Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

Mid-cycle plan changes, and minutes

DrZoom

Apr 21, 2008, 10:21 AM
So this is one of my least favorite kind of calls:

cust: how many minutes i use?
me: sorry, but due to a recent plan change, I'm unable to view your usage.
cust: but you chargin' me for it.
me: i can see that there are some overage charges for the minutes adding up on the account.
cust: so how you can't tell me how many i used but you can charge me.
me: erm..uh...erm...

I work for sprint, and I've talked to some friends who work for Att, and they have the same thing. Is this something that happens at other companies? What is it that makes it so darn hard for a computer to add up the minutes, pro-rate the plan, and display the results to me? I've had 3 of these calls in 2 hours and i just needed to vent.
llama

Apr 21, 2008, 10:22 AM
That was a very fine vent.
OfAMightDivine

Apr 21, 2008, 11:30 AM
Your guy's systems for those companies must suck badly. With Big Red, it may not display the prorations until the bill prints, but we can at least see the minutes of use for the whole month even with a plan change.
MauiBuilt

Apr 21, 2008, 3:29 PM
Yes apparently it is a simple fix... Quit your job and go work for Big Red. It's definitely not hard at all, dude.
Dread_99

Apr 21, 2008, 4:26 PM
You could check the unbilled calls from the date the plan changed then filter out the off peak, m2m, ect.. Thats a pain in the a$$ though..

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.