Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 37 replies

Why, in the name of all that is not painful, am I here today?

Nikoletta

Apr 13, 2008, 2:53 PM
It snowed in March. All month. A lot. It was horrible. It snowed the first week of April. I wanted to cry. I am so sick of snow.

Friday was the FIRST reasonably nice day we have had all year. Saturday it was actually nice, like mid 60's, some light clouds, a mild breeze. I left every window and door open for the breeze.

Today is GORGEOUS. It is perfect. I walked out to my car to get a pack of gum... and seriously considered staying there.

Low 70's, sunny, a few fluffy white clouds but otherwise clear blue sky, the faintest breeze flutters past occasionally but otherwise it is still, warm, sunny and stunning.

And we're deader than a doornail. In the 4 hours I have been chained to this computer I have had five customers....
(continues)
UOQuack

Apr 14, 2008, 9:38 AM
Ah yes, weather in the lovely Pacific NW. Rain, snow, ice and fog so thick you can eat it. That's why I live in S. Carolina now.
thiscurveismine

Apr 22, 2008, 7:29 PM
where abouts do you work? kind of sounds like my weather, it has actually been rain, snow, sleet, hail, and sun (and that is all in an hour some days 😲 ), thunder storms, and wind!!!
Gotta love the south sound.... its supposed to be in the mid 60's this weekend and I am off all weekend.....

😁 😁 😁
Nikoletta

Apr 22, 2008, 7:45 PM
Inland Northwest. It's been freakish weather all winter. Yesterday, the 21st of April it was snowing like a blizzard and STICKING for about an hour then all melted.

Crazy-go-nuts
thiscurveismine

Apr 22, 2008, 7:54 PM
sounds like u are in my area! south sound on the I-5 corridor?!?!?!?!
bigmike99s

Apr 22, 2008, 7:59 PM
wow you guys are all in washington state huh. Im out in the tacoma area so i definatly know what crazy weather is like.
thiscurveismine

Apr 22, 2008, 8:31 PM
yeah tacoma.
Nikoletta

Apr 24, 2008, 4:02 PM
Think a little further inland... like about 300 miles.
thiscurveismine

Apr 24, 2008, 4:24 PM
so eastern washington, either tri cities area or spokane/pullman area? not sure mileage from here, but its gotta be on the east side for that one. Maybe even Idaho
Nikoletta

Apr 24, 2008, 9:51 PM
That's about right though we don't consider Pullman really part of the Metro, it's down with Moscow... we're actually just over into Idaho.
sammish

Apr 23, 2008, 9:34 PM
not gonna lie, this is a great perk of call centers...I'm in a mall now but the call center I worked for had a program where they would gauge service levels and then if call quality and wait time were doing well, and there was an excess of reps on the floor, they'd start sending people home on a first-ask first-serve basis. kinda miss that. (not to mention wearing jeans/pjs/whatever to work and having a bunch of toys on my desk...haha) 😁
Nikoletta

Apr 24, 2008, 4:01 PM
They do that here too but they start with people getting off as close to the current time as possible and move back from there. Since I am a closer (on all my shifts) I am ALWYAS the last person to get the option to go home. Also because I'm so cross-trained even when closers are being offered the chance I am usually told I am not allowed because I can cover so much.
ihateeverything

Apr 24, 2008, 4:38 PM
Nikoletta said:
bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch

😁 Srsly, get a different job if youre going to bleed all over the internet.
Nikoletta

Apr 24, 2008, 5:07 PM
This is exactly why I stopped posting for a while because I got ****ing sick of dumbs41t "why don't you go find another job" comments.

Seems like every couple of months so goddamn idiot has to ask the exact same question. Is the concept of venting so very difficult to grasp?

So for all the r-tards out there who can't grasp the concept... Go play "hide and go **** yourself." 😁
ihateeverything

Apr 24, 2008, 5:28 PM
Woah woah settle down there, I don't actually care if you find another job. ****. *avoids the vaginal blood spewed at him from all directions*
tick

Apr 25, 2008, 10:24 AM
ihateeverything said:
Woah woah settle down there, I don't actually care if you find another job. ****. *avoids the vaginal blood spewed at him from all directions*

🀣
ihateeverything

Apr 24, 2008, 5:31 PM
Nikoletta said:
god damn idiot ****ing idiot blah blah blah blah blah blah😁

Attack what is said not the sayer you intellectual you.
Nikoletta

Apr 24, 2008, 7:59 PM
*avoids the vaginal blood spewed at him from all directions*

And that's intellectual? Sounds more like a vulgar little high school idiot talking to me.
ihateeverything

Apr 24, 2008, 8:01 PM
That's just scathing cynical critiqueπŸ™‚ I'm not an idiot because you can't cell phones.
ihateeverything

Apr 24, 2008, 8:02 PM
+sell..excuse my error
Nikoletta

Apr 24, 2008, 9:35 PM
And why do you keep saying sell? I'm not in sales, haven't been for years.
slick

Apr 24, 2008, 5:54 PM
Hey Nikoletta, I don't post much here, but I gotta validate your posts against these nay-sayers. I think you write great in-depth stories of terrible accounts with terrible humans. Don't stop because of these "r-tards."
ihateeverything

Apr 24, 2008, 5:58 PM
slick said:
Don't stop because of these "r-tards."

