn't have been reprimanded
Squirrel Mob

May 4, 2008, 6:50 PM
I agree. The manager actually pulled up the Terms and Conditions and pointed that out to our Ops Manager. Basically she was told that even though Sprint has that option, it wasn't her call as a manager to make. It was supposed to be escalated higher.
angelc3

May 4, 2008, 7:31 PM
ummm no actually you CAN do that if the cust has cursed at the sup and at several reps...let me guess you work for acs?
golem22

May 5, 2008, 4:28 PM
That is total BS, that sup should have escalated the matter.
BigShowJB

May 5, 2008, 5:00 PM
that sup shouldn't have to escalate the matter. If someone comes in to my store and starts berating me or one of my coworkers, i'm calling in for suspension, right after I call security and have the person removed fro mthe premises
ninjanewton

May 5, 2008, 5:05 PM
Did you know...

You can call in and get the phone suspended as lost/stolen without verifying the password?

I didn't know that until today. Next time someone makes me angry, I'm just going to call in and get their line suspended.
danbright

May 5, 2008, 6:43 PM
lol i wrok for acs. do you?
OfAMightDivine

May 4, 2008, 11:14 PM
"isnt that crazy? Customers can say/do whatever they want and the companies will do nothing."

That's not really true. Sorry to beat a dead horse, but in my experience, T-Mobile does not put up with extreme childish behavior from customers, like other carriers do.

2 instances I can think of.

The first one I dealt with, an older man cussing up and down at several reps, because he never returned an exchanged phone, so got nailed with a full retail cost charge. Didn't bother to dispute it until over a year had passed. Called in swearing up a storm, it was bad. All we had to do was send off an e-mail to their abuse team at the time, and less than an hour later, their Legal staff went into his account, canceled his service, and banne...
(continues)
Nikoletta

May 6, 2008, 3:51 PM
We get that occasionally around here, where we go to set up new service and find that the customer has an account that was suspended like that. A lot of times they loose it and start swearing and yelling as soon as they don't get their way and we are allowed to hang up on them right then and there. It's refreshing to know that they will get penalized for being jerks.

I love the fact that I sit two desks from the edge of the supervisor-call area and get to listen to them a lot. They are told to accept no nonsense and I hear them telling people to keep it professional or we're hanging up on you a lot.
took

May 6, 2008, 4:44 PM
Intriging... c*nt
Cant
Understand
Normal
Thinking...
Yeah that customer fits the profile, but what made her think she should announce her status to the world?
rainbow_metals

May 5, 2008, 12:55 PM
who was that and when did it happen
liquidfire

May 5, 2008, 9:05 AM
see this is the problem with sprint. they are so hard-up for customers right now that they dont care what they do. They dont care about their employees, they would rather have the childish, moronic cust who pays their $39.99 every 3 months and complains about overages and credits all the time. no wonder sprint employees dont give a rats arse. if the company cant stand behind its employees, why should the employees stand behin the company?

wise up Mr. Hesse and underlings. You're not going to fix cust service until you fix employee relations. treat them like crap and they will pass it on to your precious custies (the few that remain that is).
spidey7232

May 12, 2008, 1:31 PM
Im new here but been using this site for over 2 yrs this is a good question i will give it to my QA and Manager and see what they say 😁

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.