Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 25 replies

Time for a new job...

PhoneyName

May 2, 2008, 6:32 PM
I was walking by one of the tv's in my store, and I noticed a commercial where a customer was dialing on a cell phone.
All the tv showed was the keypad of the phone, and only for a few seconds.
And I knew it was an LG vx8350.
I've been working with phones for WAY too long.

🤣
sckoisks17

May 2, 2008, 6:53 PM
I love when that happens. It makes me feel like I'm actually knowledgable. 😛
vreaper

May 5, 2008, 2:39 PM
dude, when u turn on the news to watch the election coverage or whatever, and the only intelligable thing you can say to yerself is "oh wow, that person has a u740, nice" u know its bad
ihateeverything

May 6, 2008, 7:18 PM
Hillary Clinton was using the VX8700 in an SUV the other day. I didn't pay attention to the rest of the news but I'm sure it was full of intriguing politically correct racial and sexual remarks.
gozvzw

May 2, 2008, 6:54 PM
How about if it is a 6100, or 4400. Yeah, time to get out...
Nikoletta

May 2, 2008, 10:32 PM
Other terrible moments...

Watching CSI:NY the phone that one of the characters was using (that belonged to a waitress) was a Nokia 3220 (and I said "Hey! That's a 3220!" while watching the episode.)

Watching CSI:Vegas Girssom was talking on a phone that I recognized as the Motorola V70.

I look at complete strangers and try to guess what phone they have as they walk by.

It's really sad.
adidasguy

May 2, 2008, 11:24 PM
how about The Bourne Supremecy. All the cool CIA spy people were using Motorola Razors and the head honcho guy had a Rizr.
Dread_99

May 2, 2008, 11:25 PM
Or watching 24 and noticing the Nextel and Sprint phones.
liquidfire

May 3, 2008, 9:15 AM
or watching tv, recognizing hte phone, and then remembering what episode it was on and which character was using it days, weeks, months later 🤤
took

May 5, 2008, 12:49 PM
HAHAHA i do that, not quite as good as some, but i enjoy trying...
BLEDSOE

May 3, 2008, 10:24 AM
I personally love when there is a 100 million dollar movie with superspys...and they are using Nokia Bar phones..woohoo...or phones that have not been sold in YEARS.

Way to get the free phone buddy.

You look supercool sporting a phone with no camera or anything. hehe. But as long as it calls other good guys...well that is all that matters.
thiscurveismine

May 3, 2008, 1:47 PM
I have noticed lately that most cbs shows (ie the CSI's Miami, NY and Las Vegas) have the characters switching between blackberry curves and iPhones almost everyother week. its the small things in life that really matter, right!
BLEDSOE

May 3, 2008, 3:54 PM
oh yeah....the small stuff. Like driving a humvee that needs a gas pump attached to it to drive...The important stuff. Hehe.

But at least they have role appropriate phones. I mean geez. There were more farmers around here with iphones or bb than there were "stars" on tv.

😛
lxav06

Jun 5, 2008, 3:33 PM
I have noticed, maybe from old seasons but they all have nextel!
well the victims have sprint some times or very rare vz.
Or that they use the same phone on two different characters.
I remember the episode with xibit(?) and they took a female witness's phone and it was a sanyo, carried only by sprint, scp 8100.
DarkStar

May 3, 2008, 2:35 PM
Is that the best you guys got? I have been working at radioshack for almost 5 years now. I see people walking down the street in front of my store and I look at my employees and yell out, "Thats an LG VX8300" Or I am at the movie theater and a few rows down someone is texting on their phone and I turn to the person next to me and say thats an LG Cu400. Or in class I stand up in front of everybody and start naming off all of their phones.

It has gotten so bad that I can from across the room look at a battery a customer is holding up and yell out which battery it is. I can even feel the battery in my hands and tell which one it is.

Or even when a customer needs a charger for their phone and one of my employees is helping the customer...
(continues)
somuchforplanb

May 3, 2008, 2:37 PM
I'm not sure if you just proved you know phones or that you're a giant d-bag. If some one ever stood up in class and starting naming off every ones phones I would throw a book at them.
BLEDSOE

May 3, 2008, 4:00 PM
Glad u know everything...So why r u in school again??

I myself would be pissed if they called me at home and asked what charger a phone took...I am off...look it up yourself!At least try... Or more pointedly....r u going to 50/50 the commission on that?? Cause if i am going to do ur job then...i am going to get the $$.
thiscurveismine

May 4, 2008, 3:40 PM
Last night, few drinks, sitting in the bar at Applebee's, guy walking by talking on his phone, I just say, "that guy has at&t, its a motorola v365".
PhoneyName

May 5, 2008, 10:26 AM
I went to see Iron Man this weekend (great movie!). Stark has an LG vx9400, which I can't sell for crap in my store. I'm considering calling it the "Iron Man Phone" to see if it helps get them out the door. Rhodes was packing an LG vx8600. VZW and LG both made bank on that movie, and I apparently need a life. 🙄
Juanbyjuan

May 6, 2008, 6:47 PM
wow... i would call it the iron man phone. Matrix did it. So it should work. Just take them all and put iron man backgrounds lol
sms_Queen

May 5, 2008, 4:18 PM
oh my god! I feel SOOO much better now that I know i'm not the only one who does this! my boyfriend looks at me like i'm crazy and/or someone to be pitied when I do this in public...usually i'll just lean close and tell him or when we're in the movie theater, he'll see me shift around so i can see the phone the guy below me is texting on, and he'll tell me to stop looking at people's phones, in very quiet, embarrassed kinda way...lol! or we'll be out in the mall or something and i'll just be staring at people when they walk by trying to see their phones, and i'll miss the weirded out looks i get from them, and he'll have to tell me that people are noticing...hehehe! i'm gonna show him (and my other close friends, too) this thread so they kno...
(continues)
VictorZuluWhiskey

May 7, 2008, 9:03 PM
🙂 😛 😁 thank god i thought i was the only one who had this disease
VZWrara

May 19, 2008, 1:20 PM
ya you know its bad when your flipping thru the channels just to see what chad is up to or stop to watch the VZW commercial. *sigh*
eljeffe666

May 19, 2008, 1:36 PM
between ppl holding their phones up and cameras(i used to sell cameras at ccity) i could point out make and model of most of them

then i realized how much of a dork that make me 😢
nothing4free

May 19, 2008, 4:23 PM
i work at a movie theater as my second job and i can't even begin to tell you how many times i've gone to see a movie and leaned over to the person i came with just to tell them what phone and company that particular character is using or if a customer comes up to my line to buy tickets or concessions i comment on the fact they are using at&t and then proceed to ask them how they like their phone or if they aren't with at&t i start making sales pitches...with that being said you also wouldn't believe how many of my friends and coworkers, at&t users or not, ask me about cell phones and if i can get them a good deal...i just get to the point where i'm like...i fricking hate cell phones...*sigh*
lxav06

Jun 5, 2008, 4:22 PM
i wonder what other people do that in other professions?
like an auto mechanic, you can hear what is wrong with the car and say it out loud.
like "oh, he needs new cv axles soon." Or "that is a lifter the is out"
I have meet some people that wear their brake pads to nothing, and still don't take it in for replacement.
My sister asked me what kind of car is in the movie, epecially old school cars, like the "Blade" car, she says i know everything.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.