Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 18 replies

The unlimited plan from everyone

pronexs

Apr 22, 2008, 4:49 PM
I keep hearing that this is a plan that will expire or that it will change prices soon. Does anyone know if this is true for there provider? I know for at&t I have never heard that the plan will go away... but I know for Sprint I hear it may... does anyone know?
Blumpelstiltskin

Apr 22, 2008, 4:51 PM
when they go out of business.
pronexs

Apr 22, 2008, 4:52 PM
I don't think Sprint will ever go out of business. I don't work for them.... but I know they are doing good with this plan.
Dread_99

Apr 22, 2008, 5:10 PM
So they tell us at work that the Simply everthing plans are expiring on 5/31/08 (I have also seen this in the flyer and on the first commercial). At the same time they say the upcoming Samsung Instinct is going to require a simply everything plan but that phones not expected out until June....
BigShowJB

Apr 25, 2008, 10:05 AM
which should indicate to you that there is a continuation of the plan coming soon
beeferjay

Apr 22, 2008, 5:40 PM
😁
Blumpelstiltskin

Apr 22, 2008, 5:42 PM
W1th t3h 1nt3rn3ts?
beeferjay

Apr 22, 2008, 5:52 PM
i dunno what youre talking about
Blumpelstiltskin

Apr 22, 2008, 5:57 PM
Young and sweet, only 17
oregonsprintrep

Apr 22, 2008, 6:09 PM
Sprint is ending the unlimited plan yea...it was a promotion. those who signed up within the promotional period will get to keep it and the rate indefinitly. But after the promotion is up, and im not sure when (somtime this summer), it will not be offered with the same pricing. 🙂
SprintSBA

Apr 23, 2008, 11:38 AM
The Simply Everything Plan is not going anywhere. In case you haven't noticed, all of Sprints pricing has an expiration date....phones, accessories, plans....just because the flyer says it expires on 5/31/08 does not mean that it is going away....Sprint is going to see how the competition responds to our plan and then make a decision....Sprint would not have closed all stores for two hours to explain a plan that only lasts for 4 months....think people.... 🙄
custservguru

Apr 23, 2008, 12:40 PM
I work at a call center, and I have not heard of the plan expiring. I have heard that the new samsung will require the plan, but doesnt make sense. The price is better than what is offered by the other competitors because we actually include the web with the navigation. The other companies do not. Also, when adding more lines to the plan, they don't have to pay the full price of $99.99. Each line that is added on up to 5, recieves an additional $5 discount. Ex: line 1-$99.99, line 2- $94.99, line 3- $89.99. etc. Sprint would be stupid to lose these plans, or charge more for them.
Christine Evans

Apr 24, 2008, 8:50 AM
I work for Sprint, and I didn't hear anything about the plan expiring or anything like that.
oregonsprintrep

Apr 24, 2008, 1:22 PM
It was a promotional plan to begin with. It was going to last for a certain amount of time and then be changed or not depending on customer response. So all the rumors you hear cant be confirmed either way because "Sprint" is waiting to analyze the progress so far until after the promotional period is over. Which is 5/31/08...after that they may change the price and or included features or not.
Christine Evans

Apr 25, 2008, 9:47 AM
Fair enough I think.
cilvzwagent

Apr 24, 2008, 3:29 PM
I guess it concerns me that Sprint had to close all stores for 2 hours to explain that this new plan was unlimited EVERYTHING.

We got a flyer for VZ's plan, and it pretty much said what it was.......Unlimited. Didn't take 2 hours of anything to understand that much...
Nikoletta

Apr 24, 2008, 9:42 PM
Yeah, they sent us an e-mail that said pretty much the same thing "Unlimited voice and messaging. 99.99 per month. Family plan with two lines, 199.98 per month. Yay!"

The thing that gets me... what's the point of a family plan when each line is 99.99. Family plans are usually shared minutes and set up to economize a bit so you can have a larger group without paying an arm and a leg. They also never bothered to train us so some reps assumed that the 3rd line was 9.99 like a family plan usually is and told some customers that... boy were they mad when they found out it wasn't the case.

They are sort of treating it like it MIGHT go away eventually here but aren't calling it a promotional plan (our no-contract accounts can't have it......
(continues)
monkeyracer

Apr 24, 2008, 4:17 PM
Anyone remember the Fair and Flexible plans, back when the brackets were 2.50 for 25 minutes? Those were supposed to "Expire" after a few months. Ended up that sprint kept them around for more than 2 years. It was a shame to see them go, but it was a limited time promotional plan.

The Simply everything plans are also a promotional plan, but will be extended, just like everything else sprint puts an expiration on. If you go check your upgrade eligibility (sprintrebates.com) it says that the program expires next week (April 30, 200😎 but look at a current rebate form and those rebates are good till the end of may (May 31st, 200😎 It's said that it will expire since the rebate program changed from 24 months to 18 months and then again when ...
(continues)
Christine Evans

Apr 25, 2008, 9:52 AM
The Simply Everything Plan, I think is required only if the consumer would want to maximize the use of Instinct. I mean, go unlimited and utilize everything the phone has to offer. But I agree with monkeyracer, Sprint won't force a specific plan to customers who wants the phone.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.