Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 5 replies

I hate it when...

drinalu

Apr 21, 2008, 8:19 PM
I work in warranty for High End phns (PDA's) and it just kills me when customer's have really high end phns that cost about $500 but then when it comes to syncing their phone...THEY DON'T HAVE A COMPUTER! 😳 are you serious? How can that be? Get a fricken a computer! It's 2008! sheesh.
GWaLK

Apr 21, 2008, 8:21 PM
cause their spending 500$ on a PDA. Have you not quite realised how out of wack ppl's priorities are nowadays?
drinalu

Apr 21, 2008, 8:31 PM
I know! But it just irks me because they throw a fit becuase we need to do a master reset on the phn and they are going to lose allll of their information. 'It's my life! It's my baby! I need this phone!' Then get a fricken computer to back your information onto so you'll never be with out it! DUH!
deepc185

Apr 21, 2008, 9:10 PM
What's even worse is when they DO have a computer, but still don't synch the phone! Then they call bc they went to a service center and the tech did a hard reset, or their phone crapped out on them and they lost all of their info and ask how to get it back. You tell them to just re-synch the device to their computer, and they're like... 😳 😳 😳
drinalu

Apr 21, 2008, 9:15 PM
oh yea. I've had that too! I feel bad, but seriously? Youre the idiot for not using the phn for what it's intended! 🙄 Oh man!
Nikoletta

Apr 22, 2008, 6:30 PM
That is the wonderful thing about the sidekick.

I learned this after I bought one.

It doesn't sync with your computer, it syncs with OURS... which is to say T-Mobile's computer. Your user interface is your online account, you log into it from ANY computer (so the chuckleheads who needed a $500 phone but don't have a computer can go to the library.) If your phone crashes or needs a hard reset it automatically reloads from the server.

The Sidekick has it's issues but that's one of the things it does well.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.