Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 8 replies

I make as much as a McDs Team leader now!!!!!!!

Dj Podmaster

Apr 8, 2008, 8:07 AM
So minimum wage went up by 75 cents in my area last week. Most companies applied raises to keep people from leaving, my company did jack all. I discovered i would actually make more hourly if i went to McDs as a team leader!!!!!!! 👿 😕 😕

Would you like fries with that?

Does it really pay to remain with a company for a long period of time?
ralph_on_me

Apr 8, 2008, 8:24 AM
Dj Podmaster said:
Does it really pay to remain with a company for a long period of time?

Generally, no.

Real life example:
April 1st: Company publishes revised severance packages. Employees are given two weeks pay plus one extra week of severance pay for each year of employment.
April 3rd: Company announces they'll be closing over 55 locations in 7 days.
April 7th: Company publishes revised severance packages again which cut everyone to a maximum of two weeks. One week payable immediately with the second week payable in August IF there's any money left.

We're all little people, so I advise working in a little company. The big ones will never care about you.
Dj Podmaster

Apr 8, 2008, 8:33 AM
What really gets me is that even our competitors gave their employees a raise to match the minimum and my company goes and cuts our commissions as well.

I think its time i set fireworks off in my store dumpster again (it was an accident last year I SWEAR!!).
ralph_on_me

Apr 8, 2008, 8:37 AM
is your hourly rate actually lower than the minimum wage?
Blumpelstiltskin

Apr 8, 2008, 8:51 AM
From my understanding, that .75 cent raise in MW made his salary match minimum...

Either way - if you decide to work at McD's, make sure my apple pies are piping hot!
Dj Podmaster

Apr 8, 2008, 10:13 AM
I was making $1.50 above minimum now the new hires will make the same as me since the company starts people $0.75 over the minimum.

Have you ever had the Subway apple pies? They are amazing!!! They are bigger then the McDs and better!!!
OfAMightDivine

Apr 8, 2008, 11:32 AM
I would make more money if I quit my job now, and then came back after 90 days as a regular rep. When I first got my promotion, they gave us a nice raise, but took away our ability to bonus. That's fine and all since you can only bonus when on the phones, and the new position was WAY less phone time (if any at all).

Then they changed the pay scale they hire reps at. So basically, I now train new hires that make more money than me base, AND they can still bonus. Some of the reps I have to train are making $2-3 more per hour than I am.
mhalbert

Apr 8, 2008, 12:38 PM
I work in a call center for big blue sales and my 16 year old little sister works in a Grocery Store as a Check out clerk. I only make $.50 more than she does an hour.
johnnyslick

Apr 8, 2008, 2:48 PM
There are two ways to solve this:

1. Get a job with another company and let them know what the other guys are going to be paying you and see if your people will match.

2. Get a job with another company and just leave.

You could try talking to the manager as well but I am not optimistic about your chances. My experience with that kind of place is that if they're freely messing up the pay structure like that, the only way they'll ever get you more money is if you force them to do so.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.