Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 8 replies

anything cheper??

sunvzw

Jan 17, 2005, 7:44 PM
Why do people think they get everything free when it comes to cellphones.....i had a guy right now looking at my phones..i told him the phone he liked was 50 dollars and he gets a 50 rebate...he replied do you have anything cheper? what the hell it dosent get any cheper than free buddy. i worried about people. 😳
lmpff

Jan 17, 2005, 7:49 PM
i run into the same thing a lot too. people don't want to pay anything up front for their phones.
pepsigirl

Jan 17, 2005, 8:25 PM
Then they want to pitch a fit when they need a new phone..."What do you mean you want me to pay $179.99, I got it for free?" the vicious cycle will never end. If you would have not been so cheap to begin with you would have gotten the phone insurance.... 😁
heather_bo_beather

Jan 18, 2005, 4:00 PM
Not to mention that when they have phone insurance they throw a fit cause they have to go through the insurance company for replacement. It's just like car insurance... you crash your car.... Does Ford replace it?!
ralph_on_me

Jan 19, 2005, 6:48 PM
I just nod and smile at those people. I offer insurance which they decline, and let them screw themselves in a few months when they break it. The full retail price is listed fully on our receipts, so they should have no questions (assuming they read).
tequilasundae

Jan 20, 2005, 10:24 AM
just had someone call and cancel their insurance...gonna break in their house and cover her phone in A1 sauce and feed it to her dog...just to teach her a lesson... 😈 😈
justpeachy

Jan 20, 2005, 6:40 PM
A1 sauce? Why not... thousand island dressing? Or Grey Poupon?
speedywalk

Jan 20, 2005, 3:26 PM
I hate to say it, but it is the carriers' fault. All of them. Back when the phones were so expensive and the service was too, they needed to give away free phones to get sign-ups on the service. Now the rates have come down considerably, as have the phone prices. But we (collective of ALL carriers) have gotten the customers into the same situation as Pavlov's dogs: need a phone = free.

The problem with that is most of the free phones don't do any good for the carriers and the customers don't and CAN'T seem to understand that. The carriers offer the other services (sms, mms, internet, etc) to make up for the loss on phones and adjustments and other things that customers call in to care and get for "free." They don't understand that nothing...
(continues)
kof

Jan 21, 2005, 11:28 AM
you can also point the finger at the little non-exclusive dealers(the whole in the wall multi-carrier stores). They are in so much competition with other stores like them within a mile, that the take it in the tail just to get the activation.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.