Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 5 replies

Why do people reward customer stupidity????

golem22

Apr 14, 2008, 10:35 AM
If the customer does not look at his bill and uses that as an excuse for overage why do people reward that and give credit Grrrrrrrr!(an example would be claiming he had no idea how many text were included with his plan even though he had the same plan for over a year.)
liquidfire

Apr 14, 2008, 10:37 AM
because they are spineless and cant stand up to a cust (even one that is on the phone and cant do anything when you refuse the credit)

grow a set ppl!
MizzSprint

Apr 14, 2008, 11:45 AM
It's not that they're spineless it's because they would like to keep their jobs.
liquidfire

Apr 14, 2008, 12:04 PM
umm i have to disagree

where in your job description does it say that oyu have to give credit for valid charges?
traegon

Apr 14, 2008, 4:07 PM
My response to those? It is your responsiblity maam/sir to look at your bill. Unfortnately, that is not a valid reason to dispute charges on your bill. It's the same when a customer says they didn't recieve a paper bill. Well, that still does not alleviate you from paying. We give you three additional methods in order to obtain your account balance, and if for some reason you do not have internet access, dont have a celphone and live in the middle of the woods, where your only social activity is watching bears poo, then you still know what your monthly service charge is, so you should at least pay that every month. 🙂
jake_heitz

Apr 14, 2008, 3:49 PM
I work for big blue's retention. It is a policy of ours to first explain the overages to them and then if they threaten to xl the number or acct then we are able to credit the overages. first we start with half and then depending on the number of lines at risk of xlation, LTV then we can credit them all. However we only have a 250.00 threshold. Its not like we do it for fun its a way to get a save. Its how we get paid in our dept. Even if we know that they are valid charges we still apply a credit.

it is up to the rep if they want to be a harda*$, and not credit more than half. I know I only issue half credit and explain that they have to meet us half way and take responsiblity for the overages.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.