Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 22 replies

I had to share!

princessn1984

Apr 8, 2008, 8:06 AM
So I'm firewalled at work so I haven't been able to share my story until now... So I live & work in a predominately black area (I see maybe 1 or 2 other white people per week in my store, let alone the area)... and two (black) women were paying their bills with me. They are talking about living in a certain area (which isn't the area I live in) and one asks the other how it is living in this suburb that she lives in... and she goes... "Its ok, except for the Honkies!"

Now, why is it ok for her to say that in front of me? I would be crucified if I said the "N" word in front of her, and she just laughs about that! I wouldn't have made such a point of race in this story if it hadn't been racial based in the first place... so there. Tha...
(continues)
Dj Podmaster

Apr 8, 2008, 8:12 AM
I hate when people like that are such hypocrites.
Blumpelstiltskin

Apr 8, 2008, 8:54 AM
Reverse discrimination is okay!

You would have had Al Sharpton knocking at your door if you would have said anything remotely biased. But it's okay for certain communities to discriminate against others - this is a prime example.

I'm not going to start up with the "black people can call other black people a ****a, so why can't I?" I hate that argument.
liquidfire

Apr 8, 2008, 9:07 AM
just cuz they call each other that doesnt make it ok for us to call them that, i agree. but if its wrong for me to use a racial term towards you then it is just as wrong for you to do it towards me. i dont care what color your skin is or what religion you are, its still racist and should be treated that way. i dont care what happend to your ancestors, that wasnt you and more importantly its over with now
Dj Podmaster

Apr 8, 2008, 10:20 AM
He suggests we all become very open with our racism and make sure we are equal about it. Don't be hating somebody more then the other now children. It seemed more logical then the politically correct way. lol
ihateeverything

Apr 8, 2008, 4:21 PM
I don't get why blacks can call other blacks the n word but I can't. How dare they steal that privilage from me.
tick

Apr 9, 2008, 6:17 PM
Main Entry: nig.ger
Pronunciation: 'ni-g&r
Function: noun
Etymology: alteration of earlier neger, from Middle French negre, from Spanish or Portuguese negro, from negro black, from Latin niger
Date: 1700
1 : a black person -- usually taken to be offensive
2 : a member of any dark-skinned race -- usually taken to be offensive
3 : a member of a socially disadvantaged class of persons
usage |/|igger in senses 1 and 2 can be found in the works of such writers of the past as Joseph Conrad, Mark Twain, and Charles Dickens, but it now ranks as perhaps the most offensive and inflammatory racial slur in English. Its use by and among blacks is not always intended or taken as offensive, but, except in sense 3, it is otherwise a word expressive...
(continues)
johnnyslick

Apr 8, 2008, 11:21 AM
Are you really offended by the word honkey?
BigShowJB

Apr 8, 2008, 2:19 PM
it sounds like she is offended by the double standard, as am I
johnnyslick

Apr 8, 2008, 2:23 PM
Waaa! I wanna say the n word but can't! Help me! I'm being oppressed!
BigShowJB

Apr 8, 2008, 3:02 PM
yeah but i get sued and prosecuted for saying it but they don't
johnnyslick

Apr 8, 2008, 3:03 PM
Really? How many white people do you know who have been successfully sued for saying the N word? I'll give you a hint: you haven't heard of any. Saying the N word is not a crime. It can get you fired, but getting fired for being an ass is not a crime either.
player1

Apr 8, 2008, 4:28 PM
Thats not the point you tartcake. When its reversed its a HUGE deal but when its a black person its ok. Everybody wants equal rights then make the playing field even. Yound white males are by far the minority when it comes to opportunity. It has nothing to do with what was said.
sckoisks17

Apr 8, 2008, 4:43 PM
To be completely honest, I doubt a race-neutral employer would sit on their hands if a black employee called a coworker or customer a "honky" and was reported for it.
tick

Apr 9, 2008, 6:26 PM
I believe that ******s and honkies can co-exist peacefully.
tick

Apr 9, 2008, 6:27 PM
Oh isn't that interesting. The N word is censored, but honkies is not a problem.

BS.
Tmo Slave

Apr 8, 2008, 4:26 PM
Its not that she is offended by the word but the double standard. Its ok for black people to be racist but not for white people to be racist. I don't think its ok for anyone to be racist. If you are going to hate someone hate them because they're an A-hole not because of their skin. I judge people based on their own personal actions not what they look like.
traegon

Apr 8, 2008, 4:10 PM
It's not the word that matters to begin with. Words are neutral, it's how we use them that gives them meaning. And as stated previously, the double standard is what is agitating, in this case, the racially motivated word was being used in a negative manner, which is poo 🙂

It's along the same lines as saying 'You got jewed' or 'That's gay' (Very commonly ont thought about or overlooked.)
dualitycomplex

Apr 8, 2008, 4:38 PM
haha reverse racism is the greatest, and a little known fact about al sharpton, anyone from NYC remember when he made those comments about the jewish land lord not renewing a lease for a black tennet to continue his business in the building the land lord owned so the land lord could expand his own business throughout the building ( its not like he evicted him, he just didnt renew the lease ) and caused a mini race riot?

see at work i'll remain proffessional about the whole thing smile nod and be thinking in the back of my head "what a dip $h!t ) outside of work hell noes, i'll counter that crap with the full weight of a 20pound sledge hammer of a verbal onslaught.

Funny story besides the al sharpton one above, I had an old black man...
(continues)
MizzSprint

Apr 9, 2008, 5:34 PM
As a child of the new century I disagree with racism. I actually hate when people use the N word no matter what their race is. I think the main problem with the N word is because it's so powerful; It has that negative past behind it. The word honkey isn't as powerful as the N word, but still she shouldn't have said that.

My mom works for the Government with assistence to needy families mostly Afican American. One day last week she over heard her co worker on the phone telling a friend of his " You couldn't work at my job because you would be like M.F.N." He didn't say the actual words but what would you think that meant if you heard it? Mother f**king N*'s.

It's wrong to call people names and I think we all deal with it enough growin...
(continues)
lady_att

Apr 10, 2008, 1:07 PM
i like racial slurs for "whites"... especially cracker. i wish somebody would call me that.
tick

Apr 10, 2008, 2:15 PM
lady_att said:
i like racial slurs for "whites"... especially cracker. i wish somebody would call me that.

Cracker! 😛
GettingItDone01

Apr 10, 2008, 1:33 PM
It's funny how "Honkey" isn't seen as offensive, and how it doesn't hit the language filter when the N word does. Because if you look up the meaning of Honkey, here's what it says:

Honkey
noun
(slang) offensive names for a White man [syn: whitey]

If you're white in this country it's pretty hard to use the "race card." Yet no one else seems to have a problem using it....

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.