Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 30 replies

I have a question for the class...

StarryNight

Apr 17, 2008, 11:53 AM
What are your thoughts on dating a customer?

I suppose I should give you some background...Customer came into my store a week ago and activated with me. Had a TON of issues with porting in his number, and over the course of the last week he's spent 8-10 hours in my store while I've been on the phone and such working his issue, so we've had plenty of time to chat. Similar interests, yadda yadda yadda...

Well, since I had to text him updates to his situation, we started chatting, and he's invited me out for a drink on Saturday. The question is, do I accept? This situation has never really happened with me, and I'm not quite sure how to approach it...any thoughts guys? Your help would be greatly appreciated! 😁
sho0g

Apr 17, 2008, 11:54 AM
sure go for!! i dated a trucker i met one time on the phone not even in person!!!! lol just be waery if he all he wants is your discounts 😈
StarryNight

Apr 17, 2008, 11:58 AM
🤣 Well if it's my discounts he's after, then he's out of luck. My Advantage Club is already full! 🤣

I'm just mostly worried about the potential uncomfortableness factor if it doesn't go well, you know?

Oh, and I suck and being a flirt...I'm completely oblivious, so this whole thing has kinda blindsided me!
Foamy

Apr 17, 2008, 12:00 PM
Look at it like this, worst case scenario: You lose 1 customer.

It's worth a shot.
techknowitall

Apr 17, 2008, 12:00 PM
how old r u?
StarryNight

Apr 17, 2008, 12:03 PM
24... old enough that I should be able to figure this out on my own! 🤣

But thanks for the input, guys! 😁
techknowitall

Apr 17, 2008, 11:59 AM
Are you a grown woman? do you have any rules at the store about dating custies? you can't look for someone you just *bump* into them so I say you grown you do what you want when you want !!!!! simple
StarryNight

Apr 17, 2008, 12:03 PM
Yeah, there's nothing really barring it from me, per say, but I'm worried about it making my job uncomfortable. I'm mostly wondering if anyone else has had good/bad experiences with the whole thing...

And, like I said before, I'm a crappy flirt. I feel like I revert to 15 years old any time a guy looks my way 🤣 🤣 🤣
techknowitall

Apr 17, 2008, 12:06 PM
ok I'm a guy so If I may be rude for a sec.... put on your training bra and go at it... Doesn't matter bout somebody else what matters is what you want. If you have the feels for him then by all means plz go ahead I have no idea bout the issue but what I do know is that when I stop lookn I found her ( she found me ) so in that beinmg said GO FOR IT BABY 😈
tick

Apr 17, 2008, 12:04 PM
techknowitall said:
Are you a grown woman? do you have any rules at the store about dating custies? you can't look for someone you just *bump* into them so I say you grown you do what you want when you want !!!!! simple

Yeah! ...and besides he's the one who asked you out for a drink. Make your customer(s) come first. That's one of the things Sprint takes pride in, making customer come first! 😉
StarryNight

Apr 17, 2008, 12:10 PM
Yeah, I'm sure that's exactly what Sprint had in mind... 🤣

Hell, maybe it'll get around that I date the clientelle and I'll start getting more sales 😎

Totally kidding, BTW.
tick

Apr 17, 2008, 12:12 PM
StarryNight said:
Yeah, I'm sure that's exactly what Sprint had in mind... 🤣

Hell, maybe it'll get around that I date the clientelle and I'll start getting more sales 😎

Totally kidding, BTW.

🤣
techknowitall

Apr 17, 2008, 12:12 PM
I hope that I help you in your issue
techknowitall

Apr 17, 2008, 12:07 PM
I know you a nazi and all so I'm sorry for the typing
StarryNight

Apr 17, 2008, 12:09 PM
🤣 It's fine, it definitely doesn't bother me all that much, and I've come to terms with the fact that if I ever want to do anything online, I'll just have to get used to it! Besides, we work in the industry of txtspk, rite? 🤣
techknowitall

Apr 17, 2008, 12:11 PM
😁
tick

Apr 17, 2008, 12:20 PM
StarryNight said:
🤣 It's fine, it definitely doesn't bother me all that much, and I've come to terms with the fact that if I ever want to do anything online, I'll just have to get used to it! Besides, we work in the industry of txtspk, rite? 🤣

I'd say to some extent it's OK. But if someone is trying to be serious with me using slang, with a bunch of glaring grammatical errors... I wouldn't take that person seriously and would probably lose my respect for them. I'm not exceptionally good at writing and speaking, but at least I try!

