Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 13 replies

Wait, you mean I have good news for a change?! No way....

StarryNight

Apr 7, 2008, 11:55 AM
YES WAY!

I got a promotion! 😁 😁 😁

Yippee! I'm now a lead at my store, which I know isn't a huge deal, but I've been in a tiny store for two and a half years waiting for the opportunity to move up and it finally happened. Looks like for once my patience has paid off!

I can only hope everyone else is having a good day too, but seeing as it's Monday I doubt that's the case...
OfAMightDivine

Apr 7, 2008, 12:09 PM
Congratulations on a promotion! Did it come with a big, fat raise?

*Plays "Movin On Up" by Primal Scream*

😁 😁 😁 😁 😁 😁 😁 😁 😁 😁

PS - 200 bonus points if you know the album title that song came from.
M15TER P1NK

Apr 7, 2008, 12:19 PM
screamidelica... ill take my 200 points in the form of encore e-points... i hope you work for sprint. 😛
OfAMightDivine

Apr 7, 2008, 12:33 PM
I'm sorry, but these 200 points are not transferable to Encore E-Points. I don't work for Sprint. The points are good however at your local Ice Cream store. Stop by there and tell them you got 200 points from me, and you want a free soft Twist cone.
M15TER P1NK

Apr 7, 2008, 12:47 PM
Sweet... 🤤
StarryNight

Apr 7, 2008, 12:26 PM
Define "big fat raise", and we'll see 😎

So I'm betting that's a hardcore version of "Movin' on Up" from the Jefferson's, right? I hope it is, 'cause that would kick a lot of a$$.
OfAMightDivine

Apr 7, 2008, 12:31 PM
Nope. It's actually a House/Alternative band from the late 80's, early 90's.

I have yet to hear a Metal version of The Jefferson's theme... but that just gives me an idea. You should listen to Throwdown's cover of Baby Got Back 🤤 🤤 🤤 😛 😛 😛
StarryNight

Apr 7, 2008, 12:43 PM
I just searched for it on the Sprint Music Store, and they have lots of Throwdown songs, but unfortunately not that one...bummer!

I love when bands from opposite genres cover songs...like Reel Big Fish doing broadway show tunes. It's always such a nice fresh perspective.

And hell, who doesn't love "Baby Got Back"?! 😁 Now I know who to blame when I find myself singing "..deep in the jeasns she's wearin', hooked and I can't stop starin'..."

🤣 🤣 🤣
OfAMightDivine

Apr 7, 2008, 12:50 PM
hahaha. I love cover songs in general. If you REALLY wanna hear some weird ones, look for Amorphis - Light My Fire, Ozzy And Dweezil Zappa - Stayin' Alive, Avantasia - Lay All Your Love On Me, Dimension Zero - Stayin Alive, Epica - Replica.

There's tons of covers. If you can tolerate Death Metal, I would reccommend Ten Masked Men. They cover pop songs in Death Metal style. Like Baby, One More Time, Livin La Vida Loca, Gangsta's Paradise, Eye Of The Tiger, Smooth Operator, Papa Don't Preach... and tons of other ones. Always good for a laugh.
M15TER P1NK

Apr 7, 2008, 12:54 PM
oh baby... i wanna get wit cha... and take you pict-cha...

my homeboys try to warn me but that butt you got make...

um... right... do a search for "covers" on thepiratebay.org and close to the top of the list should be a 500 song file of nothing but awesome covers... including bodem's "hit me baby one more time"
M15TER P1NK

Apr 7, 2008, 12:11 PM
Woo! welcome to the leauge of ENDLESS PAPERWORK JOCKEY!
StarryNight

Apr 7, 2008, 12:24 PM
It came with a decent raise, nothing I'm gonna go around dancing about but a little padding for the pockets.

I'm just psyched to finally be able to have some say in what goes down. I'm really hoping I can help our store to be a better place to work, but we'll see. I'm hoping I can use this as motivation to get back in the "game" of this industry. 😁
DANGER13

Apr 7, 2008, 9:51 PM
YA TRY WORKIN IN A STORE WHERE U JUST STARTED WITH THE COMPANY NOT EVEN A MONTH AGO AND UR ABOUT TO TAKE THE MANAGER SPOT WHEN THERE ALREADY IS ONE BECAUSE UR N THE TOP 10 SALES REPS OF THE WHOLE COMPANY AND NUMBER ONE IN UR ENTIRE REGION AND SO ALL THE OTHER EMPLOYEES TURN INTO BACK STABBERS AND HATERS AND TRY TO SNAKE OR RUIN UR SALES TO GET U FIRED ...F'N BS
OfAMightDivine

Apr 7, 2008, 10:26 PM
Try turning off the caps lock key.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.