Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

question about refurbs

foxiangel5

Apr 22, 2008, 8:49 PM
i need to get a new phone in a couple days for my 2 yrs contract...i found the cu 515 in plum on the att website. its $90 then a $50 mir new....or $10 total for a refurb. i know its not a huge differnece but i never remember to send in the rebates and $10 is quick and easy....plus ill have the upgrade fee.....is a refurb all that bad? and what does it mean exactly? is it a busted phone that they fixed?
poweredup

Apr 22, 2008, 8:58 PM
same internal hardware, brand new case. all hardware is used but tested so if its already a year old and you get it, its more likely a chance to go out on you earlier than if you would have purchased a new one.
attwork

Apr 22, 2008, 9:05 PM
Refurbs are used phones that have had prev problems that have been fixed by the manufacturer. They should look like new and work like new, but they will not be new...

Also they only have a 90 day warranty on them.

Personally I would go with a new phone rather than refurbished....if you go with the refurb, at least get insurance.
foxiangel5

Apr 22, 2008, 9:16 PM
oh great you can get insurance?? i didnt think you could. if thats the case ill get the refurb...
firecollector

Apr 26, 2008, 7:01 PM
refurbs can also be phones that have never been used or even activated.They may have been returned unopened,but can't be resold as new.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.