Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 9 replies

Can you charge my phone?

euro

Jan 24, 2005, 2:13 PM
Oh Hell No! This guy was waiting for me to open this morning for about 45min knocking on my window. He came into my store and asked if he could leave his phone with me for a few hours so I could charge it. I offered to sell him one and he freaked out on me. He said that because he has been a Sprint customer for 10 years, he should'nt have to pay for a new charger. The nerve of some people! 👿
speedywalk

Jan 24, 2005, 5:50 PM
The world is full of morons wanting something for nothing. I bought a car from Volkswagen and I don't expect them to provide me with gas just becasue I bought a new car from them (I did think it was bad that I DID run out of gas on the way to the station 4 miles away though...grrr). But it's that "I'm the customer and you guys are always screwing me anyway" mentality at work.

Speedywalk
"It ain't broke, it just needs duct tape!"
froggirl

Jan 24, 2005, 6:20 PM
I work in a mall and get requests to charge phones all the time. "Will you charge my phone while I shop?" And people don't quite understand that if I don't have the brand of phone, I won't have a charger for it. 🙄
ralph_on_me

Jan 24, 2005, 6:59 PM
Ha ha, we get that a lot too. Just print up yourself a little liability release waiver for them to sign when they ask you that, and I bet you they'll change their mind. If they still decide to leave it there, well... that's their loss.
Grantizzle

Jan 27, 2005, 5:28 PM
ralph_on_me said:
Ha ha, we get that a lot too. Just print up yourself a little liability release waiver for them to sign when they ask you that, and I bet you they'll change their mind. If they still decide to leave it there, well... that's their loss.

that's a good call. tell tham that they are more than welcome to leave it with you, but you can't guarentee that it'll be there when they get back. then sell the phone on e-bay. it is a foolproof plan.
Mobile-El

Jan 28, 2005, 9:51 AM
That must be a pain in a kiosk. I am in a upscale downtown area. If it is a customer of ours, I will usually do it. We get this request no more than 3-5 times a week. If the person is new to the store, and does not want to buy a charger, I charge them $5 and tell them, if they buy an accessory within a week, we will give them credit towards it. The money goes to the lunch fund.
orbitalpulse

Jan 27, 2005, 11:17 AM
I don't work in a mall like some of you... I get a request to do this every so often though at my storefront. I have no problem doing this because our agent believes in customer service highly. They think it will get around through word of mouth - so this is why they want us to be more positive and nice.

I will say I hate how they operate like this, but we do get alot of compliments and people always saying they love going to us and not the corp. store, they then cringe when we simply CAN'T fix a technical problem and have to send them to Corp. Still, it works both ways and some people flip out and ask are you not Verizon?! Why can't every Verizon do this every Verizon should be able to! The lady on the phone said that you guys could, ju...
(continues)
Grantizzle

Jan 28, 2005, 5:29 PM
orbitalpulse said:
I don't work in a mall like some of you... I get a request to do this every so often though at my storefront. I have no problem doing this because our agent believes in customer service highly. They think it will get around through word of mouth - so this is why they want us to be more positive and nice.

I will say I hate how they operate like this, but we do get alot of compliments and people always saying they love going to us and not the corp. store, they then cringe when we simply CAN'T fix a technical problem and have to send them to Corp. Still, it works both ways and some people flip out and ask are you not Verizon?! Why can't every Verizon do this every Verizon should be able to! The lady on
(continues)
timslo

Jan 29, 2005, 1:23 PM
Ditto to everything
euro

Jan 31, 2005, 7:02 PM
A guy just drove up in a brand new Mercedes. Came in asking us to charge his phone. Again, as allways I offered to sell him a car cgarger. He said "The lyta don werk". Offered a travel charger. He said "I aint got no funds". I said "how ya pay'n fo yo whip"? He gave me a dirty look and stormed out of the store. 🤣

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.