Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 11 replies

For the love of consistency...

StarryNight

Apr 2, 2008, 4:27 PM
Now, don't get me wrong. I don't fear change. I even enjoy it. It's part of what makes working in this industry bearable. New phones, new applications, new technology...I enjoy all of it.

What I don't enjoy is when a company can't get their footing and they constanty try new and ridiculous things to make it work. I'm not talking about being innovative, or thinking outside the box. I'm talking about the way they keep throwing out random objectives and changing the focus every couple of weeks so that the reps just end up running around like chickens with their heads cut off. I feel like as soon as I get my footing in one metric, they stop caring about it and all of a sudden there's twelve other things to focus on. Move your focus to those ...
(continues)
Blumpelstiltskin

Apr 2, 2008, 5:02 PM
You're burning out... we have to be able to adapt to change, it's the only way any of us are going to make it. It seems like the company is just throwing ideas out there to see what sticks... hopefully once they find something effective - you'll stick to it, and that will become the new medium.
Chaos

Apr 2, 2008, 5:04 PM
Get a better position. I know what you mean by the focus always changing... It's like putting a band-aid on a bullet wound.

Focusing on one metric doesn't solve the over all issue, but its the most common format.
StarryNight

Apr 2, 2008, 5:26 PM
I know, you guys are right. It's tough to feel confident and comfortable in your job when it feels like your bigwigs are throwing darts at a board to figure out what your objectives should be. And I know the whole situation is way more complicated than I give it credit for - if it wasn't, I'd be the CEO by now - but keeping the faith gets more difficult by the day.

What's really disappointing is that I believe SO MUCH in what we offer via products and services. If we've got such an amazing portfolio, how come we're losing so many customers? Rawr, the frustrations of the world of wireless are tiresome.

I'm done whining now, I promise.
Chaos

Apr 2, 2008, 6:55 PM
Just out of curiosity, what provider do you work for?
StarryNight

Apr 3, 2008, 11:10 AM
If you had to guess per the previous post, who would you think that I worked for? 😎
hereticcavi

Apr 3, 2008, 12:35 PM
i would guess sprint, unless who u work for is exactly like sprint
StarryNight

Apr 3, 2008, 1:25 PM
Bingo! 😁
custservguru

Apr 3, 2008, 1:35 PM
I am in the same boat with you. I also work for Sprint and this is just getting crazy. Myself and fellow reps are always complaining about the constant changes and what seems like never given the correct information until it's too late and we are docked out the a$$ for not giving the correct information to the customer on the call. "Use KMS they say." Seriously, KMS is the biggest joke.
hereticcavi

Apr 3, 2008, 3:57 PM
on a store level we have scg's and pos sheets......which the only difference is the pos sheet makes the cust sign and initial things like contract and such. but all in all, the sheets are the same. and if a mystery shopper comes in and we dont use em........?
ohhh well better than being a cook at KFC
(sorry if i pissed in your cereal KFC cook)
OfAMightDivine

Apr 3, 2008, 11:35 AM
I understand what you mean. We do this in my center all the time, except that we'll get griped at after we fix one thing, due to something else will go off kilter.

For example here, they started pressuring us to make all our agents to provide self-serve options, and review accounts for unknown overages to the customer, and price plan analysis on every call. That's all fine and dandy, but then we all got griped at because out handing time per call went up. Well duh! You tell us to do more on the call, but not want the call to be longer. Well, if we can't speed talk through the call, and we can't tell customers to shut up so we can finish our work, what else do you want us to do? There is no rep in ANY company that wants to be on the call ...
(continues)
custservguru

Apr 3, 2008, 1:31 PM
I couldn't agree more with you. Our call flow,what we're required to say and do, constantly changes. Then, with the ever so changing call flow, our scores go down for not telling the customer something or doing something. I believe our call flow, especially the opening, has changed at least a dozen or more times since I've been here. It will be 2 years for me on May 1st. The worst part is now we have a whole new system to learn. From what I understand, what took only 5 clicks to change an esn will now take over 100 clicks. So much for handle time.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.