Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 12 replies

third one today...

BigShowJB

Apr 2, 2008, 1:08 PM
C: I'd like to pay my bill.

M: Ok how much did you want to put on the account?

C: What's my total due?

M: ๐Ÿคจ I don't know. You haven't given me any account information to go off of.

C: huh? what do you mean

M: ๐Ÿ˜ณ ๐Ÿ‘€

Ok dumba$ses, my nametag does not read Carnac the magnificent or anything like that. but yes, my time allowances, account access capabilities and memory capacity are so great that I have every account balance and face that has an account with our carrier memorized so that as soon as you walk up and tell me that you need to pay your bill I have already seen you coming and have your account pulled up and all I have to do is click on submit payment and take your money from you.
๐Ÿ˜
have...
(continues)
hereticcavi

Apr 2, 2008, 1:12 PM
i get this on a hourly basis.... and then they dont know their phone numbers, and i have to look it up in their phones
vreaper

Apr 2, 2008, 3:15 PM
that's the best, isn't it

Custy: how much do i owe?

me: lemme look it up, wut's yer phone number?

Custy: i don't kno

me: ๐Ÿคจ

custy: well i never call myself

me: ๐Ÿ˜ณ
princessn1984

Apr 2, 2008, 3:33 PM
That one gets rather old. You don't send mail to yourself but you know your address!
OfAMightDivine

Apr 3, 2008, 12:50 AM
Never assume they know their address. That's asking too much.
MizzSprint

Apr 8, 2008, 4:04 PM
I hate when they say that line about not calling themselves. Are you freaking serious? You don't you give the number out? Or are you that much of a loser that no-one calls you?
attwork

Apr 2, 2008, 3:32 PM
...When you asked the customer how much he wanted to pay instead of asking for his # first, you were just asking for that to happen....

So many frustrating situations can be avoided with customers if you just word things differently.
dualitycomplex

Apr 2, 2008, 9:10 PM
m-me
c-custie

c-i'd like to pay a bill

m-sure home or cell

c-cellphone

m-ok can i get that number also is that prepaid or are you on a contract, and just to let you know i can only proccess cash payments.

c-fine.

i proccess everything and then she hands me a debit card ( for some reason i think i already posted this but it still rings in my head every time i see some one with a credit card or brings up bill payments )

m-sorry i can only take cash payments.

c- this is cash!

i actually had to explain the difference between cash and debit tried to help her pay over the phone with the debit card and got screamed and and threatened to be reported to my manager, i told him bout it about an hour later when he got back ...
(continues)
MizzSprint

Apr 8, 2008, 6:10 PM
I agree, some people you have to word things very specifically.

This is kinda off but I love when people come in like how much is my bill? why is it so high? and when you ask them do they know their plan and when they say no there's your answer. You don't know why your bill is so high because you don't take the time to look at your bill.

Honestly, if you don't read the bill do the earth a favor and stop the paper bills from being sent out. Bills aren't sent out so the mailman knows your cell carrier.
golem22

Apr 12, 2008, 12:42 AM
Since i work in a call center i get it every day but i typically stem that sort of stupidity away right off

Me: what is the wireless number you are calling about sir?

Cust: I want to talk about my bill.

Me: Thats fine but i wont be able to help you until i open your account, your wireless number please ๐Ÿ™‚

Cust: can you tell me why your bill is so high?

Me: your wireless number please.

Usualy the customer understands that i could care less about there problem until i am in there account by then...Or they hang up, either way i win.
BigShowJB

Apr 12, 2008, 10:28 AM
I work at a 3p dealer, and we use precash, so his number wouldn't halp me much at all
ac4321

Apr 2, 2008, 10:16 PM
More often I get:

"Hi, I want to pay my bill. It's under (insert random name here)."

Um, yeah. I hate to break this to you, I know you're parents said you're special (and on some levels you definitely are), but your name is not. I need a phone number, your mobile phone number, the one that comes with a bill with our logo on it.

Another favorite of mine:

Custy- "My phone isn't working."

Me- "Okay, what is *your* mobile phone number?

Custy- "it's under/the main line is..."

(insert head desk smiley)

Me- I need the number of the one not working properly. (I'd say, "the number of the one with the issue," but I think the smarter ones may see the double entendre.)

๐Ÿคฃ
golem22

Apr 12, 2008, 12:45 AM
Trust me there are no smarter ones, i should know since i use the issue word all the time...

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.