Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 18 replies

Accounts so secure, not ever account holders can access...

fb3media

May 3, 2008, 1:06 PM
i just wanna state that it really bothers me when an account holder swears up and down and curses you out casue they never set up a security "pin", but as soon as you ask the security "question" their like,"oh my favorite hobby is blowing goats"...jack@sses... 👿 👿 👿
cc

May 3, 2008, 1:32 PM
Agreed. Its like taxes really. Everyone wants more security, but no one wants the pain of passwords (or the apparently difficult task of remembering them).
I do like it when they start rambling off all their information to me though "well the last four of my social is..." I said password people. I always just say "I am not willing to loss my job to let you into an account you can't verify" That makes them really angry, but come on people, do I ask you (a perfect stranger) to break the law? No.
ninjanewton

May 3, 2008, 1:45 PM
cc said:
I do like it when they start rambling off all their information to me though "well the last four of my social is..."

Yeah, true that. And they just keep going...

"The middle name of my sister's stepdaughter is..."
OfAMightDivine

May 3, 2008, 1:45 PM
But it's MY account! I pay the bills on it! You have to let me access it!
fb3media

May 3, 2008, 1:48 PM
and we will let you access it after you verify the pin OR the security question...thanks....by the way...i love the mute button....
somuchforplanb

May 3, 2008, 1:50 PM
my favorite is when they claim they used a different question before. "Last time they asked me for my mothers maiden name and that's Philips so that will work." I just want to be like uhmm maybe last time with a different company with really bad security but it sure wasn't this company cause that's a stupid question any one would know.
ninjanewton

May 3, 2008, 1:51 PM
But I never setup no PIN number, and I never even WENT to elementary school!
downphoenix

May 3, 2008, 10:13 PM
I think that should be a requirement to own a cell phone 🤣
labellavita

May 4, 2008, 6:18 PM
fb3media said:
i just wanna state that it really bothers me when an account holder swears up and down and curses you out casue they never set up a security "pin", but as soon as you ask the security "question" their like,"oh my favorite hobby is blowing goats"...jack@sses... 👿 👿 👿

blowing goats? AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA so you must work in washington state, right?
ninjanewton

May 4, 2008, 6:49 PM
Actually he works in Florida, but it's also a favourite hobby here.
angelc3

May 4, 2008, 6:47 PM
yeah i've had like every other cust state that..." I told you i don't have no damn password woman" ok sir what's your favorite passtime "shopping" 🙄
ninjanewton

May 4, 2008, 6:50 PM
I had someone say their favourite hobby was learning.

Wft?
angelc3

May 4, 2008, 7:30 PM
omg if i had a cust like that i'd be like oh so you're favorite passtime is learning...here's something for you to learn YOUR PIN!!!!
liquidfire

May 5, 2008, 9:13 AM
i love the ones who dont remember the password, so i tell them its up to 5 char, letter/numbers and they tell me something like "ohh, its turtles!" 🙄
did i not just say UP TO 5 LONG?!
took

May 5, 2008, 1:20 PM
HAHAHA same thing here.. They swear they never set up a password i interrupt them and say -"Its up to 5 numbers or letters and you had to set it up if you authorized someone to make changes or upgrades to your account"- "Oh try jenni" and walah!

What i hate is when parents send in their kids to do an upgrade or figure something out with their bill with no information.. and i always get that "Oh well is my parents martha and john gigliamo"-"Sir i cant access your account without a Cell # and last four and if applicable a password and in order to discuss the account with you i would need a password."
When you have the speech ready like that i think it irritates them.

As an indirect we have tons of people do that to us and literally i ...
(continues)
BLEDSOE

May 5, 2008, 2:03 PM
It is even better when they drop their 13 year old off to upgrade her phone...all she know is her number and her parents name...no last 4 no password...and well hmmm lets think...SHE CANNOT SIGN A CONTRACT!! She is 13!! And then when they get back from running "errands" (doing the pool boy) they are simply shocked that little erica does not have her new phone yet. They sent her in here with $300. Of course i would have sold her one outright but...hhmm...most of our outright phones are more than that with tax. To which they reply...well i would not have sent her in here if we didn't want her to get a new phone. And of course this is not even the parent that the account is listed under..So now we have to call her father who is probably with t...
(continues)
Donna FireHammer

May 5, 2008, 10:28 PM
some serious kudos to you, fb3media! the answer to that security question just had me in a full out 3 minute laugh.

That will forever be the answer to all my customer's security question....in my head
took

May 6, 2008, 4:52 PM
HEHE we dont even get a secret question/answer/hint/reminder... But honestly if they found out reps were pulling up their info and account at their liesure they would flip, but they want you to be able to at their convenience.

LOL hobby... my manager always says "Its ganna happen where you have a customer in front of you and your ganna look up and all the sudden "Snaggle tooth" will pop in your head and you will want to laugh, but you cant" Now every ugly that comes in i have to turn my head to compose myself so i dont laugh in their face... if i had a hint, i think i would always think "blowing goats" in that same way.
spidey7232

May 12, 2008, 1:34 PM
That is so true i work in a call center and no one has a clue and most the time they dont know the ? now they make us do call backs to see if the morons have found out what the pin is so we can resolve their "issue"

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.