Nice. Kiss ass on the internet. Maybe that will get you some. Her entire post is about how boring her job is because nobody wants to buy from her. And it just goes on and on and on like that. If sitting on her ass and browsing the internet is so ****ing difficult maybe she should get another job or stfu cause nobody wants to hear about how easy (yet pathetic) her life is.
MizzSprint

Apr 24, 2008, 6:30 PM
Wow! Are you getting paid to net bully? Who the FIZZ are you to judge how her life is? Live your life and STFU!
ihateeverything

Apr 24, 2008, 6:41 PM
It's a public forum and I'll reply to anones 'woe is me' bs I feel like.
MizzSprint

Apr 24, 2008, 6:43 PM
EXACTLYYYYYYYY! 😳 It's a public forum, she can speak on whatever she wants!!!! I'm sick of people on here who crown themselves PhoneScoop moderators. Damn must be a good job does it offer health benefits?
thiscurveismine

Apr 24, 2008, 7:34 PM
seriously, it wasnt a "woe is me" thread as you so ignorantly proclaimed. She was merely expressing that it sucked to be at work on the first nice day that we have had all year. Have you ever heard of seasonal depression? It is actually a weather related MEDICAL condition and in states that have months and months of nothing but, cloudy, drerey, grey, rainy days.... it is nice to have a REALLY sunny day come out of nowhere and then at the same time it sucks to be stuck in a damn building all day.
GET OVER IT, like you said it is a public forum ihateeverything!
ihateeverything

Apr 24, 2008, 7:36 PM
It's not medical. It's pseudo-psychological. There is no hard science to assert that it has any chemical or other physical properties in the brain which can be gauged.

She can say how her day pisses me off and I can say how she pisses me off. What? **** society.
johnnyslick

Apr 24, 2008, 9:45 PM
What does this even mean? If by "not medical" you mean "doctors routinely diagnose it and have heavily-tested treatments for it", yes it is "not medical". If by "there is no hard science" you mean "there are literally thousands of studies on the subject, most of which classify it as a particular form of depression", then you are correct on that as well.

I love how many people in this great nation of ours just assume everyone else around them is faking because they just don't want to go to work. And then they vote Republican.
ihateeverything

Apr 25, 2008, 3:49 PM
johnnyslick said:
If by "not medical" you mean "doctors routinely diagnose it and have heavily-tested treatments for it", yes it is "not medical".

Yes, doctors make a ton of money when they meet quotas to perscribe synthetic drugs manufactured to treat the symptoms of diseases with no known cause, no known cure, and subjective characteristics like depression or a low serotonin level which can be accompanied by hundreds of various conditions.

If by "there is no hard science" you mean "there are literally thousands of studies on the subject, most of which classify it as a particular form of depression", then you are correct on that as well.

There is no evidence that depres...
(continues)
Butthead007

Apr 24, 2008, 11:28 PM
Ummm I think the word your ignorant self is groping for is psychosomatic, not "pseudo-psychological."

And you're wrong. It's called SAD--Seasonal Affective Disorder and is related to the release of serotonin.

It was a nice day out and she did not want to work. It's worse when its a nice day and you are 110% bored at work. No woe is me here.

Now stop being a moron and do something productive like learn how to put ships into bottles or jerk off.
MizzSprint

Apr 25, 2008, 11:00 AM
Lol 😁
ihateeverything

Apr 25, 2008, 3:45 PM
Butthead007 said:
And you're wrong. It's called SAD--Seasonal Affective Disorder and is related to the release of serotonin.

No I am not wrong. "Related to the release of serotonin", as they taught you in community college, may be a correlation but in no way is causative. A lot of things can be related to the release of serotonin.
MizzSprint

Apr 24, 2008, 7:36 PM
😁 😁 THANK YOU!
slick

Apr 25, 2008, 5:06 PM
How much sh*t did that grin eat?
ihateeverything

Apr 24, 2008, 8:05 PM
Everyone on this part of the forum bitches about idiot customers. You bitch because you can't get any customers. See the difference?
StarryNight

Apr 25, 2008, 4:31 PM
Um...no, actually, I don't see any difference. Plenty of us post WHEN our stores/centers are dead strictly BECAUSE they're dead and we're bored.

And if you have any history on this forum, you'd know that Nikoletta is always an entertaining poster who writes mostly about customers. Who cares if she wants to post about her lack of customers for a change?
MizzSprint

Apr 25, 2008, 5:35 PM
I πŸ™‚ Agree

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.