Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

WHY OH WHY???

speedywalk

Jan 24, 2005, 1:22 PM
Why is it that whenever a customer comes in with a phone that has been water damaged that AFTER you have played with it and noticed it seems to be in working order again the customer THEN tells you that it fell in a toilet? Call me crazy, but if I were to have that happen, I would tell the person before they handle the phone...or I would have alcohol washed it first! *gets sick*

Speedywalk
"It ain't broke, it just needs duct tape!"
Rathrok

Jan 24, 2005, 2:23 PM
I get a good ammount of those too. But I have a better one for you, and this has only happened to me once.

A nurse came in and said it was her patients phone and it isn't working, of course it has been wet. I tell her this, then she proceeds to tell me "well, she is stuck in bed and cannot go outside, so this could not happen". 🙄 I tell her there is no way around it, the phone has been wet. Then she tells me "well, she is incontinent"(sp?I know I butchered that word). then she laughs and says, "you're touching it now!". 😳 i hand it back to her and tell her to buy a new phone, meanwhile I head to the back and use half a bottle of Purrell. I hate people sometimes.... 😡
amumey

Jan 26, 2005, 1:51 AM
Speaking of water damage...(true story) A customer receives her bill a month after doing a handset exchange. She sees a $70.00 charge for Out of Warranty repairs. So, of course she calls customer care to find out why. We do all of our research and find out the handset was out of warranty for water damage. It was a Motorola phone and according to the Liquid Damage Indicator, sure enough, OOW! She is positive it was white (red means water damage, white means none) when we went through the troubleshooting with her prior to the exchange. Suddenly, a lightbulb comes on! "Oh my gosh!" she exclaims. "My ex-husband had to have done this to me. He worked for T-Mobile and knows exactly how your system works". Ha ha ha ha!!! Come to find out, her ex-hu...
(continues)
luckyman

Jan 26, 2005, 10:45 AM
one more reason to stay single!
Grantizzle

Jan 27, 2005, 4:58 PM
whenever i get a phone that has been waterdamaged, they tell me that it has been i the water, i drop the phone and say "excuseme, i have to go wash my hands. thanks for the heads up on the pee-phone." since i don't work for a corporate store, i can be an asshole to customers. iut is awesome.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.