You can tell if someone put effort into something they wrote or presented, and that's what counts.

There's a button on Phone Scoop called "Check S...
(continues)
techknowitall

Apr 17, 2008, 12:49 PM
I'm sorry if my spelling offends anybody so here to everybody I'M SORRY 🤭
tick

Apr 17, 2008, 12:56 PM
techknowitall said:

Don't worry about it. You at least come off sounding mature on serious threads. :c)
StarryNight

Apr 17, 2008, 12:57 PM
tick said:
techknowitall said:

Don't worry about it. You at least come off sounding mature on serious threads. :c)

What, my thread isn't serious now? You wanna go, PUNK?

🤣 Wouldn't it be weird if I was like that? 🤣
techknowitall

Apr 17, 2008, 1:27 PM
😁 you are so silly 😁 someone tell me hows the weather where you are her sunny for once it's sunny 😳
groundhog_day

Apr 17, 2008, 12:20 PM
Sure go for it! Just beware. If you start seeing each other and the guy's phone breaks or goes haywire he'll want you to fix it and you will be like "I'm sorry but you didnt buy insurance and there is nothing i can do". And he will be like "aww wtf you b%tch, I had sex with you and you can't even fix my phone!"

Idk had something happen to me like that and it got annoying how pissed she got, when I couldn't give her a FREE brand new phone 2 months later. WOW imagine that right??

btw I was not saying that you are or ever were a b%tch. I am sure you are a very nice professional woman.
tick

Apr 17, 2008, 12:22 PM
groundhog_day said:
Sure go for it! Just beware. If you start seeing each other and the guy's phone breaks or goes haywire he'll want you to fix it and you will be like "I'm sorry but you didnt buy insurance and there is nothing i can do". And he will be like "aww wtf you b%tch, I had sex with you and you can't even fix my phone!"

Idk had something happen to me like that and it got annoying how pissed she got, when I couldn't give her a FREE brand new phone 2 months later. WOW imagine that right??

btw I was not saying that you are or ever were a b%tch. I am sure you are a very nice professional woman.

Ha ha. That's funny. 😎
StarryNight

Apr 17, 2008, 12:59 PM
🤣 Genrally, I don't consider myself a b!tch, but we all have our tendencies. I must be one hell of a sales person, though, 'cause he bought the insurance!

"No, sweetie, I can't get you a free phone just because you lost yours, but look! If I wave my magic wand, you can get one for only $50!" 🤣
groundhog_day

Apr 17, 2008, 1:42 PM
lol nice.
inked n poked.

Apr 17, 2008, 7:15 PM
just be careful.

if thiengs do work out, you might want to tell him he cant be your customer anymore...

b/c the next thing you know hell want a DEAL or need SOMETHING.

but ya never know.

good luck!
lscarb85

Apr 17, 2008, 7:19 PM
i say yes!!! free is always good, jsut don't drink too much!!
golem22

Apr 17, 2008, 7:59 PM
Take it or leave it but here is my advice, sure its ok to date the guy but you should make it clear from the get go that regarding any issues with his cellphone he should go to a different store when possible to keep it professional.

Basically business is business and pleasure is pleasure, its not usualy a good idea to mix the two when your in the sales industry.
UOQuack

Apr 18, 2008, 10:00 AM
Enquiring minds want to know!
StarryNight

Apr 18, 2008, 3:13 PM
RAWR! We're trying to make a date but we're both apparently super busy people...I'll definitely update the thread with any juicy info 🤤
UOQuack

Apr 18, 2008, 4:02 PM
Pics too! haha

Had a co-worker who used to show us pictures of his latest "conquests"...in action, so to speak.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.