Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 7 replies

stoopid

cconnectderek

Apr 19, 2008, 8:31 AM
I am an indirect store manager of verizon. So I go to work and notice someone has been sitting in the parking lot since I got here. once I open, he comes in and says he's with _______ company. His phone is broken and he is looking to do an upgrade.
I say, "OK since we don't have you on file here, I am going to need the last 4 of your tax ID, and will need the whole thing here in a minute to make any changes to your account."
He says " Oh, my boss called in last night and said you could just do it real quick"
I say "She didn't call into our store and I would need the tax ID anyways to even look at your account."
He says "My boss gave me the password. Is that good enough?"
I say "Well, we'll need that but i still need the tax ID...
(continues)
OfAMightDivine

Apr 19, 2008, 11:53 AM
I love how customers always seem to think repeating the same thing over and over again will change the rules. As if after the 15th time of saying something, you're supposed to go "Oh, wait! I forgot! We can do anything you ever need without proper information, or validating who you are! Silly me! Come right on in, and be sure to help yourself to a free phone with no contract for the inconvenience."
hereticcavi

Apr 19, 2008, 11:58 AM
agreed!
groundhog_day

Apr 19, 2008, 12:09 PM
what a ***wad. Jesus why do local small biz employees think it only takes like 2 mins to make major account changes? I hate it when the convo starts with "My boss told me to come down here and get a new phone." They never know anything about the account. It pisses me off

REgardless most customers think we are only out to scam them and 'steal' their money. So why the *** would we 'lie' about not being able to see the account. Obviously we want to sell them something!!
ecast7969

Apr 19, 2008, 12:49 PM
yea he was being a total dick of a customer maybe u wont see this idiot again
cconnectderek

Apr 19, 2008, 2:11 PM
He already came back in a few times, just to bitch about things. I've had about 3 customers just like him today, expecting me just to look up their account with their name and phone number, not knowing their password or SSN.....such a fun saturday.
disgruntledtech

Apr 19, 2008, 9:40 PM
Had an old guy in the store yesterday, I didn't deal with him though, he would not verify his information for his own account with us. "I've never had to give that out before!" is what he kept telling my friend when he kept asking to verify the account. Good thing that the problem he was having was solved by the ol battery pull trick otherwise he would have to give up the very secretive last four of his ssn and we can't have that can we now?

A lady called in today and I did this one, she said she just got out of the hospital and she wanted to upgrade. She had a Motorola c343 and has been eligible for over two years to upgrade. She wanted to send in her brother to do it for her. Sorry, no go her brother isn't on the account. When I t...
(continues)
aavera

Apr 20, 2008, 4:48 PM
you ask for the tax ID and they say "Why do you always ask for that?! It's so inconvenient"

And I want to reply with, well if you know that we ALWAYS ask for it, then why in the name of all that is good in this world wouldn't you have learned to bring it with you by now?!?!

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.