Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 11 replies

which color do you see?

ajstrong

Apr 23, 2008, 2:07 PM
customer walked in, wanted some new phones. I'm Big Red. EVERYTHING IN THE STORE IS RED. NO ORANGE ANYWHERE.

he asks if this is Cingular/AT&T.

no....

well, can you tell me where that store is?

👿

O, I wish I wasn't so honest sometimes. I asked if I could help him get phones with Big Red; he looked offended, repeated his request for the AT&T store, then looked relieved that he only missed it by a few blocks. 👿 bastard. I used to think that people who posted about this were a tad strange, but now that it's happened to me enough times, especially when the entire company's SLOW, it pisses me off that someone can't tell colors.
Katiadp

Apr 23, 2008, 2:15 PM
hahahaha.. thats funny.. i hate when customers do that.. they come into my store, and they ask me if its t-mobile or at&t?? or they come into the store because their phone is defective and they want one of our technicians to troubleshoot the phone and I realize their phone is from another carrier and they dont even have service with us. Get the hell out my store!!! heheh no I wouldn't really say that.
poweredup

Apr 23, 2008, 2:49 PM
thats when you bring the phone to the back, come out with a brand new different phone then ask them to sign some paperwork for insurance purposes. 😈

*disclaimer: i do not condone or practice this sort of behavior. do so at your own risk 😛
liquidfire

Apr 23, 2008, 3:11 PM
sad thing is that you could do that to most customers and they wouldnt even realize what was happening until well after they got their first new bill
cilvzwagent

Apr 24, 2008, 3:16 PM
But, on the other hand of that...generally by the time the customer gets their first bill, it's after the 30 day guarantee has passed 😈
Katiadp

Apr 23, 2008, 3:27 PM
hahaha,, that 😁 s a good one.
smiliey

Apr 23, 2008, 5:17 PM
thats awesome
dualitycomplex

Apr 23, 2008, 8:59 PM
hah, i had a custie come into my store with an AT&T phone i also work for red, and asked if his phone had blue tooth, i said i didnt know since it was an att phone but would check for him ( hell cant sell him a phone but i can sell him a blue tooth ) and he looks at me all confused.

What do you mean this is an att phone, i have verizon for my cell phone, i showed him the logo on the front of his phone and all he can say is

"i wonder if thats why my last bill was really high and i havent seen any since" i asked how long ago that was he said about 6 months ago i nearly 😳 and all that came out of my mouth was
"well you bought a phone from att......" i didnt know whether i should laugh or feel bad for the old guy after he left my s...
(continues)
cconnectderek

Apr 23, 2008, 3:19 PM
well, some people have red/orange color blindness like me, but that doesn't mean I can't read a sign outside saying what retailer that is. The Amish here seem to think we're always nextel for some reason.
thiscurveismine

Apr 23, 2008, 9:07 PM
No joke, customer just looked up our store's phone number in the phone book, called I answered, it went something like this:

me: "thank you for calling at&t, this is _______ how can I help you?"

guy: you guys sell phone and service for quest, right?

me: no sir we are strictly at&t

guy: can you help me with my quest internet?

me: i'm sorry sir, I dont know anything about quest internet, you would have to contact quest, I am sure there is a customer service number on your billing statement.

guy: that is where I got this number, why wont you help me?

me: sir, I am sorry but I cannot help you with your QUEST internet problems I sell cell phones for at&t.

guy: what? I dont understand what you are saying. the webpage wont ...
(continues)
sammish

Apr 23, 2008, 9:26 PM
it's kind of the same thing as those obnoxious 11 year olds that come up and say something to the effect of "Oh. my. gawd. my daddy is totally buying me the blackberry pearl when he gets back from his very important business trip to Europe. They are sooooooooooooo cute!! omygaw!" HELLO!! you're 11! what the eff do you need unlimited data for?

but, I digress. the point of that is that even misdirected - and underage - customers can be possible accessory sales eh?

it's irritating as all get out, but what can ya do? our kiosk has the problem of receiving at least three misdirected calls a day that intended to reach the corporate store in town...same street, different block. not only can people not tell colors, they apparently can't r...
(continues)
ajstrong

Apr 24, 2008, 2:32 PM
eh, a simple uneducated guess might've walked their fingers to your phone number as opposed to the other one; the parking of the car, walking into the store, acting as if I was the one who didn't have a brain, just b/c he can't tell the diff between the carrier he's had for AT LEAST two years and mine, is sad.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.