Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 12 replies

Co-Workers

Seribus

Mar 31, 2008, 3:54 PM
Hey here is a question/scenario for anyone...

Im the store lead in my store, well today is slow only 2 people wrking myself in that number and the oter is a 19yr old girl that spend most nights out partying, almost everyday she comes in complaining that she is tired and doesn't want to be here. Well today same story and then after lunch she goes into the back and lays her head on the bck table for like 1hr 1/2 finally she comes out n asks can we turn on the heat(its colder in the back)i say well ya and you can say out here. my question is - Do you all think I should bring this up to my manager??
OfAMightDivine

Mar 31, 2008, 3:57 PM
Yes.
Foamy

Mar 31, 2008, 4:06 PM
If it's a constant thing, yes, definately.

I've taken a nap on company time before and permitted my co-worker the same amenity. However, that's a once every 6 months kind of thing and neither of us are the stay out late and complain all day type.
Seribus

Mar 31, 2008, 4:11 PM
well the "lay her head down thing" wasnt but ists always something similar....sitting down..walking off when a custie starts to come into the store(not all the time but alot
Foamy

Mar 31, 2008, 4:28 PM
Yeah, if she's a consistant poor worker than a report is definately in order.
MizzSprint

Apr 2, 2008, 11:04 AM
I think you should speak to her before you go to the manager. Pull her to the back one day, write her an email, or one day when it's just you two in the store talk to her about it. Let her know what she's doing wrong. How would she know how you felt if no-one ever confronted her? Be honest, let her know she needs to clean up her act and if she doesn't there will be consequences. She's 19 still young minded she's just working to probably support her partying habits. I know with my company they pile a bunch of nonsense on our managers so I hate bothering him about things I can work out with my co-workers.

I have a few people in my store who are cool, but it's those bad eggs that are sneaky. I have to look over my shoulder, if I even think ...
(continues)
attwork

Apr 2, 2008, 11:08 AM
Yeah, no kidding....you're store lead for a reason. You need to confront her about this (if you havn't already) and tell her whats on your mind.

Going to the manager should be a last resort.
BigShowJB

Mar 31, 2008, 4:14 PM
it's part of your responsibility as a store lead to bring it to your manager's attention that one of your sales people's attitudes or behavior is detrimental to store productivity.
smiliey

Mar 31, 2008, 5:06 PM
well thats not gonna help you get some buddy now is it??

either way get some or not, if you take turns napping its for sure an awesome trade off. but if she isnt picking up her end of the bargin and still not putting out, upper management should defintely hear about it. 🙂
SS EarlGoodman

Apr 1, 2008, 11:53 AM
are you talking about danielle?

just remember if you tell mark and he says something to her about it, its just going to make it that much more awkward at work because she will know it was you lol.
Seribus

Apr 1, 2008, 1:30 PM
🤣 🤣 where yo been???
Christine Evans

Apr 3, 2008, 10:09 AM
Yes, you should.
tick

Apr 3, 2008, 3:05 PM
Just throwing this out there as a Last Resort to rectify the problem.

If she's hot ask her if there's anything you can do to her to make her less sleepy. Maybe say, "hey do you want to sleep with me?" If she says no definately go to the manager. 🤣

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.