Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

Something for Nothing

Lord_Gawkerbane

Jan 17, 2005, 1:57 PM
Yeah, it's time for another one of these threads.

An old guy came up and wanted to upgrade his AT&T phone and change rate plans, so I told him about how he could migrate. Things were going well, we settled on a phone and everything, and then he asked me about a car charger.

I told him how much it is, and he said he wanted me to throw it in for free. I told him that I couldn't and explained to him that the company needs to be profitable in order to maintain and build our network, etc. I didn't think to tell him about he was getting a $180 phone for free, but probably should have said something about that too.

He told me that he'd be paying $720 over the two years (on a $29.99 plan). So I had to expain gross versus net. 🙄

(continues)
luckyman

Jan 17, 2005, 4:01 PM
it's like 'selective hearing'. customers can use 'selective idioticy' to demand things like that in the face of logic. 😛
froggirl

Jan 18, 2005, 10:16 AM
Ugh, those people are the worst. My favorites are the ones who don't understand why the phones are different prices on different rate plans and why they can't pay $30 to replace their phone during their contract

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.